ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visitor Visa and child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DanielFR
Newly Registered
France

Marriage Visitor Visa and EEA application

Post by DanielFR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi,

I am French living and working in the UK for 1 year and 4 months now. I would like to get married to a Russian woman.

In order to get married, I have heard that she needs to:
- apply for the Marriage Visitor Visa from Russian at least 3 months before the travel to London.
- then she will travel in London and so we can get married here in London. We will have to give the 28 days notice at our local register office and have the ceremony 28 days after. Hurray!

Now, does she need to wait the 6 months (one of the requirements for the Marriage Visitor Visa) before she can apply for the EEA FM from Russia?
And do we need to apply for the EEA FM from Russia or can we apply just after the marriage directly in London during the time of the Mariage Visitor Visa?

Also, I was wondering if during the Marriage Visitor Visa period can her child go to a UK school?

If you could clarify some points that would be great!

Thank you!

Casa

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa and EEA application

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm

DanielFR wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi,

I am French living and working in the UK for 1 year and 4 months now. I would like to get married to a Russian woman.

In order to get married, I have heard that she needs to:
- apply for the Marriage Visitor Visa from Russian at least 3 months before the travel to London.
- then she will travel in London and so we can get married here in London. We will have to give the 28 days notice at our local register office and have the ceremony 28 days after. Hurray! Where have you read there is a 3 month rule? You can't ask for the visa date to be forwarded to more than 3 months, perhaps this is where you are confused.

Now, does she need to wait the 6 months (one of the requirements for the Marriage Visitor Visa) before she can apply for the EEA FM from Russia? No
And do we need to apply for the EEA FM from Russia or can we apply just after the marriage directly in London during the time of the Mariage Visitor Visa? She will have to apply from her home country. A marriage visitor visa is for someone who doesn't intend to remain in the UK after marrying.

Also, I was wondering if during the Marriage Visitor Visa period can her child go to a UK school? Do you intend to apply for a visitor visa for your wife's child? A visitor visa doesn't permit studying in the UK.

If you could clarify some points that would be great!

Thank you!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DanielFR
Newly Registered
France

Post by DanielFR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Thank you, Casa! That is really helpful.

As I understand, when she will be in Russia after getting married, I can apply in London to the EEA application. Then after about 4 weeks, we will get the CoA. In between, can she apply for a UK Tourist Visa and come back to London? So, she can start working because she will have the CoA.

Also, with the CoA, can her child go to school. I know you told me that with the Tourist Visa you are not allowed to study. But is the CoA will be enough for the school or do we need to wait the 6 months to get the Familly Permit before the child can go to school?

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello everyone, I am Italian citizen living and working in Uk. My wife who is a Nigerian National currently leaves in Nigeria. I applied for her to come leave with me in uk since July 2017 but haven’t got any good news regarding the application till now. I want to ask if I can submit another application trough Italian embassy for her to be able to be in Italy before Christmas so I don’t have to travel back to Nigeria.? But the problem is that her passport is still with the UK DECISION MAKING CENTRE. Any advice?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Paschal wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 pm
Hello everyone, I am Italian citizen living and working in Uk. My wife who is a Nigerian National currently leaves in Nigeria. I applied for her to come leave with me in uk since July 2017 but haven’t got any good news regarding the application till now. I want to ask if I can submit another application trough Italian embassy for her to be able to be in Italy before Christmas so I don’t have to travel back to Nigeria.? But the problem is that her passport is still with the UK DECISION MAKING CENTRE. Any advice?

Thanks
Instead of highjacking another members thread with a question which apart from bearing no relevance to the OPs situation, is also unfair and causes confusion. Please continue to post in your own topic.
eea-route-applications/sheffield-visa-s ... l#p1563593
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Sorry for the confusion.

Thought I could help from anyone who knows more than me :oops:

DanielFR
Newly Registered
France

Post by DanielFR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Sorry, my last two questions are more about an option. Right now, I don't know if we are going to apply for the EEA after we get married.

DanielFR
Newly Registered
France

Marriage Visitor Visa and child

Post by DanielFR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 pm

In the Marriage Visa page from gov.uk, they say you can't "bring in family members (‘dependants’) - they must apply separately". Does it mean the child needs to be under another Marriage Visa or does the child needs to get another type visa, like the Standard Visitor visa?

vinny

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa and child

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:16 am

A marriage visitor visa would be inappropriate someone who was not getting married. A standard visitor visa may be more suitable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DanielFR
Newly Registered
France

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa and child

Post by DanielFR » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 am

The child has already a Standard Visitor visa: c type multi 180 days. It ends in a few days now. Could you advise on options?

I am worried that another request for a Standard Visitor visa for the child won't be accepted if the start date is immediately after the end date of the current visa. Or will they accept if we apply at the same time as the marriage visitor visa? Or do we have to apply for another type of visa? :roll: