ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mustafahaji
Newly Registered

permanent residence

Post by mustafahaji » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Hello everyone

I am None EU national married to EEA citizen in United Kingdom since 08/2014 But we have been together since 07/2011 we have one kid born after we got married, on 11/2014 I have been issued a residence card of a family member of An EEA nation for five years, now we both want apply for ermanent residence in on application ( EEA PR ) my wife main applicant and includes me, but I have not past 5 years yet only 2 and half years, can we Apply now??
My wife live in uk since 2011 and always been working as nurse full time,

Thank you all for replying

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: permanent residence

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:48 am

You need 5 years residence from date of marriage if you did not have a residence card before marriage.

Without 5 uears residence as a non EU spouse, you don't qualify for PR.

You don't state what your immigration status was before you got married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mustafahaji
Newly Registered

Post by mustafahaji » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Prior to my marriage I was asylum seekers, my case was under legacy cases but it was mixed with 5 other asylum seeker,

Even my wife Included me to the application,? She want you apply too, some solicitors says I can do, 5 years count since you have started live together,

Thank you

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Just like CR001 said you can only count the time without a residence card if you had been married as the rights derived are automatic, however, you had no automatic right-to-reside as an unmarried partner without having been issued an EEA family permit or residence card.

mustafahaji
Newly Registered

Post by mustafahaji » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Well we start living together 31/07/2011 continuously,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:40 pm

You can only apply 5 years from date of your marriage. You will only qualify for PR in 08/2019, not any sooner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.