ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best route to take marry your non EU partner

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cleanability
Newly Registered

What is my best path to take?

Post by Cleanability » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 am

At the moment in a relationship with an Ecuadorian lady since last year. I'm a uk citizen born and lived whole life here. We are perfect for each other. I've been to Ecuador to meet her and we are talking about marriage to be together if thats what it takes. What are our options? She is coming over here for a few months this year. then what ? There is a marriage visa as the next stage but she would still have to leave Uk after 6 months which to me seems strange. Then there is a family visa which from what i can gather she could stay here longer and not even get married. Is a family visa possible? And with the £18,600 rule about income, would £20,000 savings and no rent/mortgage (i own my house out right) be acceptable instead of the £18,600 income rule? Hope someone can help. Ive tried the contact numbers on government website but have never got through to a real person yet. Thanks Chris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What is my best path to take?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:07 am

No, £20,000 is not sufficient. To rely on only savings you would need £62,500 held for minimum of 6 months.

Without being married, there is the unmarried partner visa, but this requires substantial evidence of living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years. This is a mandatory requirement if unmarried and there is no discretion on this point.

There is a fiance visa which is valid for 6 months and you would need to marry within that time and then switch to the spouse visa. The income/savings rule still applies..
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cleanability
Newly Registered

Re: What is my best path to take?

Post by Cleanability » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Tried researching further and come up with this senario. My girlfriend comes over here a a few months time to stay with me on a vistors visa then she goes back. Then the next stage could be the Family Visa which allows her to stay longer than six months in which time we could get married possibly. This family visa is £1500. Is this a good route to take apart from the expensive Family visa?

Cleanability
Newly Registered

Best route to take marry your non EU partner

Post by Cleanability » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 am

Ive met a woman from Argentina. Known each other for a year and I've been over to visit her. We're perfect for each other and in love etc etc and we eventually want to get married. I'm struggling to find a definitive path to take to get to this goal. First of all shes coming over to stay later this year in UK for a few months then going back. From visiting the uk gov website it looks like the next step is for her to get a family visa to stay here a longer period and for us to get married and stay in UK. This family visa is £1464 if she applies in Argentina which is expensive but not a problem if that is the route to take. There is a marriage visa but that only allows a 6 month stay so thats no good. I know about my income being above £18600 which again is no problem.So is the family visa the route to take?...Thanks .....Chris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Best route to take marry your non EU partner

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

Cleanability wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 am
Ive met a woman from Argentina.
Thought she was from Ecuador?

immigration-for-family-members/what-is- ... l#p1590862
Cleanability wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 am
At the moment in a relationship with an Ecuadorian lady since last year. I'm a uk citizen born and lived whole life here. We are perfect for each other. I've been to Ecuador to meet her and we are talking about marriage to be together if thats what it takes. What are our options? She is coming over here for a few months this year. then what ? There is a marriage visa as the next stage but she would still have to leave Uk after 6 months which to me seems strange. Then there is a family visa which from what i can gather she could stay here longer and not even get married. Is a family visa possible? And with the £18,600 rule about income, would £20,000 savings and no rent/mortgage (i own my house out right) be acceptable instead of the £18,600 income rule? Hope someone can help. Ive tried the contact numbers on government website but have never got through to a real person yet. Thanks Chris
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cleanability
Newly Registered

Post by Cleanability » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm

she just got her argentinian citizenship now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Topics merged and the advice given previously when you asked remains the same.

If you want her to stay in the UK, then family visa route is the only one that is likely to work. Fees go up in April and IHS charge goes up later this year to double the amount it is now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Cleanability
Newly Registered

Post by Cleanability » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Thanks for your help