ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application status check

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application status check

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi I am new on here sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I applied for my husband's visa via priority from lahore on 3rd may. Today I emailed for status check and they said
It's 'awaiting decision and your application is in the final stage' Does that mean I will get my reply soon or can it still take quite long?
Thank you guys

sunshineusa
BANNED

Re: Spouse visa application status check

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Just got that as well. should be any day now.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Please do post your timeline in timeline thread as well

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 pm

InShaAllah may we get good news soon
sunshineusa wrote:Just got that as well. should be any day now.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 pm

So i just got an email saying my" application was received in UKVI in new york and being assembled and prepared for assessment from my package was sent from sheffield to new york. Wife Priority Settlment from USA.

Is this a bit concerning why new york has it now?

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm

But you are applying for a USA visa right? That doesn't sound concerning maybe they just need to look at the file because final decesion will be made by them.
sunshineusa wrote:So i just got an email saying my" application was received in UKVI in new york and being assembled and prepared for assessment from my package was sent from sheffield to new york. Wife Priority Settlment from USA.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Kokab223 wrote:But you are applying for a USA visa right? That doesn't sound concerning maybe they just need to look at the file because final decesion will be made by them.
sunshineusa wrote:So i just got an email saying my" application was received in UKVI in new york and being assembled and prepared for assessment from my package was sent from sheffield to new york. Wife Priority Settlment from USA.

Im from the USA. sent to sheffield as all other people do for settlment then got an email saying it is being prepared in NY UKVI?

Only non settlement are done in NY. Maybe they are starting to send them to the usa for help? Or maybe there was a problem?

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:52 am

Maybe they have started dealing with it in MY normally for British visa they tell us if the application is complicated so if there was a problem they would have told you I think

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:36 pm

I investigated and i found out that it couldve been a technical error based ont he ukvi hotline, and i found out they used a different old GWF number.

so they didnt say why that happened. they have to escalate it but looks more like an error to me.

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Kokab223 wrote:Hi I am new on here sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I applied for my husband's visa via priority from lahore on 3rd may. Today I emailed for status check and they said
It's 'awaiting decision and your application is in the final stage' Does that mean I will get my reply soon or can it still take quite long?
Thank you guys
Hi, this is what I got (In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval)
I was just wondering have anyone here got the same email and what is the timeline for the approval, thanks

hm7
Mood:

Post by hm7 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi all,

My wife's application is also at 'awaiting decision' from last 3 weeks but there is no progress further. Has anybody received a decision from this status and after how many days?

Also can I ask, if anyone of you has received a call from the home office and what type of number was displayed? Actually, I missed few phone calls couple of weeks back and trying to identify if these were from the home office?

Thanks.

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Mine is also awaiting decesion for 3 weeks now, and I think home office calls from a private number but I am not sure because I haven't received a call from them yet
hm7 wrote:Hi all,

My wife's application is also at 'awaiting decision' from last 3 weeks but there is no progress further. Has anybody received a decision from this status and after how many days?

Also can I ask, if anyone of you has received a call from the home office and what type of number was displayed? Actually, I missed few phone calls couple of weeks back and trying to identify if these were from the home office?

Thanks.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi

3 weeks is a short time at the moment compared the turnaround times even priority is taking 6-8 weeks at the moment. when did you submit your application?

If the home office do call, they will try several times to get in touch or send you a e-mail if you included an address on the form.

hm7
Mood:

Post by hm7 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 pm

3 weeks from 'awaiting decision'... our application is from Feb 2017. Biometrics did on 28 Feb 2017. So around 4 months in total.

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Afternoon guy,

could any one please help me i got checked my wife status visa its said"your application has been done and you get 10 days your passport. its mean she got the visa or refuse? i bit confuse is any one has got similar experience

please let me know much appreciate

hm7
Mood:

Post by hm7 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:04 pm

@khan7861 - that means a decision has been made on your application. Has it been approved or refused? you will only get to know once you go and pick the passport. Most likely it is approved only, so don't worry.

Good luck!

could you confirm how much time in total it took for your wife's visa?

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 pm

No that is normal. There is a UK processing centre in New York.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:48 am

Hi hm7

please can you explain you said most likely it is approved ??????? How you can say this

hm7 wrote:@khan7861 - that means a decision has been made on your application. Has it been approved or refused? you will only get to know once you go and pick the passport. Most likely it is approved only, so don't worry.

Good luck!

hm7
Mood:

Post by hm7 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Why I said that because I have read some cases where people have got their IHS fee refunded once the application is decided, which more or less means the application may have been refused. So in this case, as the IHS fee is not refunded (if that's correct) after a decision has been made, then it's approved only that is what i think. I may be completely wrong here...
Miss UK wrote:Hi hm7

please can you explain you said most likely it is approved ??????? How you can say this

hm7 wrote:@khan7861 - that means a decision has been made on your application. Has it been approved or refused? you will only get to know once you go and pick the passport. Most likely it is approved only, so don't worry.

Good luck!

thekhan87

Post by thekhan87 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:28 pm

hm7 wrote:Why I said that because I have read some cases where people have got their IHS fee refunded once the application is decided, which more or less means the application may have been refused. So in this case, as the IHS fee is not refunded (if that's correct) after a decision has been made, then it's approved only that is what i think. I may be completely wrong here...
Miss UK wrote:Hi hm7

Good luck!

Hi,

If the refund was done. Will that be back to the card that payment was made or by cheque?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 pm

thekhan87 wrote:Hi,

If the refund was done. Will that be back to the card that payment was made or by cheque?
If IHS is refunded, yes it gets credited back to the bank used to pay the IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.