ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - Passports submitted, waiting and have to travel

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leavetoremain

OCI - Passports submitted, waiting and have to travel

Post by leavetoremain » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I received the documents in London from New Delhi on 20-NOV-2017. I asked here about whether I should book appointment online for submitting the passports. I was told yes and based on that I booked online appointment but I got it only on 01/Dec/2017 at 09:15 am. Submitted the passports and Special Delivery envelopes on 1st Dec. Checked forum in the evening and learned that prior appointment is not required for submitting passports. Such a shame as I didn't even bother to double check as I could have done this early and could have received the Passports, and OCI back by now or would have at least had ample time to receive them :oops: My biggest worry is I have to travel on 16/Dec/2017 (Saturday) and I am wondering if I will receive the documents back by then. I was told by VFS that it would be with me in 7 days but waiting time on paper is 7-10 working days ! The OCI status sticky thread shows someone had received on the 13th day which will be 14/Dec/2017 in my case. If my return tracking doesn't show up anything by this Thursday, I am planning to call VFS and ask them if there is any way to get the Passports back so that I can apply eVISA and get it issued in a day but to travel I really the passports back. Anyone here been through this situation? Please advice as I am about to experience a panic attack due to my lack of due diligence. :cry:

takdeerwala
India

Re: OCI - Passports submitted, waiting and have to travel

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

You should be fine. Normally people get it in between 7 to 10 days. You have a margin of atleast 14 days. All the Best.