ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

returning card after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

darec23
Newly Registered
Poland

returning card after ceremony

Post by darec23 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi all,

Just had my ceremony on Thursday. I'm aware that need to return the BRP within 5 days however never got it but blueish residence documentation card instead.
Anyone knows whether I'm supposed to send it back ? There's no available info on gov.uk

Thanks in advance.

Derek

rely1458

Re: returning card after ceremony

Post by rely1458 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:01 pm

You only have to return the BRP. If you are a EEA citizen, or a family member of a EEA citizen, you aren't required to return anything.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:41 pm

The "blue" card is not a BRP card. No need to send it back - still got mine, nobody asked. Suggest you keep it with all your important paperwork.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CourtneyRad
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyRad » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:40 pm

In regards to returning the BRP, are BRP's issued when they take your biometrics as part of your application? Or when they say you need to return it after the ceremony, this is only for people who had one already?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 am

CourtneyRad wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:40 pm
In regards to returning the BRP, are BRP's issued when they take your biometrics as part of your application? Or when they say you need to return it after the ceremony, this is only for people who had one already?
A BRP card is the card that states your immigration status, ie. Indefinite leave to remain, only issued once an application for whichever category is approvaed by HO.

Only BRPs issued for applications for ILR under the UK Immigration rules need to be returned after the citizenship ceremony as ILR ceases to exist on granting of citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CourtneyRad
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyRad » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 am
CourtneyRad wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:40 pm
A BRP card is the card that states your immigration status, ie. Indefinite leave to remain, only issued once an application for whichever category is approvaed by HO.

Only BRPs issued for applications for ILR under the UK Immigration rules need to be returned after the citizenship ceremony as ILR ceases to exist on granting of citizenship.
Okay awesome! I got my ILR before BRPs were issued so that's one less thing I have to worry about :) Cheers!