ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

illegal married with british travel to france

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

diabian79
Newly Registered
Morocco

illegal married with british travel to france

Post by diabian79 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi
My case is complicated as I'm Moroccan but married with British wife since 2007 i lived 10 years continued but i don't have visa cause home office refuse..we decide me and my wife immigrate to France ..my question s it easy for me to have a visa chengen even i`m illegal here?and any solution how can i leave uk legally enter to france with my wife..please

Casa

Re: illegal married with british travel to france

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:31 pm

You won't be issued with a French Schengen visa through an application made in the UK as you have no legal status here.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

diabian79
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by diabian79 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:37 pm

i`m in appeal hearing waiting and my marriage is since 2007 and my wife disable she need me to be with here there..is it all this reasons not enough?

diabian79
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by diabian79 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:31 pm
You won't be issued with a French Schengen visa through an application made in the UK as you have no legal status here.
i`m in appeal hearing waiting and my marriage is since 2007 and my wife disable she need me to be with here there..is it all this reasons not enough?

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Casa wrote:
Do you say if he go to the french border post at St. Pancras, Dover or Folkstone with his wife and the marriage certificate he cannot get a visa for a family member of a eu citizen?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 pm

mgb wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Casa wrote:
Do you say if he go to the french border post at St. Pancras, Dover or Folkstone with his wife and the marriage certificate he cannot get a visa for a family member of a eu citizen?
Schengen visas aren't issued at border posts. At present we know nothing of the OP's immigration history but I assume that the Home Office may be in possession of his passport. :idea: :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 pm
Schengen visas aren't issued at border posts.
Maybe you should take a look at the schengen borders code.

diabian79
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by diabian79 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 am

Casa wrote:
mgb wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Casa wrote:
Schengen visas aren't issued at border posts. At present we know nothing of the OP's immigration history but I assume that the Home Office may be in possession of his passport. :idea: :?:
i got my passport and i have my marriage certificate since 2007 because really the home office make hating to stay in this country they refuse my application 4 times since 2011,and they say my marriage not genuine i told them come and put CCtv in my bedroom
Back to our subject if i apply with my wife and my family in france will send send me support letter.. Is it any chance?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:09 am

mgb wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:14 pm
Casa wrote:
Schengen visas aren't issued at border posts.
Maybe you should take a look at the schengen borders code.
mgb has corrected my previous post. I'm not sure what you mean by 'supporting letter'. From whom :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Under European Law, OP is able to go with his wife to Dover and he will be entitled to visa to enter France under EU law, unless of course france is not complying with EU law.
[url=https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/policies/borders/docs/c_2010_1620_en.pdf]4. FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU CITIZENS APPLYING FOR A VISA AT THE EXTERNAL BORDERS[/url] wrote: When a family member of an EU citizen, accompanying or joining the EU citizen in question,
and who is a national of a third country subject to the visa obligation, arrives at the border
without holding the necessary visa, the Member State concerned must, before turning him
back, give the person concerned every reasonable opportunity to obtain the necessary
documents or have them brought to him within a reasonable period of time to corroborate or
prove by other means that he is covered by the right of free movement.
If he succeeds in doing so and if there is no evidence that he poses a risk to the public policy,
public security or public health requirements, the visa must be issued to him without delay at
the border, while taking account of the guidelines above.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors