ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General route for ILR application based on new job offer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Selective
Newly Registered
Ghana

Tier 2 General route for ILR application based on new job offer

Post by Selective » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 am

Hi All,

I have gone through a lot of post here and I have found them to be helpful, I however need help as I am about to make my ILR application.

At the moment I’m on a Tier 2 general VISA and I was qualified to apply for my ILR in October this year, my present employer is however not willing to give me the required letter to make my application seeing that they might be doing some rounds of redundancies of which I might fall in that category.

But by providence I got a new sponsor who is even paying me more compared to my present company, I would be going to the HO to switch my visas next week.

My question is this, can I immediately apply for ILR once I get this new visa switch, my new employer is willing to give me a letter for it as long as I sign a one year bond with them.

Also, seeing that I need payslip for application and I intend to apply immediately, can I use my last payslip from my present employer. Though my new offer letter from the New employer states that they pay staffs in advance so, it’s likely I will get a payslip and pay for the month of November from them.

I really need advice on the best way to go about this.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General route for ILR application based on new job offer

Post by makky86 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:42 am

Selective wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 am
Hi All,

I have gone through a lot of post here and I have found them to be helpful, I however need help as I am about to make my ILR application.

At the moment I’m on a Tier 2 general VISA and I was qualified to apply for my ILR in October this year, my present employer is however not willing to give me the required letter to make my application seeing that they might be doing some rounds of redundancies of which I might fall in that category.

But by providence I got a new sponsor who is even paying me more compared to my present company, I would be going to the HO to switch my visas next week.

My question is this, can I immediately apply for ILR once I get this new visa switch, my new employer is willing to give me a letter for it as long as I sign a one year bond with them.

Also, seeing that I need payslip for application and I intend to apply immediately, can I use my last payslip from my present employer. Though my new offer letter from the New employer states that they pay staffs in advance so, it’s likely I will get a payslip and pay for the month of November from them.

I really need advice on the best way to go about this.
Yes, you can apply ILR immediately switching to new employer as long as employer is willing to provide you the letter.

You can use payslip from previous employer. That sould be fine
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Selective
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Selective » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 am

@makky86, Thanks a lot for the feedback, i would do as you have said. My visa switch application is at the HO tomorrow and after which I would apply for ILR. Thanks again

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am

Selective wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 am
@makky86, Thanks a lot for the feedback, i would do as you have said. My visa switch application is at the HO tomorrow and after which I would apply for ILR. Thanks again
Best of luck
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Selective
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Selective » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Makky,

Thanks for the best wishes. I had my visa switch approved yesterday. One more question i need to ask is, would my dependant (i.e my wife) need to do a visa switch as well before we both apply for ILR, seeing that her present visa was granted on my previous employer whom i have just changed yesterday.

Thanks as I anticipate your prompt response, and also if you don't mind - are you a solicitor?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am

would my dependant (i.e my wife) need to do a visa switch as well before we both apply for ILR,
No.
Thanks as I anticipate your prompt response, and also if you don't mind - are you a solicitor?
No the user is not and even if they were, the forum rules prohibit members stating that they are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Selective
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Selective » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am
would my dependant (i.e my wife) need to do a visa switch as well before we both apply for ILR,
No.

No the user is not and even if they were, the forum rules prohibit members stating that they are.
Thanks for the information, I am grateful

ramv
Newly Registered

Post by ramv » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 am

Hi,

I am in similar situation as you. I am already eligible for ILR but I switched to new sponsor last week for the same reason. How long do I need to wait to apply for ILR with the new sponsor? can I apply for ILR after I get my first pay slip? or should I wait for 3 months? please advise. Thanks.

-Ram.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 am

ramv wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 am
Hi,

I am in similar situation as you. I am already eligible for ILR but I switched to new sponsor last week for the same reason. How long do I need to wait to apply for ILR with the new sponsor? can I apply for ILR after I get my first pay slip? or should I wait for 3 months? please advise. Thanks.

-Ram.
Please continue in your own topic you already have, rather than tagging onto another members thread from 2017.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-from-tie ... l#p1591022
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.