ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to re-enter UK to activate my new visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

1arkady
Newly Registered
China

Do I need to re-enter UK to activate my new visa?

Post by 1arkady » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 am

Hi,

I have been a postgraduate student in the UK since September 2016, and my visa expires in January 2018.
As now I have applied another tier 4 visa and successfully obtained it, do I need to re-enter the UK border to activate my new visa?
My new student visa is applied outside of the UK, and it starts from September 19 2017.

I got my new visa in July 2017, and entered UK in August, and I am now living in the UK again for my study for the previous university.

So I am wondering do I need to leave the UK before the new visa's Vignette's start date and re-enter the UK during that dates?

Or can I just collect my new BRP when it's ready?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need to re-enter UK to activate my new visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 am

If your new student visa only starts in September, then yes you likely have to reenter.

How were you stamped in when you returned to the UK now, only your old visa or new visa or visitor status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

1arkady
Newly Registered
China

Re: Do I need to re-enter UK to activate my new visa?

Post by 1arkady » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 am
If your new student visa only starts in September, then yes you likely have to reenter.

How were you stamped in when you returned to the UK now, only your old visa or new visa or visitor status?
I have stamped on my old visa when I returned to the UK in August.

Thank you for you reply!