ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Topex17
Newly Registered
Ghana

Accomodation Requirements

Post by Topex17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello,

Apologies if am posting this wrongly, still trying to familiarize myself with the site.

Pls I need the expert opinion on this.

I've just renewed my Tenancy for another year with my Letting Agent and they've put my wife's name on the new tenancy agreement in order to satisfy accommodation requirement for the spouse visa application even though she currently lives abroad.

Will this be acceptable by the UKVI?

I look forward to receiving from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accomodation Requirements

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Most importantly get a letter from estate agent/landlord permitting your partner to be living there after getting visa apart of tenancy agreement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Topex17
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Topex17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Most importantly get a letter from estate agent/landlord permitting your partner to be living there after getting visa apart of tenancy agreement.
Thanks Seagul for your response.

Does that mean I can't use the tenancy agreement even though it's clearly stated in the tenancy agreement that she's allowed to stay in the property?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Usually the tenancy agreement is in the name of sponsor only or jointly with partner as well but in your case the tenancy agreement is only in partner name who is still abroad. Preferably you should add your name into it and also get the above mentioned letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 pm
Usually the tenancy agreement is in the name of sponsor only or jointly with partner as well but in your case the tenancy agreement is only in partner name who is still abroad. Preferably you should add your name into it and also get the above mentioned letter.
The OP hasn't said that his wife is the only person on the tenancy agreement. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Topex17 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:53 pm
and they've put my wife's name on the new tenancy agreement in order to satisfy accommodation requirement for the spouse visa application even though she currently lives abroad.

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm
seagul wrote:
The OP hasn't said that his wife is the only person on the tenancy agreement. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 pm
Casa wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm
seagul wrote:
Neither op said that he is as well on tenancy agreement. Based on the sentence he written it's giving sense that new agreement he has made in his partner (applicant) name.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Never wise to assume. Better to let Topex17 confirm.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:13 pm
Never wise to assume. Better to let Topex17 confirm.
I didn't assume rather follow the written sentence which suggest what I replied.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Topex17 wrote:
Hello,

Apologies if am posting this wrongly, still trying to familiarize myself with the site.

I've just renewed my Tenancy for another year with my Letting Agent and they've put my wife's name on the new tenancy agreement in order to satisfy accommodation requirement for the spouse visa application even though she currently lives abroad.

Thanks in advance.
To clarify, are both your names included on the tenancy agreement :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

Topex17
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Topex17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 pm
Topex17 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Thanks both and apologies if my earlier message wasn't clear enough. Both my name (sponsor) and my wife's name (applicant) are actually included in the new tenancy agreement. I just wanted to know if that'd be sufficient to satisfy the accommodation requirement or do I still need to obtain a separate letter from the Landlord/Letting agent confirming they're happy for my wife to stay with me in the flat.

But I have just asked my agent to provide me a letter headed paper confirming they're happy for my wife to stay with me in the flat as she currently lives abroad.

Topex17
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Topex17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Casa wrote:
Topex17 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Thanks Casa.
Yes, both names are included in the new tenancy agreement. My name (Sponsor) and my wife's name (Applicant) are on the tenancy agreement even though she's still in my home country. Hope this is acceptable by the UKVI?. Thank you.

Topex17
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Topex17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Hi Seagul,
Thanks for your message.
Sorry it's my fault, the tenancy agreement is in both names mine (Sponsor) and my wife's (Applicant) name. Will this be enough or do I still need to get a letter from the letting agent stating they're happy for my wife to stay with me in the flat?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Topex17 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 pm
Casa wrote:
Topex17 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Thanks Casa.
Yes, both names are included in the new tenancy agreement. My name (Sponsor) and my wife's name (Applicant) are on the tenancy agreement even though she's still in my home country. Hope this is acceptable by the UKVI?. Thank you.
It should be fine, but also wise to submit a supporting letter from the landlord.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Topex17 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm
seagul wrote:
Hi Seagul,
Thanks for your message.
Sorry it's my fault, the tenancy agreement is in both names mine (Sponsor) and my wife's (Applicant) name. Will this be enough or do I still need to get a letter from the letting agent stating they're happy for my wife to stay with me in the flat?

Thank you.
Along with your tenancy agreement get that letter confirming your wife stay in that accomodation.

Topex17
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Topex17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm
Topex17 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 pm
seagul wrote:
Hi Seagul,
Thanks for your message.

Thank you.
Along with your tenancy agreement get that letter confirming your wife stay in that accomodation.
Alright then, will do that. Thank you very much for the advice, much appreciated.
Thank you.