ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student letters for proof of residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samsindo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Applying for an ILR without an expired BRP

Post by samsindo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi all,

I am about to finish my 10 years stay in the UK on the end of November 2017. During the past ten years, I have been in the UK on:
1- Student dependent visa Nov 2007 - Jan 2011 (visa attached to passport)
2- student dependent BRP Jan 2011 - Dec 2011 (lost)
3- Tier 4 student visa Aug 2011 - Dec 2013 (visa attached to passport)
4- Tier 4 BRP Jul 2013 - Dec 2017 (available)

All of the above documents are available and will be submitted with my application, except number 2. I have only realised this month that I lost my student dependent BRP card, I. e. I lost it a long time after it was expired. However, I still keep coloured photocopies of it and still keep the original letter which the BRP card was attached to, when I first received it in Jan 2011.

I have all the other document that I may need including my previous and current passports showing all travel stamps and confirming my presence in the UK for the past 10 years. I also have confirmation of study letters from my institutions confirming that I was a full-time student for the past 10 years (high school, undergraduate and PhD), and other bills and medical evidence also confirming my presence in the UK for the past 10 years.

My question is, is the fact that I can not provide the expired BRP card from 2011 going to cause any problems in my ILR appointment?
I am also wondering whether I was actually supposed to destroy the card after it was expired?

I very appreciate your help

peacefultraveller

Re: Applying for an ILR without an expired BRP

Post by peacefultraveller » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:29 pm

samsindo wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:18 pm
Hi all,

I am about to finish my 10 years stay in the UK on the end of November 2017. During the past ten years, I have been in the UK on:
1- Student dependent visa Nov 2007 - Jan 2011 (visa attached to passport)
2- student dependent BRP Jan 2011 - Dec 2011 (lost)
3- Tier 4 student visa Aug 2011 - Dec 2013 (visa attached to passport)
4- Tier 4 BRP Jul 2013 - Dec 2017 (available)

All of the above documents are available and will be submitted with my application, except number 2. I have only realised this month that I lost my student dependent BRP card, I. e. I lost it a long time after it was expired. However, I still keep coloured photocopies of it and still keep the original letter which the BRP card was attached to, when I first received it in Jan 2011.

I have all the other document that I may need including my previous and current passports showing all travel stamps and confirming my presence in the UK for the past 10 years. I also have confirmation of study letters from my institutions confirming that I was a full-time student for the past 10 years (high school, undergraduate and PhD), and other bills and medical evidence also confirming my presence in the UK for the past 10 years.

My question is, is the fact that I can not provide the expired BRP card from 2011 going to cause any problems in my ILR appointment?
I am also wondering whether I was actually supposed to destroy the card after it was expired?

I very appreciate your help

If you have the photocopy of it, then it shouldn't be of any problem.

in your cover letter you can mention that, and attach the copy, you can also provide a bank statement as added evidence for that time period to further confirm your stay.

goodluck

samsindo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Student letters for proof of residency

Post by samsindo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

Hi all,

I am about to submit an ILR application after having been a resident in the UK for almost 10 years. I obtained letters from my high school, undergraduate university and postgraduate university confirming that I attended their respective institutions as a full-time student for the periods Jan 2008 - Jun 2009, Sep 2009 - Jun 2013 and Sep 2013 - Sep 2017, respectively. I also have dated certificates from each institution showing that I completed my respective exams/degrees successfully.

My question is whether these three letters and three certificates are enough evidences that I can use during the ILR appointment to proof my 10 years long residency? In general, are degree certificates, confirmations of attendance for full-time students enough to prove residency.

I am also providing my expired and current passports that show all the stamps for my travels outside the UK during the past ten years.

Thanks a lot for your help

peacefultraveller

Re: Student letters for proof of residency

Post by peacefultraveller » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am

samsindo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am
Hi all,

I am about to submit an ILR application after having been a resident in the UK for almost 10 years. I obtained letters from my high school, undergraduate university and postgraduate university confirming that I attended their respective institutions as a full-time student for the periods Jan 2008 - Jun 2009, Sep 2009 - Jun 2013 and Sep 2013 - Sep 2017, respectively. I also have dated certificates from each institution showing that I completed my respective exams/degrees successfully.

My question is whether these three letters and three certificates are enough evidences that I can use during the ILR appointment to proof my 10 years long residency? In general, are degree certificates, confirmations of attendance for full-time students enough to prove residency.

I am also providing my expired and current passports that show all the stamps for my travels outside the UK during the past ten years.

Thanks a lot for your help
As mentioned above, along with these, bank statements should also cover for the time period of missing biometics/passports.

samsindo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Post by samsindo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply peacefultraveller.

Sorry for bothering you again. To make sure I understand your comment, do you mean that providing the passports and BRPs for the entire 10 years is normally sufficient enough to prove the long residence?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:24 pm

samsindo wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm
Thanks a lot for your reply peacefultraveller.

Sorry for bothering you again. To make sure I understand your comment, do you mean that providing the passports and BRPs for the entire 10 years is normally sufficient enough to prove the long residence?
Yes!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.