ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bee2017
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Bee2017 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Hello I am new to this platform. I have applied for my ile after 5 year refugee status and I've been waiting three months now

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Hellow & welcome
I also applied in same category & waiting last3months,
Had fingerprints since no updates from HO.
R u receiving monthly emails regardless your application???
I didn't receive any email since I applied.&did u
Check ur online application status???
What it says???
SALSABEEL

Bee2017
Newly Registered

Post by Bee2017 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello salsabeel,
I applied on the 8th of march and I did my biometrics two weeks after. Been receiving emails on the 15th of every month and when I checked the status online it says application has been considered and awaiting a decision. Its really frustrating because I have been given a place to study nursing in September and they are asking for proof of my status. I pray it comes before then. Also my mum is very sick and I really need to go and see her. I'm not really happy at this point. The wait is killing...... :cry:

Hullu6
Newly Registered

Post by Hullu6 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

Hi all,
I am going to submit my application in August as refugee dependant. I was wondering if you could give me advice on wheather to renew my national passport or give it without renewing? (I came under family reunion visa)

Also once application has been submitted am I allowed to work and study? If so what document will be able to show as proof?

Thanks in advance!

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 am

Bee2017 wrote:Hello salsabeel,
I applied on the 8th of march and I did my biometrics two weeks after. Been receiving emails on the 15th of every month and when I checked the status online it says application has been considered and awaiting a decision. Its really frustrating because I have been given a place to study nursing in September and they are asking for proof of my status. I pray it comes before then. Also my mum is very sick and I really need to go and see her. I'm not really happy at this point. The wait is killing...... :cry:
hi
you will hear sooner ,if they dont get back to u till august,further u can send a letter explaining that u got a place to study for nursing and also as a proof send copy of ur college acceptence/any form/letter to homeoffice.
hope,they will understand .
best of luck.
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 am

Hullu6 wrote:Hi all,
I am going to submit my application in August as refugee dependant. I was wondering if you could give me advice on wheather to renew my national passport or give it without renewing? (I came under family reunion visa)

Also once application has been submitted am I allowed to work and study? If so what document will be able to show as proof?

Thanks in advance!
hellow and welcome
i submitted my application as main applicant with expiry passport and they accepted it.After 2days got biomatric letter and a seperate letter for permission to work.i always show these dacuments.
.best of luck.
SALSABEEL

Hullu6
Newly Registered

Post by Hullu6 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Hullu6 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
hellow and welcome
i submitted my application as main applicant with expiry passport and they accepted it.After 2days got biomatric letter and a seperate letter for permission to work.i always show these dacuments.
.best of luck.
Thanks salsabeel

MrH123
Newly Registered

Post by MrH123 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm very pleased to have found this very helpful forum. Many thanks to everyone contributing to it.
My timeline is as follows:
I applied for ILR on 20 March 2017 and Biometrics enrollment was done a few days later.
I've been receiving email monthly email on 28th
Decision: NOT YET

I've got a question for those who have recently got ILR. I know that ILR can't be backdated but do you get a letter from your caseworker stating that you were free from immigration control on the day your previous limited leave to remain was expired?

Thanks

refugee2017
Newly Registered

Post by refugee2017 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:07 pm

MrH123 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm very pleased to have found this very helpful forum. Many thanks to everyone contributing to it.
I applied for ILR on 20 March 2017 and Biometrics enrollment was done a few days later.

I've got a question for those who have recently got ILR. I know that ILR can't be backdated but do you get a letter from your caseworker stating that you were free from immigration control on the day your previous limited leave to remain was expired?

Thanks
Hi, as per my knowledge and understanding, case workers do not provide such letters with ILR. Furthermore, even with ILR 'one' is not free from immigration control, still remain subject to immigration control, still when travel out of UK and come back you have to go on counter same as other visa holders and to satisfy immigration officer before he/she allows you to enter UK.

You become free from immigration control after getting citizenship/passport. But the way things are going even citizenship may not be enough as HO after 2014 have now power to revoke citizenship, if they believe or have reason that you are bad for 'Public good'.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:36 pm

refugee2017 wrote:
MrH123 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Hi, as per my knowledge and understanding, case workers do not provide such letters with ILR. Furthermore, even with ILR 'one' is not free from immigration control, still remain subject to immigration control, still when travel out of UK and come back you have to go on counter same as other visa holders and to satisfy immigration officer before he/she allows you to enter UK.

You become free from immigration control after getting citizenship/passport. But the way things are going even citizenship may not be enough as HO after 2014 have now power to revoke citizenship, if they believe or have reason that you are bad for 'Public good'.
Nonsense. ILR is free from immigration time restrictions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

refugee2017
Newly Registered

Post by refugee2017 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks[/quote]

You become free from immigration control after getting citizenship/passport. But the way things are going even citizenship may not be enough as HO after 2014 have now power to revoke citizenship, if they believe or have reason that you are bad for 'Public good'.[/quote]

Nonsense. ILR is free from immigration time restrictions.[/quote]

Would you like to tell, who you are? and do you have any etiquette's to talk to someone? They way you have replied, you seem up down, right left non-sense..... Do you have ILR??
If you remain from 2 years continuous outside from UK, it lapse then how it is completely free from immigration time restrictions? Moreover, can you enter UK without checking your finger prints and without satisfying immigration officer? A person with ILR is NOT free from immigration control, how many times they stop people on their return and even have revoke ILR due to different reasons.

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Hey Refugee2017.

I agree with you completely, there will be no Letter that says you are free from immigration when you receive the ILR, I just got mine mid-June.

ILR is a visa and you are subject to immigration check upon arrival in the UK and it will be checked. Also, if you stay out of the country more than 2 years it will be revoked.

MrH123
Newly Registered

Post by MrH123 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks for confirming that no letter will be sent although I had wished for a different answer :)

I think you went a bit too far in interpreting the meaning of "free from immigration control" by which I meant that there are no restrictions in terms time, work, access to public funds/loans etc. Obviously, ILR does offer you all of that but it does NOT mean British citizenship so ILR holders still need to queue under non-UK nationalities and should adhere to common sense-certain conditions (good Character, don't leave for more than 2 years, etc).

Best wishes for all.

jes23
Newly Registered

Post by jes23 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:16 am

Dear all,

I have received ILR letter and all documents of me and my dependants after nearly 6 months(last week of the 6th month) on monday July 3rd and BRP card on July 4th 2017.

i have been visiting this forum for 6 months and this is great platform to share/understand/endure.

Application posted on Jan 4th 2017
Home office acknowledgement letter on jan 10th 2017
Biometric letter jan 14th 2017
Biometric submitted - 16th Jan 2017
Email received of the 10th of every month until last one on June 12th 2017(10th was saturday)
Confirmation letter of ILR received on July 3rd 2017
BRP received on July 4th 2017

Expiry date of BRP is 30-06-2024, meanwhile Settlement ILR stated on the card.

Hope it helps you guys.
Wish you all the best,
thank you

Hullu6
Newly Registered

Post by Hullu6 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:43 am

jes23 wrote:Dear all,

I have received ILR letter and all documents of me and my dependants after nearly 6 months(last week of the 6th month) on monday July 3rd and BRP card on July 4th 2017.

i have been visiting this forum for 6 months and this is great platform to share/understand/endure.

Email received of the 10th of every month until last one on June 12th 2017(10th was saturday)

Hope it helps you guys.
Wish you all the best,
thank you

Hi jes23,

Congratulations to you and your dependants! It is very encouraging to hear good news, very happy for you.
Just a quick question, did your dependants get ilr as a stamp on their passport or other form of document?

Thanks

MrH123
Newly Registered

Post by MrH123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:25 am

Many congratulations Js23. Great news indeed.
A quick question please. Does the existence of dependants increase the processing time or is it mainly the nationality?

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:35 am

Hope it helps you guys.
Wish you all the best,
thank you
Hi jes 23
Very pleased to read,congrats to all of u,
Enjoy ur freedom.
Best wishes for ur next step.
SALSABEEL

Kind2Me
Newly Registered

Post by Kind2Me » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi All,
I'm new to this site, first very good luck to those who are waiting for a decisions and congrates for all who got granted their applications.

Now I'm looking forward to make my ILR application on the end of September/17. the question is that do i need pre-arrange any supporting docs to help my app ? pls let me know anyone got an idea.

this is my simple history here in the UK.
this is my 8th year living in this country. graduated in a university and completed my post graduate diploma as well.

after granting my limited leave as a refugee i worked hard and started my own business and now i am a owner of 2 business in this country. i have also recently got an unconditional offer to do a top-up 1 year MBA program in a university starting from October/17.

appreciated if anyone could help me :?

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:58 am

Hello everyone. Here is my timeline:

HO received my application: 24/01/2017
Biometric enrollment: 06/02/2017
Received automatic emails every month
Approval letter: 01/07/2017
BRP: not yet! Waiting

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 am

Hi northern boy
Congrats & very very good news actually
During this hard time.enjoye ur life,& pray for all of us
.best wishes for ur naturalisation route .
SALSABEEL

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:23 am

Hi again. I can not read any private message bcoz of website limits for the new members. Please write here if there is anything. Regards

waisaman
Newly Registered

Post by waisaman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Northernboy122 wrote:Hi again. I can not read any private message bcoz of website limits for the new members. Please write here if there is anything. Regards
Dear Nothernboy, congratulations for your ilr, did your online application status says decided or it's still on awaiting decision many thanks.

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks. Decided.

refugee2017
Newly Registered

Post by refugee2017 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Northernboy122 wrote:Hello everyone. Here is my timeline:

HO received my application: 24/01/2017
Biometric enrollment: 06/02/2017
Received automatic emails every month
Approval letter: 01/07/2017
BRP: not yet! Waiting
Hi Northernboy

Congratulations for ILR and for ending of long waiting period. I hope this will bring stability, peace and happiness in your life. Very best wishes for your future :).

Just a small question, how many days before 01-Jul-2017 (the date you received approval letter) your online status has changed from 'awaiting decision' to 'decided'? Also you had any dependents in your ILR application?

Regards

jes23
Newly Registered

Post by jes23 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:05 am

Hullu6 wrote:

Hope it helps you guys.
Wish you all the best,
thank you

Hi jes23,

Congratulations to you and your dependants! It is very encouraging to hear good news, very happy for you.
Just a quick question, did your dependants get ilr as a stamp on their passport or other form of document?

Thanks

Hello to you,
ILR is provided to all of us just as BRP card. STAMP or Sticker is no longer provided. Once you travel abroad with travel doc or national passport, once you come back ,you must show your BRP card along side your passport at the UK Border.