ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

segunsosanya
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by segunsosanya » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:04 pm

100kg wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:21 pm
use case id with out the 0.
arslan1510 wrote:Its showing reference number not found.

I tried,

Case reference number.
Payment reference number.
IHS number.
Royal Mail tracking number.

What should i enter now?
please have you been able to track your application ?

Ali khan123
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Ali khan123 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 am

any one who applied in 2015 got any update mine is stuck on 25th may ...

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am

Ali khan123 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 am
2015? Shouldn't you call HO and ask what is going on? You are well pass 6 months HO reserves for the application review.

Ido
Newly Registered

Post by Ido » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:13 am

Ido wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 pm
Ido wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am
For anyone still waiting. I applied on 28 April 2017 via ncs. Due to late Friday appointment and bank holiday my application got to H/O on 4th May. Got decided online status on 18th August. Said application decided and posted on 15th aug. Decided exactly 3 months after biometrics. Haven't got letter yet.
Small update. My daughter's passport just landed on my doormat this morning. No text saying it was being printed and no certificate of naturalisation yet. I still also haven't got my approval letter or any letter from home office or local council regarding my own application yet it was joint application. Home office works in mysterious ways.😀
I finally got my approval letter in the post on Saturday and booked my citizenship ceremony for Tuesday next week. My daughter's certificate will be handed over then. Good luck to everyone waiting for decisions. Keep the faith.

mwk

Post by mwk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello everyone.

I Sent my documents to home office on the 17/02/17 for my Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) application. The first automated email from home office was received on the 17 March 2017 which mentioned that "Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case ..." after that i received automated email every month. I have tried home office online tracking process to find something about my application but none of the Ref no. is working incl Royal mail tracking number.

Just need to know if someone can help me understand that if my six months period starts from the day documents are received by the home office (in my case it was received by 20/02/17) or it will start from the day i received an automated email which was 17 March 2017 ?

Any help would be great.

Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:26 pm

mwk wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm
Hello everyone.

I Sent my documents to home office on the 17/02/17 for my Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) application. The first automated email from home office was received on the 17 March 2017 which mentioned that "Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case ..." after that i received automated email every month. I have tried home office online tracking process to find something about my application but none of the Ref no. is working incl Royal mail tracking number.

Just need to know if someone can help me understand that if my six months period starts from the day documents are received by the home office (in my case it was received by 20/02/17) or it will start from the day i received an automated email which was 17 March 2017 ?

Any help would be great.

Thank You
This topic is for checking status of British Citizenship applications. Kindly post your questions in the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mwk

Post by mwk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:26 pm
mwk wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm
Hello everyone.

Any help would be great.

Thank You
This topic is for checking status of British Citizenship applications. Kindly post your questions in the ILR sub forum.
Hi there,

Thanks for the help, let me paste my query there.

Thank You

kongsiew
Newly Registered

Post by kongsiew » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 pm

I am still waiting my decision letter from home office.

Check online on 16/08/17
Update on line on 10/5/17 " Decided "
Rang to home office 16/08/17
Emailed to home office 23/08/17
No any respond.
Any one has same experience ?

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:08 pm

kongsiew wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 pm
I am still waiting my decision letter from home office.

Check online on 16/08/17
Update on line on 10/5/17 " Decided "
Rang to home office 16/08/17
Emailed to home office 23/08/17
No any respond.
Any one has same experience ?
Did you try enquire in your loca council?

kongsiew
Newly Registered

Post by kongsiew » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Yes I did twice.
First time they said I can't check within 6 months and second time they tried to book ceremony for me but the system can't access because the submission over 6 months and they asked me to contact home office reissue the decision letter.

rajpai
Newly Registered

Post by rajpai » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi ,

I checked my naturalization status changed online to 'Decided' on Aug 13th 2017 but haven' t received any approval /decision letter from Home Office. It is over 10 working days now. Is anybody else experiencing this with 'Decided' status on around same date? I checked the HO site and found a number 0300 123 2253 , will try that tomorrow. Meanwhile if anybody is experienced similar delay and managed to resolve the issue, would be great if you can share.

Date of application: 19.04.17
Date of acknowledgement: 05.05.17 via post/email
Biometrics done: 12.05.17
Online Status: DECIDED on 13.08.17
Date of approval letter: waiting.. 12th working day as of today

Raj
:(
Last edited by rajpai on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajpai
Newly Registered

Post by rajpai » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 pm

kongsiew wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:48 pm
Yes I did twice.
First time they said I can't check within 6 months and second time they tried to book ceremony for me but the system can't access because the submission over 6 months and they asked me to contact home office reissue the decision letter.
I seem to be in a similar situation, planning to call HO tomorrow on 0300 123 2253 , also have dropped an query on id: nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk , received an automated response with several links to online checks so not sure if they will respond separately. I will post an update what goes on with my call. If you make any progress would be great to know as well. Good luck.

Ali khan123
Newly Registered

Post by Ali khan123 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:01 am

mahasam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am
Ali khan123 wrote:
2015? Shouldn't you call HO and ask what is going on? You are well pass 6 months HO reserves for the application review.
i send them lots of emails called them many time all i heard from them your case is under process keep waiting i dont what to do :oops:

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 am

Ali khan123 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:01 am
mahasam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am
Ali khan123 wrote:
i send them lots of emails called them many time all i heard from them your case is under process keep waiting i dont what to do :oops:
Someone here recommended to contact your local MP, that should speed things up. Besides, after 6 months they probably need to give you a good reason why the application review takes longer than anticipated/outlined by the guidelines.

rajpai
Newly Registered

Post by rajpai » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am

rajpai wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:46 pm
Hi ,

I checked my naturalization status changed online to 'Decided' on Aug 13th 2017 but haven' t received any approval /decision letter from Home Office. It is over 10 working days now. Is anybody else experiencing this with 'Decided' status on around same date? I checked the HO site and found a number 0300 123 2253 , will try that tomorrow. Meanwhile if anybody is experienced similar delay and managed to resolve the issue, would be great if you can share.

Date of application: 19.04.17
Date of acknowledgement: 05.05.17 via post/email
Biometrics done: 12.05.17
Online Status: DECIDED on 13.08.17
Date of approval letter: waiting.. 12th working day as of today

Raj
:(

A quick update on this one. I called the number 0300 123 2253 today and they told them that online status was Decided on 13th Aug and I have still not received the letter. She took my case id and confirmed that the case was decided on Aug 14th and posted. So I should have received it by now. This means either it is lost or misplaced during delivery. She also mentioned that it would be a signed for delivery so likely I missed it ( but did not see any note from Royal Mail on this in my letter box) . So now she has created an escalation case for me and given me a reference number. A case worked will call me in 2-3 days.
So now waiting for that. Good thing is now it seems a matter or getting the letter reissued/ what ever mechanism case worker suggests. The number 0300 123 2253 definitely worked for me.

I will now post my updates on a separate thread that is open regarding the delays, rather than here to avoid digressing from the original topic of this post.

kongsiew
Newly Registered

Post by kongsiew » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks for your update

kongsiew
Newly Registered

Post by kongsiew » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:03 pm

It should be sent by royal mail second class normal post

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:15 pm

What reference is needed ? I was given a JCAP Ref when I applied for my son - Can that be used to check the application online or not ? Thank You

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm

rajpai wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am
She also mentioned that it would be a signed for delivery so likely I missed it ( but did not see any note from Royal Mail on this in my letter box) . So now she has created an escalation case for me and given me a reference number. A case worked will call me in 2-3 days.
I hope you get your answer soon, but I would like to say that my decision letter came by second class post and I have never heard of anyone receiving it by signed delivery. I suspect that whomever you spoke to on the phone was from a third party firm hired by the Home Office to handle calls and was not someone who actually knows that much about Home Office procedure. There have been other cases of people on this forum getting incorrect advice from so-called Home Office helplines.

I'm not saying this to cast doubt on whether or not you'll receive your decision letter soon (you probably will), but to say that if you're feeling confused by what the agent over the phone said about signed delivery, it's probably because the person on the phone was wrong. I doubt very much that you missed anything in the post, and that it's simply a matter of the Home Office mailroom being inefficient at sending letters out and/or the postal service in your area being particularly slow with the second class post.

rajpai
Newly Registered

Post by rajpai » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm
rajpai wrote:
She also mentioned that it would be a signed for delivery so likely I missed it ( but did not see any note from Royal Mail on this in my letter box) . So now she has created an escalation case for me and given me a reference number. A case worked will call me in 2-3 days.
I hope you get your answer soon, but I would like to say that my decision letter came by second class post and I have never heard of anyone receiving it by signed delivery. I suspect that whomever you spoke to on the phone was from a third party firm hired by the Home Office to handle calls and was not someone who actually knows that much about Home Office procedure. There have been other cases of people on this forum getting incorrect advice from so-called Home Office helplines.

I'm not saying this to cast doubt on whether or not you'll receive your decision letter soon (you probably will), but to say that if you're feeling confused by what the agent over the phone said about signed delivery, it's probably because the person on the phone was wrong. I doubt very much that you missed anything in the post, and that it's simply a matter of the Home Office mailroom being inefficient at sending letters out and/or the postal service in your area being particularly slow with the second class post.

Dear Tea_Rocket , thanks for sharing your insight and it does tie in what I experienced today ( I did not post it here but on another thread: british-citizenship/requesting-decision ... 38334.html to avoid digressing). In summary I received an email today from id : UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk which clarified the decision was posted on Aug 29th "regular post" which I assumed is second class. So definitely as you suggested I have not missed it and will likely receive it hopefully tomorrow ( did not arrive today). The email response also mentioned that any further follow ups should be at FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Btw I had dropped a query to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk yesterday at 8:30 PM and had called up 0300 123 2253 today 9 AM , so one those follow ups have resulted in this email response today at around 11:45 AM - seemed quick enough either ways. I am now waiting for that second class mail to arrive. Thanks again for your response. Also I hope my clarification is helpful for rest in similar situation.

derek_in_oz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by derek_in_oz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:17 am

Sharing my experience since I applied during the time frame of the online status check coming into use.

- Mailed UK Citizenship application (UKM) in May 2017
- Received email confirmation of receipt of application on 1 June 2017 from UK Home Office Liverpool
- Also received biometric enrollment letter electronically 1 June 2017
- Biometric enrollment appointment completed on 7 June 2017
- Discovered this thread in mid-July 2017 and saw that my application had been marked as updated on 31 May 2017 (in line with the 1 June email I received above)
- Received email on 12 August from UK Home office requesting scan of another document, which was sent same day
- Online application status changed to DECIDED on 14 August 2017 - documentation to be received in 10 working days
- Received decision letter confirming approval for UK Citizenship on 31 August 2017 in Australia, just after the 10 working day (presume because of mail service)
- Need to wait up to another 3 months for the letter from the UK Consulate for my ceremony date.

Overall, very easy process and I was really pleased with the Online Status check which seemed to be very accurate.

kongsiew
Newly Registered

Post by kongsiew » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:04 am

cunny wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:20 pm
My case was also decided on 23 june 2017

But they send the decision letter to my old address.

I have sent e-mails to further nationalties i am still waiting for a reply.

I have rang the home office and there customer services are of no help.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.
Any updates news?

rajpai
Newly Registered

Post by rajpai » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 pm

rajpai wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 pm
Tea_Rocket wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm
rajpai wrote:

Dear Tea_Rocket , thanks for sharing your insight and it does tie in what I experienced today ( I did not post it here but on another thread: british-citizenship/requesting-decision ... 38334.html to avoid digressing). In summary I received an email today from id : UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk which clarified the decision was posted on Aug 29th "regular post" which I assumed is second class. So definitely as you suggested I have not missed it and will likely receive it hopefully tomorrow ( did not arrive today). The email response also mentioned that any further follow ups should be at FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Btw I had dropped a query to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk yesterday at 8:30 PM and had called up 0300 123 2253 today 9 AM , so one those follow ups have resulted in this email response today at around 11:45 AM - seemed quick enough either ways. I am now waiting for that second class mail to arrive. Thanks again for your response. Also I hope my clarification is helpful for rest in similar situation.
My final updates on this issue:

I received my approval/invitation letter today. The letter was dated 21 Aug 2017. It was 'Decided' online status on Aug 13th, posted on 29th Aug and I received it on 1 Sep. bit delayed on all fronts but finally got it. Calling up my council also had some surprises, they were not able to track my certificate based on the references (Our ref and Poll Num) in the HO invitation letter. They were looking for some HO ref that is supposed to start with my Initial R which was no where on the letter also my council does not take private booking on calls. So I hung up , drafted a mail with all known references and sent a private booking request to the email id provided. Mean while I also sent a note to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking for the HO ref number as my council was expecting. In the mean time I got a call back from council this time it was from a different department I guess and she ready asked me which date I want for my private booking per my email. I then double checked if she could track my certificate and she confirmed yes and also read back my case ID number.
So appears first time when I called the council number for booking ceremony it went to some one who is not very conversant with the process. Long story short I am now set for a private ceremony early next week. Will go for passport immediately after that. Good luck rest who are awaiting their letters. Hope these details are useful.

ZeeO
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ZeeO » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:33 pm

johnkk wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:36 pm
I received the caseID via email just yesterday. The tracking site shows "Reference number not recognised". It's probably too early - do you know how often is this service updated?
Hi, mine is the same and I submitted mine march 24th 2017, I just spoke to someone in the home office to ask why mine case ID is not recognised, he gave an excuse that some numbers are no in the system yet depending on their application.

If I may ask, what's your application for? Mine is for settlement ILR through 10 years legal stay in the UK.

soubaner
Newly Registered

Post by soubaner » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Has anyone whose status was updated to "Decided" in the week commencing 21 August , received their approval letter ?