ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

complaint to Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

English Language Requirements - ILR

Post by melselmeh_3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi. I am not sure if I can get some information or guidance about what can I do in my situation. I came to England with spouse visa in 2013 with 5 year route. Flr visa applied and proved in 2015. my Flr visa is finishing on 4th April,2018. I put all my documentations together and applied Indefinite visa through premium centre today. Paid £ 6 Thousand for my daughter and myself. and I have been refused because of my English certificate. I really didn't realize that I should take the exam in approved centres. my Ielts results are higher than what they want I got 6.5 and over from all parts so I thought it's more than enough. I took the exam in Leicester College which was secure enough. but they still didn't accept. also I studied 2 years for an assistant practitioner program which gave me foundation degree and graduated in march 2017. I was thinking it should be ok aswell as it has been taught English. And I studied it in England. But they refused it aswell. I really begged them to give us a week time and I said that I will go for entry level exam this week. but no. they refused to give us a chance to do it. they just said £6 thousand gone and I need to apply again with the paying same amount. this is just cruel. I don't know what to do. why they couldn't give us a chance to sort it out. could you pls help me what can I do in this situation. I read on gov.uk it says if the documents are missing they can give us a time to complete it. is that correct.

Casa

Re: English Language Requirements - ILR

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Your post has been split into your own topic from the other member's 12 month old inactive thread you had tagged your question onto.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:37 am

Reapply with the appropriate approved English test before expiry of leave as requested.

After they grant ILR, complain to them and your MP. Ask for your applications' fees back because caseworker had failed to follow their guidance by not offering you time to take an approved test.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Thank you so much for the answer. I hope you are right and I can get my fee back. Do you know how long extra time they could offer? I can not believe what happened. we are in shock as a family. how they couldn't give me just a week to sort it out. Case worker sat front of us and said sorry you need to pay ans apply again. I was crying and asking for time but he just said no.
I need to fill the application form all over again :(.
Many thanks

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:03 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:37 am
Reapply with the appropriate approved English test before expiry of leave as requested.

After they grant ILR, complain to them and your MP. Ask for your applications' fees back because caseworker had failed to follow their guidance by not offering you time to take an approved test.
Hi again. I went for the language exam and got the pass result. I managed to find a slot for premium service and paid again 6 thousand for my daughter and myself. my appointment is on 3rd of April and my visa ends on 4th April. I am just scared so much now. they put my confident down with refusing me due to English exam. anyway, my question is that will they go through all the checks again? or they refused me because of English test and I have it now so will it shorten the process of checking documentations? and is there any reason that they could refuse my application? if you could reply I will be so thankful.
many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Not sure about their checking process.

Don't forget to put down that you were previously refused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Thank you for the answer. I just went through all the application form but there is no section about the previous refuse. should I write it under section d other information?
Thank you so much

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:06 am

Sorry! I had thought that it was one of their standard question.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:00 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:06 am
Thanks ok i think it's good idea to write about it. I will write it on a separate paper. I am just scare of it now. I will let you know what happened in the day on Tuesday. thank you very much for the all answers.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 pm

[quote=melselmeh_3 post_id=1615827 time=1522306831 user_id=191669]
[quote=vinny post_id=1615790 time=1522285598 user_id=22164]
Hi again it's only me :) I just want to ask you one more question. I was reading the board and I came across that I could use my old English exam result which I used for further leave to remain. is that correct? it's ESOL CITY&GUILDS ENTRY 3 LEVEL. Many many thanks

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:40 pm

I don't know what happened. I think I just send my message in wrong format. sorry. I hope it's ok

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:45 pm

melselmeh_3 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 pm
Hi again it's only me :) I just want to ask you one more question. I was reading the board and I came across that I could use my old English exam result which I used for further leave to remain. is that correct? it's ESOL CITY&GUILDS ENTRY 3 LEVEL. Many many thanks
No.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 am

thank you

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:19 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi Vinny
you have been very helpful thank you very much. I got the indefinite leave to remain today. after I took the letter from the home office I asked the question about how to get my money back. they said I didn't give the evidence that they wanted so I can do nothing. Anyway I am going to take the first step to write to HO. I will inform you about the process. in the mean time, if you could suggest anything I will take it in very seriously and will appreciated the help.
Many thanks

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

complaint to Home Office

Post by melselmeh_3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I just finished writing my complain letter but before I send I need to know that shall I speak to MP in this stage or shall I wait first for Home Office response and than take the matter further.
Many Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: complaint to Home Office

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:46 pm

although the english requirement is mandatory, I don't think this is justified to take such huge amount of money just simply because one single document is not qualified. They should only take the administrative cost.... the money they are taken is life-changing for many family....

we are not in the time that ILR is free of charge to apply......... like 15 years ago...... I am really very sorry for your experience.....

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:08 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:46 pm
although the english requirement is mandatory, I don't think this is justified to take such huge amount of money just simply because one single document is not qualified. They should only take the administrative cost.... the money they are taken is life-changing for many family....

we are not in the time that ILR is free of charge to apply......... like 15 years ago...... I am really very sorry for your experience.....
Thank you for your empathy. losing 12 thousand in a week is just not acceptable! I understand English exam is mandatory so I provided an English exam result which is higher than what they want but it wasn't from the centres they approved. I just didn't realised they have an approved English test centres. However, they didnt refused me from my relationship or financial situation! They refused me from the English exam because I didn't take it from the approved centre where they wanted to make a bit more money! I will try my best to get my money back. I hope no one will be in this situation.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:17 am

And another interesting point is that why we need to pass an entry level English exam. life in the UK should be enough. if a person who can read and understand whole book and pass the exam already proved that they know some English

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi my friend is going to apply for indefinite visa. her FLR is valid until 4.5.18 on her BRP. she booked an appointment for 1.5.18 at a premium service centre. she will be in the UK continuously 5 years 1 month. will it be a problem? or is it ok as she still has a valid visa until 4th May?
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm

melselmeh_3 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi my friend is going to apply for indefinite visa. her FLR is valid until 4.5.18 on her BRP. she booked an appointment for 1.5.18 at a premium service centre. she will be in the UK continuously 5 years 1 month. will it be a problem? or is it ok as she still has a valid visa until 4th May?
Many thanks
If this question is NOT related to your original query, you should either a) start a new topic and post it or b) ask your friend to register on the forum and ask their own questions.

Makes no difference as long as they apply before their visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm
melselmeh_3 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:00 pm
Many thanks
If this question is NOT related to your original query, you should either a) start a new topic and post it or b) ask your friend to register on the forum and ask their own questions.

Makes no difference as long as they apply before their visa expires.
Ok thank you.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:08 pm

vinny wrote:

Hi Vinny
I just want to say thank you for the advice. I have written a complaint letter to Home Office without MP input and Sent it on 10th April. I received my second application fee back into my account today. They didn't send any email or letter just the money into account.
Thank you very much again.
Kind regards

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:47 pm

melselmeh_3 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:08 pm
vinny wrote:

Hi Vinny
I just want to say thank you for the advice. I have written a complaint letter to Home Office without MP input and Sent it on 10th April. I received my second application fee back into my account today. They didn't send any email or letter just the money into account.
Kind regards
Very good and encouraging news~!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Contratulations! Very good news!

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:17 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:47 pm
melselmeh_3 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:08 pm
vinny wrote:

Hi Vinny
Kind regards
Very good and encouraging news~!
Thank you :)