ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ele231703
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Ele231703 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Hiya, "I need time", the date the H.O gave you : 29th of october. Is it the date of your biometric taken????
Maybe, it's when they start process of application??......

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 am

Hi

I applied mn1 for 3 children born outside UK on 03 January 2017 ....in September 2017 get letter of under active consideration and now on11 January 2018 received letter for additional dacuments (parent marriage certificate)which I sent already ....finger crossed look like home office start working on application which are pending more than six months.
Is any body else who waiting for more than six month received letter of under active consideration or any additional dacuments request ets?please update

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:58 am

i-need-time wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:53 am
I applied for citizenship via nationality checking service on the 09Oct17.
I received a confirmation letter on 17oct17 saying that my application has been received. Their letter was dated 13oct17.
So it took 4 days for the application to be in their system.
A further 4 days for the confirmation letter to arrive.

I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 27dec17
They replied on 08jan18.

"Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 29th October 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker."

I think although my contribution letter is dated 13Oct17, The true date for the application to be places in the queue system is 29Oct17.

In summary, from the date you submit your application, it takes 3 weeks (approximately) for the application to be assigned and logged on the queue system.
So the 3.-3.5 months on decisions is after the true date.
  • When did you submit biometrics?
  • Did you use NCS?
Maybe the consideration date starts with biometrics submission.

In my case (NCS JCAP application), in an email reply from NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk they quoted as the receipt date the date I went to NCS service (23rd October 2017) for the 6-month period, however I do not think they assign a caseworker to your case until the biometrics are submitted in a Post Office branch.

All the best to you and others waiting for answers.

Tarificgirl

Post by Tarificgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:59 pm

I send email last month they replied me ur application recvd on 18th August 2017, and today also I send email and they replied to me

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 30th August 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

So don't know how they counting as applied on 18th August 2017 , acknowledgement and biometric letter dated 24 August 2017, and biometrics done on 5th September 2017.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

It sounds like automated answer to me, always their reply would never comfort us, my case is very straightforward and I have never had any gaps between my employment for last 7 years even haven't been outside the country for many or long holidays all those 7 years and I have seen many people applied after me and they got their approval and I am boiling from Inside why they are doing this to us especially after they put that tracking system down now you don't have any other option other than waiting for 6 months anyway I feel so depressed to be honest anyway congratulations for who got their approval and good luck for the ones who are waiting

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm
It sounds like automated answer to me, always their reply would never comfort us, my case is very straightforward and I have never had any gaps between my employment for last 7 years even haven't been outside the country for many or long holidays all those 7 years and I have seen many people applied after me and they got their approval and I am boiling from Inside why they are doing this to us especially after they put that tracking system down now you don't have any other option other than waiting for 6 months anyway I feel so depressed to be honest anyway congratulations for who got their approval and good luck for the ones who are waiting
I got the same automated answer with the different date on it. I asked about something else (change of address). They attached the answer in a different paragraph. They seem to send the same thing to everyone. Only chance you may get something different seems if your case is already decided and the letter is on the way. Some got answers with their approval letter scans attached, albait that's rare.

Ele231703
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Ele231703 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi Bathroom 11, I think you over reacted , you applied only on the 30th of october( roughly 2,5 month ago, i know you said your case is straight foward!!!), well i think we all think our case it's straight foward, so did "I"leave in the country for almost 30 years, work all these years in the country, never took a more than 3 weeks abroad on holiday,never had any offences( car or whatever...), paid my morgage back 8 years ago, married to a B.C for 26 years, our 2 kids are british....etc....well..." Just a normal citizen leaving ,respecting your Mother land".
And it took me 5 months to get approval letter. ...For which i think it is reasonable time, as to give a citizenship it's serious business.....and most of us got it in average 4,5 to 6 month maximum
So please , be relaxed, and think about the other members who are reading our comments, we don't them to panick,your turn will come up and theirs too.
Best wishes again to you all who are waiting

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:29 pm

sick of waiting too.
depressed also. Seeing all those that applied in September getting theirs and not me. That is annoying but also the fact NCS/JCAP said it would take 2 to 3 months so naturally I was hopeful by Christmas I would have mine, but nothing and its what happened for everyone else in September but not for me. My friends got theirs in 3 weeks and everyone is asking me every day someone else enquiring.

I still have hope though, I will start harassing the home office from March, I've got unlimited phone minutes on my mobile phone contract, I will call them continuously they going to know my name and get sick of me too, just the same way they are making me feel now.

baddy

Post by baddy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Ele231703 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 pm
Hi Bathroom 11, I think you over reacted , you applied only on the 30th of october( roughly 2,5 month ago, i know you said your case is straight foward!!!), well i think we all think our case it's straight foward, so did "I"leave in the country for almost 30 years, work all these years in the country, never took a more than 3 weeks abroad on holiday,never had any offences( car or whatever...), paid my morgage back 8 years ago, married to a B.C for 26 years, our 2 kids are british....etc....well..." Just a normal citizen leaving ,respecting your Mother land".
And it took me 5 months to get approval letter. ...For which i think it is reasonable time, as to give a citizenship it's serious business.....and most of us got it in average 4,5 to 6 month maximum
So please , be relaxed, and think about the other members who are reading our comments, we don't them to panick,your turn will come up and theirs too.
On the contrary, the OP isn't overreacting. Some applicants have got their applications decided under six weeks. Someone who used the new online service in December got his approval within three weeks.

The system is definitely not fair at all.

shinebright
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by shinebright » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:31 am

@ baddy, I agree with you, system isn't fair at all especially when they send their quick response message of how applications are dealt with in order of date received which is so untrue judging by the different timelines seen here. We just need to encourage each other that though it will tarry but surely it will come.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:31 am

I have noticed as well if you are from west Europe or non European but had masters here you got it very quick assuming they got to be good characters I always wanted to do masters but unfortunately I am not from rich family to support me I was always working hard

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am

Bathroom11 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:31 am
I have noticed as well if you are from west Europe or non European but had masters here you got it very quick assuming they got to be good characters I always wanted to do masters but unfortunately I am not from rich family to support me I was always working hard
Yes I've noticed that as well, non EU with masters and EU ones are getting in matter of weeks, i just knew mine they would drag because all those people were given reference numbers that they could see the status of their application but for me my reference number never worked, so home office didn't even enter my ref into the system for updates I was given a different ref the ones they want to delay the application.

You know if you want to do masters you can do it on student loan company they are now giving money now for masters degrees, many people don't know but they started doing it now.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 am

gaffarn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am
Bathroom11 wrote:
Yes I've noticed that as well, non EU with masters and EU ones are getting in matter of weeks, i just knew mine they would drag because all those people were given reference numbers that they could see the status of their application but for me my reference number never worked, so home office didn't even enter my ref into the system for updates I was given a different ref the ones they want to delay the application.

You know if you want to do masters you can do it on student loan company they are now giving money now for masters degrees, many people don't know but they started doing it now.
too late now for masters now besides I have a mortgage and lots of bills to pay I can't add student loan as well haha let's just wait and hope it will arrive soon especially if we don't have anything wrong or to hide

mrsjonas
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by mrsjonas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 am

gaffarn wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

I applied in September too and am still waiting. Wondering if I should have waited and used the online service instead! Seems to be a lot more expedient! I think it's a record for whoever used it in Dec and got the approval in three weeks!

Oh and I have a Masters too but doesn't seem to make a difference in my case!

mrsjonas
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by mrsjonas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:47 am

baddy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 pm
Ele231703 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 pm
On the contrary, the OP isn't overreacting. Some applicants have got their applications decided under six weeks. Someone who used the new online service in December got his approval within three weeks.

The system is definitely not fair at all.
Three weeks is indeed amazingly fast! Should be the SLA for all!

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 am

mrsjonas wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 am
gaffarn wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

I applied in September too and am still waiting. Wondering if I should have waited and used the online service instead! Seems to be a lot more expedient! I think it's a record for whoever used it in Dec and got the approval in three weeks!

Oh and I have a Masters too but doesn't seem to make a difference in my case!
mrsjonas if true you sent naturalisation application to home office in September 2017 and are still waiting how come you are not on the September 2017 timeline, I have written down all the people in my notebook that have applied in September like me and the ones that have updated that they've received approval, and definitely you didn't enter timeline.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am

gaffarn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 am
mrsjonas if true you sent naturalisation application to home office in September 2017 and are still waiting how come you are not on the September 2017 timeline, I have written down all the people in my notebook that have applied in September like me and the ones that have updated that they've received approval, and definitely you didn't enter timeline.
Not everyone posts in the timelines. Not every in the UK who applies for citizenship or visas posts on the forum!! :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am
gaffarn wrote:
Not everyone posts in the timelines. Not every in the UK who applies for citizenship or visas posts on the forum!! :idea: :idea:
:lol: :lol:

I'm just saying mrsjonas isn't on the September 2017 timeline just something to be noted that's all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

gaffarn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 am
CR001 wrote:
gaffarn wrote:

I'm just saying mrsjonas isn't on the September 2017 timeline just something to be noted that's all.
It is the way your asked and posted, sounds 'accusatory' as if the user has done something wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am
gaffarn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 am
CR001 wrote:
gaffarn wrote:

It is the way your asked and posted, sounds 'accusatory' as if the user has done something wrong.
mrsjonas is following a thread that is 101 pages long right she picked up on the fact we discussed two issues the EU in particular West EEC and the qualifications of the those that got approval and chose to enter right there and discount what we have observed, she is saying no its not true what you are saying to us, like we were making a false observation.

So I immediately looked at the September thread I was compiling the list of people anyway and noticed that she hadn't entered her timeline there, so yes its suspicious her action what she did above. She knows the existence of this forum but never bothered to enter a timeline in the September 2017 thread? Why? its suspicious to me.

So I pointed it out as a point to be noted, and you are coming in as the Moderator and saying I've accused her of doing something wrong. But aren't you suspicious of her? I am so I pointed it out for everyone to also know that despite knowing the existence of this forum etc and existence of this discussion to discount our observation she has not entered her timeline in September 2017 thread. That's all its a point to be noted.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 am

gaffarn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 am
mrsjonas is following a thread that is 101 pages long right she picked up on the fact we discussed two issues the EU in particular West EEC and the qualifications of the those that got approval and chose to enter right there and discount what we have observed, she is saying no its not true what you are saying to us, like we were making a false observation. Yes, this topic has lost its use and should really be locked to avoid all the moaning. Everyone posting their 'opinions and views' are posting just that, their 'opinion and views' which in no way reflect any 'fact'.

So I immediately looked at the September thread I was compiling the list of people anyway and noticed that she hadn't entered her timeline there, so yes its suspicious her action what she did above. She knows the existence of this forum but never bothered to enter a timeline in the September 2017 thread? Why? its suspicious to me. mrsjonas does not have to post her timeline, it is entirely her choice whether she does or does not.

So I pointed it out as a point to be noted, and you are coming in as the Moderator and saying I've accused her of doing something wrong. But aren't you suspicious of her? I am so I pointed it out for everyone to also know that despite knowing the existence of this forum etc and existence of this discussion to discount our observation she has not entered her timeline in September 2017 thread. That's all its a point to be noted. I was merely stating it was the way in which you phrased your statement that made it sound like you were accusing her. Maybe don't take everything so personal :idea: :idea: Any user is free to comment on a post any other members makes. Just because they have not posted in a timeline topic that YOU are personally monitoring, does not mean the user cannot comment or make any type of contribution and therefore the user is 'suspicious'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

praveenk
Newly Registered

Post by praveenk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi

Is anyone applied in oct 1st week 2017 still waiting for decision?

seems like lot of people got their approval from October, panicking situation :?

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

praveenk wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm
Hi

seems like lot of people got their approval from October, panicking situation :?
Don't panic probably your case worker has some personal issue with your case like rest of us people who didn't get their approval case workers enjoy the power they have to make us suffer what I don't understand is ok let's say our cases or so difficult to decide due to some questions in their heads so why don't they just contact us straightaway and ask for more documents or ask for answers would be more than happy to give you an answer what I feel is basically the caseworker takes his time trying to find anything to fail your application that's why sometimes they take the whole 6 months searching for anything if not then they sadly forced to give approvals but I have to admit they are quick like a rocket to get the fees

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm
praveenk wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm
Hi

Don't panic probably your case worker has some personal issue with your case like rest of us people who didn't get their approval case workers enjoy the power they have to make us suffer what I don't understand is ok let's say our cases or so difficult to decide due to some questions in their heads so why don't they just contact us straightaway and ask for more documents or ask for answers would be more than happy to give you an answer what I feel is basically the caseworker takes his time trying to find anything to fail your application that's why sometimes they take the whole 6 months searching for anything if not then they sadly forced to give approvals but I have to admit they are quick like a rocket to get the fees
Frustrating wait! Will there be an email/approval letter sent once the decision is made?

praveenk
Newly Registered

Post by praveenk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:43 pm

ya your right, just unlucky :|