ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am on Thin ICE, till when?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seasky
BANNED

I am on Thin ICE, till when?

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 pm

I have been on thin ice for 1-2 years I vaguely remember.

When am I going to be thicked ice again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I am on Thin ICE, till when?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Not any time soon. Perhaps if you changed your tone and condescending posts, it might be considered.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm

I have not once been told by a moderator (except now) that I have a tone issue or condescending manner. As such how can I improve?

Can you point to my posts that are condescending, there must be many if it is for two years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:18 pm

All your posts about corner shops/kebab shops or what you perceive as non genuine entrepreneurs, employing on minimum wage, the most recent post towards 'Marcnath@ in user 'Amnaamna' refusal topic and disrespectful posts in the link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/wife-false-a ... l#p1597968
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm

CR001

I have always given the best advice I can (a lot based on my experience, including some difficult situations like travelling without proper documentation). I have never not given advice or given intentional bad advice ever because I may or not respect someone entrepreneurial qualifications?

I say things like I see them. This is the UK freedom of speech is allowed. This is an immigration discussion board, where else would I discuss it?

I have never berated someone personally "you are just a kebab shop owner, you are not an entrepreneur" is different to "I don't consider Kebab shops to have necessarily fulfilled the spirit of the T1e route"

The Tier 1 Entrepreneur route is broken.

Consider this, an entrepreneur is searching for a country to open her tech business and invest millions in the setup. Chooses the UK because it is a world leader in the specific tech field. Talks to the DIT who shares with her that they are happy to attract and support this business.

Finds out there is an "entrepreneurs visa", sounds perfect for her needs. Except she travels often (like most tech entrepreneurs) to meet VCs in Silicon valley, production partners in Shanghai, Professors in Mumbai, technology partners in Jerusalem, Customers in Montevideo, Denver, Beijing, Brussels, Istanbul and Bangalore. Goes to conferences to speak all over the world.

In the meanwhile she has setup her business raised A and B rounds from investors for her company (, applied for 7 patents 3 granted 4 pending, hired 30 people (most in the £50-£120K range), won numerous awards and grant competitions.

One problem for 6-12 months this travel can stop because of the time to extension. That is a complete impossibility for her (and many other businesses that need to travel)

If you opened a local corner shop (just as an example), travel does not matter.

The above example is not only tech of course, any business that needs exporting, needs to travel.

So T1E cannot attract high value entrepreneurs. (!!!!). Why is the government not fixing this, well firstly governments are not good at that, but also with so much ingenuousness going on they are fighting that rather then fixing the route

My initial interaction with T1e was good. Pain in the mule to get all the detailed documentation but submitted (to Ankara embassy) and got it back in two weeks. Had I known of the realities owards would have gone likely to another country. I think back then T1e was not often abused because other routes were open.

Add to that examples we see often in the forum:

-Hiring employees to the exact minimum threshold (minimum time, min wage), during extension no employees (no points awarded) and then for ILR again min/min hiring. That IS NOT a serious entrepreneur.

-Entrepreneurial teams that one team member leaves the business as soon as gets ILR(LR) clearly at least that former T1e was not a a genuine entrepreneur (of course we also see that situation when team member does stay in the business, a clear sign of genuineness)

-the icing on the cake: I now have ILR can I close down the business I "had" in T!e period and get a job?

CR001, do you disagree with me that T1e is now often a "goto visa when other visa routes don't work" not only a route for those who really want to be entrepreneurs?

(I have made my opinion elsewhere that the thresholds have to be raised. Suggest £18,600 level jobs on the £200K route, passports returned during extension and ILR, a la NDRS and department of trade or international trade be able to officially rush through applications for those they choose, and those application no nit picking on minutia)

Regarding the post you refer to, I only jumped in when my liberal mind say saw things the one could infer "that Asian men have a high propensity to beat their wives "(I pointed this out to Obie very politely, clearly a regarded mod s/he did not mean that)

While already in the discussion I did point out that if your only criteria for marriage is religion ( I fully respect a religious person to want to marry as such but that should not be ONLY criteria), then innuendo that someones height or family wealth matters in a mating decision (really??) followed by a direct assertion that basically says "if you are from UK and marry someone from Pakistan, you have a high chance of problems because they are only using you for immigration" to which I responded, when you marry someone you don't know at all, you are setting yourself up for immigration problems. Lastly, my opinion was added that when you are "from the West" (as might be considered by someone very poor in a developing country) to be married by arrangement, a young woman likely is of much less position of free will. So in this case the husband is clearly of free will (he attested freely to that) and the wife is of high likelihood to not be (one cannot know for sure for any specific case for example).

With all the (intentional or not) xenophobia, misogyny, heightism and aporophobia on said post, not clear why exactly I was picked on to be considered as disrespectful?