ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP with ILR New Employee as an evidence of settled Status

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

BRP with ILR New Employee as an evidence of settled Status

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:40 pm

I interviewed someone today for a full time job.Very capable Master degree holder but!
From settlement point of view She said,She got ILR and having an oath in 10 days and will be able to get British Passport soon.

Do I only need to take copy of BRP card with ILR only or also ask for native country passport?

She will provide copy of the British passport once received (my apologies if ILR is endorsed on passport)

Thanks

vinny

Re: BRP with ILR New Employee as an evidence of settled Status

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:26 am

See also 180-181, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:18 am

Copy of her ILR BRP card if you want to hire her before she becoming a BC
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 am

The guideline says:
... the biometric data page of a passport containing their photograph and personal details, and the pages where a UK Government stamp or an endorsement appear, or a biometrics residence permit, or official documentation from the Home Office which confirms their settled status in the UK

I interpret this as the underlined part being essential and ONE of the other three documents because of the comma between "details" and "and". In that case, you need native passport photo page also (can be an expired one).
However, get a copy of the Citizenship documents also - worst case is you lose 10 days of employment for job creation.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks Marc and all,
My interpretation is that BRP with ILR will be acceptable.
However I am also getting native country passport copy as well.

This "and " actually is for Passport photopage (Normally the second page i guess) and then the endoresement page which is most of the times in the middle pages.(in case settlement status is endorsed on the passport)

OR BRP☺