ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

london2007
Newly Registered

Re: delay in ILR Application

Post by london2007 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:49 pm

harimyfriend wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 pm
Hello all, after 18 months of mental torture, I received refusal letter today stating 322(5) and 245CD(b) as grounds of refusal. The 6-page cover letter I submitted with my application explaining the reasons for my tax amendments have been completely ignored. It is a real shame that due to a few dishonest people I am having to pay the hefty price with my 10 years of life in the UK.

Sorry to hear for your refusal.
Could you please explain in detail about the refusal wording in letter. was it set (O) or set (LR).
did they give you any admin review or appeal option?
Thank

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Post by harimyfriend » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm

london2007 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:49 pm
harimyfriend wrote:
Hello all, after 18 months of mental torture, I received refusal letter today stating 322(5) and 245CD(b) as grounds of refusal. The 6-page cover letter I submitted with my application explaining the reasons for my tax amendments have been completely ignored. It is a real shame that due to a few dishonest people I am having to pay the hefty price with my 10 years of life in the UK.

Could you please explain in detail about the refusal wording in letter. was it set (O) or set (LR).
Thank
Thanks. My case was quite complex and the refusal letter reflects this which itself is 8 pages long. In my lawyer's words, they have 'gone forensic' on me. However, they have also misinterpreted certain facts and overlooked certain things which I will be challenging in AR and subsequently in JR (if possible). My application was SET(O). To be honest I cannot find anyone on this forum who has had a successful outcome from a JR, who's in a similar situation (tax amendments). I'll keep you guys posted.

latheefth
Newly Registered

Post by latheefth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:44 pm

After six months of waiting, we have received again a Biometric Letter with the new CASE ID. Could anyone suggest how to proceed on this? We have Travel plan for first week on December.

Applied for ILR Route : SET(O) Tier1 Dependent (Only 2 dependants, main applicant already ILR)
Date application sent : 09/5/17
Ack letter received : 23/05/17
Biometric Letter received :25/05/2017
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 27/05/17
Automated Mail from HO: Receiving every month 21st or so for past 5 months stating will be done in 6 months
Also received a mail stating the application is received with new CASE Id.
Approval/Refusal Received : still waiting
BRP Card Received : still waiting
Biometric Letter received with New Case ID:26/10/2017

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:06 pm

harimyfriend wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm
london2007 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:49 pm
harimyfriend wrote:

Thank
Thanks. My case was quite complex and the refusal letter reflects this which itself is 8 pages long. In my lawyer's words, they have 'gone forensic' on me. However, they have also misinterpreted certain facts and overlooked certain things which I will be challenging in AR and subsequently in JR (if possible). My application was SET(O). To be honest I cannot find anyone on this forum who has had a successful outcome from a JR, who's in a similar situation (tax amendments). I'll keep you guys posted.
ARE YOU COMPLETE 10 YEARS LAWFULLY IN UK. WHICH YEAR YOU HAD TAX AMENDMENT.CAN YOU GIVE ME YOU CASE SUMMERY IN BRIEFLY. I HAD TAX AMENDMENT 10-11 WHICH I SUBMITTED IN JAN 2016 BEFORE APPLIED ILR IN AUGUST 2016 BUT I STILL WAITING FOR IT.

latheefth
Newly Registered

Post by latheefth » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am

latheefth wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:44 pm
After six months of waiting, we have received again a Biometric Letter with the new CASE ID. Could anyone suggest how to proceed on this? We have Travel plan for first week on December.

Applied for ILR Route : SET(O) Tier1 Dependent (Only 2 dependants, main applicant already ILR)
Automated Mail from HO: Receiving every month 21st or so for past 5 months stating will be done in 6 months
I received the approval letter today. I raised my concern with MP and so received a mail from his assistant on discussing our case with UKVI. The status check still shows Awaiting a Decision with our new Case ID.

latheefth
Newly Registered

Post by latheefth » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am

latheefth wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am
latheefth wrote:

I received the approval letter today. I had raised my concern with MP and so received a mail from his assistant on discussing our case with UKVI. The status check still shows Awaiting a Decision with our new Case ID.
The online status check is updated with little bit of delay. We got the approval letter on Saturday and today on Wednesday it is updated as Decided . ~Anyway thanks everyone and good luck for all who are waiting!

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:53 pm

latheefth wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am
latheefth wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am
latheefth wrote:

I received the approval letter today. I had raised my concern with MP and so received a mail from his assistant on discussing our case with UKVI. The status check still shows Awaiting a Decision with our new Case ID.
The online status check is updated with little bit of delay. We got the approval letter on Saturday and today on Wednesday it is updated as Decided . ~Anyway thanks everyone and good luck for all who are waiting!
hi please can you let me know which website i can find my status.

latheefth
Newly Registered

Post by latheefth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Below should help. Try with the Case ID.
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... astatus_ns

Kent1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Kent1234 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm

May be above link was for testing purpose for limited time. Not opening any page.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:36 am

Kent1234 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm
May be above link was for testing purpose for limited time. Not opening any page.
The online checking service, which was a BETA/Trial service, has been withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Turton2
Newly Registered

Post by Turton2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 pm

I have applied for iLR December 2016 however been on Tier 1 general since 2011. I have advised my lawyer to contact HO but he said there is no need to do so because it has not affected me in anyway because I am currently working and they just granted my husband his visit visa . He said they have a lot of cases in JR so may be waiting.... no letter received I am thinking of contacting HO ignoring my lawyer’s advice.... am I the only one waiting

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi Turton,
You are not the only one. I am waiting from April 2016.
Contacting HO will give the standard response 'the application in process' but nothing wrong in trying.
Off Topic
He said they have a lot of cases in JR so may be waiting
What are those cases based on? Please share.

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi Turton,
I have been waiting since Feb 2016. You said your husband recently got granted a visitors visa. I was told by a solicitor last year when l wanted my husband to apply for a visitors visa to visit me that it is baseless because am currently on section 3c leave. Was yours on compassionate ground or normal visitors visa.

Plr
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by Plr » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm

My petition has been published 😌😀

It’s been 8 months since my mum and I have applied for our Indefinite Leave to Remain to stay in the UK and have had no answer from Home Office regarding our application.

Without our passports and visas it is impossible to travel outside the UK and all my mum and I want is being able to visit my granny in Colombia who’s very ill at the moment.

There are many other reasons a delay regarding this matter has affected our lives such as not being able to apply to university for me.

It’s frustrating since their standard service is meant to be not longer than 6 months..
other applicants have even waited for 3 years and I believe this is a joke ! Putting people’s lives “ in pause” or “in the limbo” for this long is inhumane

Moderator edit :It is usual practice (and polite) to ask a moderator in the link below if you can post a petition link that identifies you personally as your name is available for all to see and our forum has many scammers and spammers. Those waiting more than 3 years as you claim are likely far more complex circumstances as such delays are rare.

comments-about-discussion-board/

Also useful to post in your own topic what your full circumstances are instead of tagging onto a topic from 2016!!