ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension Delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dismay
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Delay

Post by Dismay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Hello,

My husband’s Tier 2 Extension application was received by the Home Office on 03/07/17.
He submitted his biometrics a couple of weeks after.
He was then invited to an interview which was done over Skype at a VFS office on 13/09/17.
The only question they asked was whether he has done his IELTS (which he hasn’t).
We have since been waiting for a response. It is now the 16th week since applying. His company lawyers contacted the Home Office on 13/10/17 and received a generic email response about how a decision is yet to be made and they’re unable to provide any further information.

I’m finding the whole process very stressful, did not envisage it being so long winded.
Background: he meets all the requirements as far as I am aware wrt points based system. His salary is £36k+, his employer is an A rated sponsor, he has a Masters degree from a British university hence meeting the English requirements.
Should I be worried or is this just routine Home Office delays...

Is there anything more we can do or is it just a car of the waiting game?

Any advice or moral support would be appreciated!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Extension Delay

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 am

strange that they only asked 1 question.
delay is not uncommon.
possible reason for delay could be ukvi checking genuineness of vacancy and rlmt process.

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 am

Strange enough they asked about IELTS, applicant supposed already submitted during initial entry clearance and this is an extension.
did you miss anything from the checklist? Or is it same sponsor?

Dismay
Newly Registered

Post by Dismay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 am

The sponsor is the same.. and proof of his university transcript was provided at the time of his initial application. Being that this is an extension I’m surprised they’d question that.
Holding tight and hoping it’s just routine delays :roll:

Dismay
Newly Registered

Post by Dismay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 am

katanayi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 am
Strange enough they asked about IELTS, applicant supposed already submitted during initial entry clearance and this is an extension.
did you miss anything from the checklist? Or is it same sponsor?
These company lawyers process a lot of visa applications for the company so I’d be surprised if they had missed anything. One of my husbands colleagues applied for his extension at the same time and his was back within 8-10 weeks.

Dismay
Newly Registered

Post by Dismay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 am

Being that I am a UK national, if the extension was refused we would probably have to apply for a spouse visa. Does anyone know how that would work, ie. transferring from a Tier 2 to a spouse visa, after refusal of the Tier 2 extension.

(Perhaps I shouldn’t be thinking of a negative outcome but hey...)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am

if you dont live in the uk, you will have to submit a proof of £62000 savings.
Other way around it is you coming to uk and having a salary of £18600 for at least 6 months before he can apply.

Dismay
Newly Registered

Post by Dismay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 am

iworker wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am
Other way around it is you coming to uk and having a salary of £18600 for at least 6 months before he can apply.

I live in the UK and earn over £18600 per annum.

If we applied for the spouse visa after withdrawing the tier 2 extension application would my husband be able to stay in the country while we apply. Bearing in mind his Tier 2 would’ve expired by then.
Thanks for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 am

Dismay wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 am
iworker wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am

I live in the UK and earn over £18600 per annum.

If we applied for the spouse visa after withdrawing the tier 2 extension application would my husband be able to stay in the country while we apply. Bearing in mind his Tier 2 would’ve expired by then.
Thanks for the help.
Please ask your spouse visa questions in the Immigration for Family sub forum further down the forum main page.

He would need to vary his application and NOT withdraw tier 2 one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.