ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay In Administrative Review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hadichelsea
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Delay In Administrative Review

Post by hadichelsea » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:11 am

Hello All.

I submitted my defendant Visa application on 25/08/2017 to join my wife studying an undergraduate program in Coventry (she is a new government sponsor) and got a surprise refusal the next day as I paid for premium service to avoid unnecessary delays. The reason for the refusal is that my wife is studying a course at NQF Level 6 and therefore not entitled to bring a defendant, but the rule said student under government sponsorship can bring a defendant and does not specify any level of study.

Based on this I applied for AR on 30/08/2017. Now it's almost 3 month without a decision on my case. They keep sending email saying that they are doing a further checks on my case.

Please can any one give me a suggestion of what to as Time is not on my side.

Thank you for your support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Delay In Administrative Review

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:08 pm

You say you applied premium service, which infers you are in the UK and submitted an application for same day decision. Or did you apply priority service outside the UK??

What is the exact wording of the refusal (taking out any personal info)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hadichelsea
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hadichelsea » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. I applied from Nigeria with the priority service which allows for same day decision making on your visa application.

The exact " a defendant can only be granted if the main applicant is studying at NQF LEVEL 7. I note that your partner is studying at NQF LEVEL 6 and as such has not met the criteria."

But in their document at home office website, they specifically mentioned that a government sponsored student can bring a defendant at any level of education lasting more than 6 month.

Thank you.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:44 pm

AR takes 28 working days, you submitted yours on 30/08 so it has only been 22 working days.

I know its a difficult wait but hold on and you will get it next week hopefully.

I applied for AR and got my positive decision after 24 working days. So wait a bit more hopefully you will get some good news. :)

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 am

Got any reply for your AR.? If it so please share the time line.
I am on the same boat ( submitted my AR on 11-12-2017) and still waiting.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

piercebody wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 am
Got any reply for your AR.? If it so please share the time line.
I am on the same boat ( submitted my AR on 11-12-2017) and still waiting.
Thanks.
Kindly desist from posting in this topic as it relates to Tier 4 Student visas and NOT Tier 1 Entrepreneur. You have an extension thread in Tier 1 Ent sub forum, please continue there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.