ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic Dispute

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sunny912
Newly Registered

Domestic Dispute

Post by Sunny912 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:54 am

Hi

Please can i get an advice on,if someone is on SET(M) Spouse Visa more than 3 years and case is in HO for further extension. In the mean time have disputes with spouse and things aren't getting towards amicable solution and have a child as well.

what would be the result? and secondly while on spouse visa working on a well paid job. In case situation get more worse??

Many thanks for advise appreciate it.

Casa

Re: Domestic Dispute

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 am

Sunny912 wrote:Hi

Please can i get an advice on,if someone is on SET(M) Spouse Visa more than 3 years and case is in HO for further extension. In the mean time have disputes with spouse and things aren't getting towards amicable solution and have a child as well.

what would be the result? and secondly while on spouse visa working on a well paid job. In case situation get more worse??

Many thanks for advise appreciate it.
What visa is held at the moment. It can't be SET(M) as this is issued when someone is granted settled status (ILR).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sunny912
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny912 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

Sorry currently on Spouse Civil partner Visa which has expired already, and applied for SET(M) ILR and still in progress with HO.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:02 pm

How long has the spouse Ben in the UK in a spouse visa?

If ILR is granted then spouse is free from needing to be sponsored.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sunny912
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny912 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi

No ILR hasn't been granted yet as case in progress.

Spouse been in UK 3 years and 8 months.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:49 pm

She doesn't qualify for ILR then. She needs 5 years residence on spouse visa. What was her previous immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sunny912
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny912 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 am

My question was whatever someone qualify for FLR or ILR but the case is in progress with HO. In the meantime terms get worse with sponsoring partner and don't want to support the in-progress application what will be the outcome and any suggestions for alternatives please??

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 am

They wont qualify then and w9nt be granted a visa/

There is a specific form the settled spouse needs to complete to I form HO the relationship is no longer subsisting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)