ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation 3 Yr route: Applicant physically present in U.K 5 yrs ago but absent 3 yrs ago

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Naturalisation 3 Yr route: Applicant physically present in U.K 5 yrs ago but absent 3 yrs ago

Post by bharathsb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:24 am

Dear Forum members,

I am seeking your help with the following query:

I am naturalised as a British Citizen. Previously I was on Tier-1 General visa. My wife entered UK on 17-Jan-13 as PBS dependent. She has now been granted ILR on 9-Jan-2018 as per 5 year residence requirement.

Now we are planning to apply for her British Citizenship via 3 year route. One important requirement that I have noted for naturalisation is that the applicant should be physically present in the UK at the beginning of the 3/5 years residence period i.e. the day the HO receives the application 3/5 years back.

The applicant had been to India for maternity from Dec-2014 and returned to UK on 8-Jun-2015. So exactly 3 years ago the applicant was physically not present in UK but Exactly 5 years ago the applicant was physically present in UK.
The applicant was also present in U.K. prior to 3 years 4 months to 5 years. She had been outside of U.K. in this period for only 30 days.

Now My query is, If we make an application now via 3 Year route then will the Home Office consider the fact that the applicant was physically present in U.K. 5 years ago and accept the application or will they reject the application because she was not physically present in U.K. 3 years ago?

Looking forward for your responses.

Many Thanks!!

vinny

Re: Naturalisation 3 Yr route: Applicant physically present in U.K 5 yrs ago but absent 3 yrs ago

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:53 am

Why would they be interested in where she was 5 years ago, if she was applying under the 3 year route?

They will consider her physical presence in the UK 3 years ago, as this is a statutory requirement under the 3 year route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation 3 Yr route: Applicant physically present in U.K 5 yrs ago but absent 3 yrs ago

Post by bluebird12 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:29 am

You can submit the application according to the date back 3 years ago when the person was actually physically present in the UK .

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Post by bharathsb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks a lot Vinny and Bluebird12 for your views. We will wait and will apply for naturalisation only after 8-Jun-18 as exactly 3 years from then the applicant was physically present in UK.