ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a4asif1
Newly Registered

ILR for dependant

Post by a4asif1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

Looking for advise.

I was on Tier 1 General and then got British Citizenship from 10 Year Long residency route

My wife came UK as Tier 1 Dependent in May 2014 and then changed her visa to FLR (M) due to my above change.

My wife's timeline:
Came to UK in May 2013 as Tier 1 dependent
Converted to FLR M in November 2015 (ILR clock was restarted)
FLR M renewal is due in June 2018 for another 2.5 years and then will apply for ILR

My wife will complete 5 years in May 2018 in UK including both categories

My question is:
Can she apply for ILR now as she will complete 5 years lawfully and legally in May 2018?

Does this new rule will help her to get ilR in May 2018 or does she need to complete her 5 years route with FLR M to be eligible for ILR?

If the new change does not apply to this case and does not qualify for ILR, is there a case where court has granted ILR if someone has changed from Tier 1 to FLR m Dependent and completed 5 years (in total) lawfully.

Looking forward to hearing from you ?
Regards,
Asif

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependant

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 am

No she does not qualify for ILR. She cannot combine PBS dependent time wihlth FLR(M) time to make up 5 years.

She needs 5 years on FLR(M) before she can apply for ILR.

What new rule change are you referring to?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.