ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alanakudz
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Alanakudz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm

VikaVictoria wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 am
Btw, in my city, it says that most applications are processed within 15 days. At the Visa Centre I was told that it usually takes 15-20 business days (today is, in fact, the 34th business day since the application was submitted).
Hi Victoria, did you get your visa ?

I also applied from Russia, on the 1st of June... still no news

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 pm

104 working days and no answer. Still waiting.....God knows for how long :cry:

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 am

Where they regularly updating processing times on their website prior to brexit? They havent updated guide times since may 2017. Is this intentional as they are delaying or was this always the case?

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 am

europehelpme wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 am
Where they regularly updating processing times on their website prior to brexit? They havent updated guide times since may 2017. Is this intentional as they are delaying or was this always the case?
The latest info is also for May (Madrid) and I've just noticed that while before the maximum wait was 60 days (just 2% of cases), they've now changed the table and suddenly the maximum is 120 days!!! So the previous figures were blatant lies or what? It's completely outrageous. Will definitely be complaining to the Home Office

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am

Hello all

I am tired of escalating and complaining to MP and SOLVIT. I had reply from SOLVIT and it was from Germany SOLVIT as my wife is German. They have agreed to raise our case to the UK SOLVIT team and they will deal with it. I don't think they can do much in regards to speeding up the process.

My MP also wrote to UKVI and they haven't replied to her yet.

The complaint I have wrote to UKVI has come back
With reply. Basically they mentioned that they can take as much time as they like and I don't have any special ground on which my visa application can be fast tracked.

It's been 122 working days since I have applied. I have escalated twice after completing 90 working days for Mumbai based application. Still no outcome.

Its been so long that I have even forgotten that I have applied for the EEA family permit.

I will definitely be taking UKVI to ombudsman once I get my visa.

Please contact me if any one else want to sue them collectively.

Best wishes to all

Irfan

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 am

Hi Irfan,

Its 117 working days today for me so I am really hoping something happens before 120 days mark.
I applied on 3rd April and biometrics was same day, 117 is exact working days calculated via google search working days calculator.

Applied from Mumbai as well.

Good Luck

Sid.

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:52 am

Bollox wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am
Hello all

I am tired of escalating and complaining to MP and SOLVIT. I had reply from SOLVIT and it was from Germany SOLVIT as my wife is German. They have agreed to raise our case to the UK SOLVIT team and they will deal with it. I don't think they can do much in regards to speeding up the process.

With reply. Basically they mentioned that they can take as much time as they like and I don't have any special ground on which my visa application can be fast tracked.

It's been 122 working days since I have applied. I have escalated twice after completing 90 working days for Mumbai based application. Still no outcome.

Its been so long that I have even forgotten that I have applied for the EEA family permit.

Best wishes to all

Irfan
Hi Irfan,

When you complained to the UKVI yourself, did you write to a "special" address or was it the normal paid address that doesn't actually reach the UKVI (rather their useless call centre)?

Best

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Yogitea wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm
agnieszka1509 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:28 pm
Hi guys,

The more I read this thread the more frustrated I feel.
As many of you, me and my husband are in similar situation. He applied from Rabat/Morocco on 5th f June 2017 and the only information we received from them was "not straightforward" email on 28th of June 2017.

On the day of application gov website said processing times for Rabat are 90 working days max, but to our surprise they have changed it recently to 60 working days. I can only hope they started moving forward with processing all applications.
We escalated our case on Monday I do hope it will help.

Stay patient,

Agnieszka
Hi Agnieszka,

I hope you are well... Exactly same situation. I think it is all linked with current brexit issue because last year it was so quick to get your visa done but this year it is just a nightmare.

Did you receive any update ?

Keep in touch

All the best
Hello Yogitea,

I have received answer after 4 days saying they can escalate for me if my waiting period is greater then processing times stated on gov website. I got also link to check it and guess what? surprise surprise !!! they changed it to 90 days again :cry: This is just insane. We have to wait another 4 weeks before we can properly escalate.

What is your timeline? Where did you/your spouse applied from?

All the best,

Agnieszka

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi irfan,

Almost same timeline as you my husband applied from delhi April 11. I already complained to ombudsmen and will ask for compensataion after visa but nothing helps to make it faster. Honestly I m surprised that no complains works for them I tried everything don't know when will see the passport again. We are just stuck here loosing so much time and money..

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi All,

Best Wishes for everyone who waiting.

i think i am the top waiting today exactly 137 working days more than 5 months.

But i heard that now ukvi start making decisions. Everyone get it soon i think.

good luck to everyone wish me good luck.
never loss hope.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 am
Hi Irfan,

Its 117 working days today for me so I am really hoping something happens before 120 days mark.
I applied on 3rd April and biometrics was same day, 117 is exact working days calculated via google search working days calculator.

Applied from Mumbai as well.

Good Luck

Sid.
Thanks Sid

Yes I forgot to take out summer bank holidays which will be 5 days. So you are right. It is 117 working days.

Hopefully 120 days will trigger the alarm and we get our decisions.

Regards

Irfan

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Willyboy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:52 am
Bollox wrote:
Hello all

Best wishes to all

Irfan
Hi Irfan,

When you complained to the UKVI yourself, did you write to a "special" address or was it the normal paid address that doesn't actually reach the UKVI (rather their useless call centre)?

Best
Hello mate

I used this option

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... o-complain

Emailed on this address - complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Got a reply after almost a month.

Regards

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm

baig5035 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:40 pm
Hi All,

Best Wishes for everyone who waiting.

i think i am the top waiting today exactly 137 working days more than 5 months.

But i heard that now ukvi start making decisions. Everyone get it soon i think.

good luck to everyone wish me good luck.
never loss hope.
Hi baig5035,

You found out about this info by calling them?

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:15 am

Hi All,

Yes i ring them to UKVI yesterday and they said like that what is the reality whats going inside there i dont know just rely on them and waiting nothing more.

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

Bollox wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Willyboy wrote:
Bollox wrote:
Hello all

Best wishes to all

Irfan
Hi Irfan,

Best
Hello mate

I used this option

Regards

Hello Dear,

After month what they replied to you? what update did you get it from them regard your application anything helpful.

Because my solicitor sent email on this address 2 week ago nothing received till date...just waiting for the reply.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:39 am

baig5035 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am
Bollox wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Willyboy wrote:
Bollox wrote:
Hello all

Best wishes to all

Irfan
Hi Irfan,

Best
Hello mate

I used this option

Regards

Hello Dear,

After month what they replied to you? what update did you get it from them regard your application anything helpful.

Because my solicitor sent email on this address 2 week ago nothing received till date...just waiting for the reply.
Hello

read the thread above. I have meintioed what they have replied.

Regards

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am

The processing guide timeframe on the home office site outlines in May 100% of applicants were processed within 30 working days in my city.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

It appears alot of people here have been waiting 100+ days. For those of you who have been waiting 100+ days, did you apply in cities which have guide timeframes of 90 and 120 days? Or have some of you been waiting 100+ days even in the cities which have a 30 day timeframe?

I hope this is not the case...

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 am

europehelpme wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am
The processing guide timeframe on the home office site outlines in May 100% of applicants were processed within 30 working days in my city.

It appears alot of people here have been waiting 100+ days. For those of you who have been waiting 100+ days, did you apply in cities which have guide timeframes of 90 and 120 days? Or have some of you been waiting 100+ days even in the cities which have a 30 day timeframe?

Just forget what it says on UKVI website, even if it says 5 working days and when you call them up telling the fact it states only 5 working days, they do have a reason - "that was for May 2017".

Basically, the only thing requires at this stage is - WAITING!

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:53 am

My wife is a uk permenant resident. Is it possible if I request my passport back and apply under UK route or is it too late? I am happy to pay the increased fee and accept its only for 2.5 years

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 am

Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 am
europehelpme wrote:

Just forget what it says on UKVI website, even if it says 5 working days and when you call them up telling the fact it states only 5 working days, they do have a reason - "that was for May 2017".

I understand this but it would still be helpful to know if those that are waiting 100+ days if they are from cities which had higher processing times in May.

I applied in a city which outlined 100% were processed in 30 days in May 2017. If others who have applied in cities with shorter processing times (15 days/30 days) have waited 100+ days I am just going to request my passport to be sent back.

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am

europehelpme wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 am
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
europehelpme wrote:

I understand this but it would still be helpful to know if those that are waiting 100+ days if they are from cities which had higher processing times in May.

I applied in a city which outlined 100% were processed in 30 days in May 2017. If others who have applied in cities with shorter processing times (15 days/30 days) have waited 100+ days I am just going to request my passport to be sent back.

Hi,

I applied from Dusseldorf in June, processing times for May were 98% in 15 days / 98% in 30 days / 100% in 60 days. Our application took 35 working days (but with an escalation and a LOT of pressure from MP, Solvit etc. as my husband's Schengen Visa had expired)
I know someone else who also applied from Dusseldorf and still didn't have any Visa after the 60 working days had passed, so I guess you just can't tell. It's so frustrating.

Good luck!
T

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm

TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am
europehelpme wrote:
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
europehelpme wrote:

Hi,

I applied from Dusseldorf in June, processing times for May were 98% in 15 days / 98% in 30 days / 100% in 60 days. Our application took 35 working days (but with an escalation and a LOT of pressure from MP, Solvit etc. as my husband's Schengen Visa had expired)
I know someone else who also applied from Dusseldorf and still didn't have any Visa after the 60 working days had passed, so I guess you just can't tell. It's so frustrating.

Good luck!
T
Precisely, if you dont have a decent reason, there is no way to be granted a visa.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm

europehelpme wrote:
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
europehelpme wrote:

Mate, no one can tell anything. Few applications are being reviewed right on time or maybe little later by the UKVI but majority application still under "consideration" - as per them, when I called them.

If you are lucky, you will get a news after the processing time ends, if no - you ought to just wait.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm
europehelpme wrote:

Mate, no one can tell anything. Few applications are being reviewed right on time or maybe little later by the UKVI but majority application still under "consideration" - as per them, when I called them.

If you are lucky, you will get a news after the processing time ends, if no - you ought to just wait.
No point getting into a debate with user 'europehelpme' also known on the forum as 'confusedandsad'. He doesn't always take advice even though he demands answers. He was given extensive advice (6 pages worth and 113 replies) on his options as user 'confusedandsad' of applying within the UK and outside the UK, including possible delays and still chose to leave the UK to apply thinking it will be quicker.

eea-route-applications/eea-spouse-visa- ... l#p1510505

eea-route-applications/status-of-applic ... l#p1527024
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:09 pm

hi irfan,

i have the time period like you nothing received yet only waiting. I would like to ask you any reply from SOLVIT? Did they help you ?