ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit while having EEA RESIDENT CARD and now ILR in process

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Child benefit while having EEA RESIDENT CARD and now ILR in process

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 am

Dear senior,

I'm sure everyone knows my immigration history.

Just a summary
Eea pr refused in Jan 2017, and during the appeal made fresh application of Ilr lr.

Question :
When i had eea resident card i applied for child benefit which they approve and my solicitor said u can claim child benefits no problem.

Now my case is still in process do u think will it effect my ilr lr application? Or should i talk CB department and let them know.?

Please advise?
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: Child benefit while having EEA RESIDENT CARD and now ILR in process

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Dear Seniors

Please advise if my ILR LR will be refused if I am claiming child benefits? Because i claimed these when I had eea2.

Please advise if anyone can help me with this question.

Regards
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello Seniors (Casa, Vinny, CR001 or anyone)

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Yes if you had no entitlement to Public Funds.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:11 am

Dear Casa

Thank you for the reply.

Is it going to be fine? My 5 year eea resident card never mentioned that i am not entitled to public funds. Also in the rejection letter of my eea pr UKVI never criticised about Child benefits.

I was FM of EEA national.

Please can you advise?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 am

Your EEA sponsor should have claimed CB in their name only.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 am

But EEA sponsor is my dad who is spanish citizen and HMRC said he can't claim as grand father of the child.

HMRC stated that i can claim on my name.

EEA SPONSOR
My dad spanish citizen

I am NON EEA FM

and

My wife is EFM.

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Any qualifying family member can claim child benefit as long as part of the same household.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aliyahtheone
Newly Registered
Turkmenistan

Post by Aliyahtheone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 pm
Yes if you had no entitlement to Public Funds.
No is not cos EEA family member have the same rights as EEA national so non EEA family member had all rights to claim