ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

twgal

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by twgal » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:53 am

silverchloride wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm
twgal wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:18 pm
So I got annoyed with HO because all January AN applications except ours seem to be approved (including some February ones) and I emailed them this morning at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to ask them to confirm that the application is in order and that they don't need extra information from us. I got this brief reply below. Does it mean that a decision has been made?
Thank you for your e-mail. You will be contacted by letter within 21 days

Thank you
FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

That's great - means that you'll have a decision soon. :)
You were right, we got the approval letters today 25 Mar (issued 19 March).

K-King-D
Newly Registered

Post by K-King-D » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi guys,

I sent an email last week to FMT as I mentioned before. Today I received a post letter saying that they are still conducting good character check with other government departments and external agencies. Anyone has any idea about that? And what does that means and how long do you think will this check take?

Thanks
All the best guys

Brand

Post by Brand » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:10 pm

K-King-D wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi guys,

I sent an email last week to FMT as I mentioned before. Today I received a post letter saying that they are still conducting good character check with other government departments and external agencies. Anyone has any idea about that? And what does that means and how long do you think will this check take?

Thanks
All the best guys
It means they still have not completed the Good Character Checks required to decide your application. There is nothing you can do other than wait patiently. They have to perform those checks. As long as you have not broken any immigration rules in the qualifying period and you no convictions or outstanding payments etc. there is no need to worry. Each individual case is different so should not compare your case to other cases on here which claim to have had their outcome quicker than you because each case differs. When did you apply?

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, no one can predict how long they will take to finish the checks, so I would just wait patiently.

I applied in November and was getting worried since many people who applied in January and December said they got their approvals, but I myself got my approval mid March and all done now.

I know how frustrating such a wait can be but the best thing is to just forget about it for now and get on with your life until they conclude their checks.

Good luck to everyone.

mahamalik
Newly Registered

Post by mahamalik » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm

K-King-D wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi guys,

Thanks
All the best guys
hi KKing

i applied on 24th November 2017 and never heard from home office after biometric today I emailed them and same answer I received as its a copy paste just dates different, even I dont have any issue on good character. I am reallvery upset

mahamalik
Newly Registered

Post by mahamalik » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm

ZFDar wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 pm
Hi Guys,

I applied on 3rd of November, and I am still waiting for a decision yet. I am getting little impatient now :( .

I emailed them yesterday and got very generic reply “Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 32th November 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered”… (32th Nov 2017) Yes that's right... lol
hi ZFDar

did you get your approval letter ?
could you please update your case ? I am in same situation.
thanks

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 pm

I applied in August and also got the same letters twice - same generic thing about 'good character' checks. And one of them actually said 'there's no time limit on these checks' - I'm just worried it's sitting somewhere in a drawer and forgotten about... I donno what else we can do apart from waiting (and trying to forget about it)...

K-King-D
Newly Registered

Post by K-King-D » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Thanks for replying to my message.
I applied on the 5th December 2017, apparently all the reply from HO is meaningless and from now on I’m gonna leave my life the way it’s. I’ll be travelling around Europe next week and if anything will come to my flat so my flat mates will tell me about it.

Thanks all guys and all the best

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am

fairness777 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 pm
Dear all friends,

Trust you're well.

If you have a complaint about the service, you can email your complaint to this address:
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

According to the website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... complaints

Complaints do not affect our decision-making process and making a complaint doesn’t mean that your application will be dealt with more quickly or more slowly.

They would investigate your complaint and reply to you within 20 working days.

If you are not satisfied with the response, you can ask them to review the matter and a senior member of staff will carry out an independent review of your complaint.

If you’re still not satisfied at this stage, you may be able to raise the matter with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who may be able to help you.

The link is here: https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

I suggest that you consult with a professional body like a solicitor in advance in order to help you to draft your complaint.

I wish you all the best, and I hope we all get our approvals soon.

No one deserve to be treated unfairly and unjustly.
Has anyone used complained to the Home Office? What has been your experience? Is it any use? Atleast not for us, but atleast we can help them change their ways slightly for future applicants? It seemed like the online tracking system was a good idea but rather than improving it - they just brought it down. It must have increased the number of emails / enquiries they get daily dramatically!!

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi everyone. Today I met my local mp about my naturalisation application being delayed for about 11 months. He called the home office and they told him my application is not complex and is under consideration.
Can anyone relate to this and give me more information please ?
Thank you .

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Kurabor wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:58 pm
Hi everyone. Today I met my local mp about my naturalisation application being delayed for about 11 months. He called the home office and they told him my application is not complex and is under consideration.
Thank you .
Is that all they said? Surely they should tell the MP exactly what's wrong and when you might be able to get an outcome... Do you have any inclination as to why it has been delayed so much? What's your immigration history in the UK? Did they tell the MP what particular checks they were waiting on? Did the HO write to you to explain why they are taking so long...

someone on this forum who posted about his son's application from India and it was delayed because the HO emailed their doctor and the doctor didn't check it for a few months... Just an example of what might happen! It's such a nightmare of a system with them not telling us anything.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:29 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 pm
Kurabor wrote:
Thank you .
Is that all they said? Surely they should tell the MP exactly what's wrong and when you might be able to get an outcome... Do you have any inclination as to why it has been delayed so much? What's your immigration history in the UK? Did they tell the MP what particular checks they were waiting on? Did the HO write to you to explain why they are taking so long...

someone on this forum who posted about his son's application from India and it was delayed because the HO emailed their doctor and the doctor didn't check it for a few months... Just an example of what might happen! It's such a nightmare of a system with them not telling us anything.
I have no idea why they take so long to make a decision on my case? After 6 months of applying they said to me that they going to do good character checks but today they said to my MP that my case under consideration. I have been in the UK for 11 and half years with no any criminal offence and never ever seen court in all of my life . I am very frustrated and gives me too much stress. :?

Redempless_0300
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Redempless_0300 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Korabur why you are stress? You have indefinite leave to remain and you can travel freely wherever u want.

They do carry out checks on the applications and some applications are taking longer then normal.

I know someone his application is still with them since 2016 and he is still waiting.

And if your history is clear and application is straight forward then no point to stress yourself.

Hopefully you will hear good news soon.

Best of luck

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Why debit passport fees before approval? Any one know?
some how if your application decline is that fees returnable?

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Which ground you apply?
And previous nationality?

Kurabor wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:29 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
Thank you .

I have no idea why they take so long to make a decision on my case? After 6 months of applying they said to me that they going to do good character checks but today they said to my MP that my case under consideration. I have been in the UK for 11 and half years with no any criminal offence and never ever seen court in all of my life . I am very frustrated and gives me too much stress. :?

fairness777
Newly Registered

Post by fairness777 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Kurabor wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
Thank you .

This is absolutely frustrating. I think the average time for your application to be considered is 1 month from Biometric. If you don't get it by that time then you should assume that your application might have been put aside.
I personally haven't contacted my MP yet, but I understood now that the best is to contact your MP to chase it up for you. At least, you will get some detailed/reliable response.
Such an appalling service. So frustrated.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Redempless_0300 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:51 pm
Korabur why you are stress? You have indefinite leave to remain and you can travel freely wherever u want.

They do carry out checks on the applications and some applications are taking longer then normal.

I know someone his application is still with them since 2016 and he is still waiting.

And if your history is clear and application is straight forward then no point to stress yourself.

Hopefully you will hear good news soon.

Best of luck
Thank u very much for the advice.i have no choice now and just be patient.

mullmitt
Newly Registered

Post by mullmitt » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right thread but couldn't find any better matching one. I just attended my citizenship ceremony last week and I was wondering what all institutions I have to inform about the change of my status. The obvious one is my employer, but I was wondering do I need to contact my bank, National Insurance, NHS, Council, HMRC...

Thanks,

Chandni

sanket1705
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanket1705 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Even I am also not sure if this is the right thread but couldn't find any better matching one.
I got a question about my son, who got his certificate of registration for a British citizen on 28th March,
So, in that case, does he has to return his ILR BRP within 5 days, and he is outside the UK born.
Please give clarify

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:49 pm

sanket1705 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:43 pm
Even I am also not sure if this is the right thread but couldn't find any better matching one.
I got a question about my son, who got his certificate of registration for a British citizen on 28th March,
So, in that case, does he has to return his ILR BRP within 5 days, and he is outside the UK born.
Please give clarify
Yes. Keep a certified copy for future reference if needed and keep it in a safe place.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venomby
BANNED

Post by venomby » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm

fairness777 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:42 pm
Kurabor wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
Thank you .

This is absolutely frustrating. I think the average time for your application to be considered is 1 month from Biometric. If you don't get it by that time then you should assume that your application might have been put aside.
I personally haven't contacted my MP yet, but I understood now that the best is to contact your MP to chase it up for you. At least, you will get some detailed/reliable response.
Yes Kurabor, the service is appalling. Why dont you just leave this country?
You expect to be treated like a VIP. They receive something like 500+ applications a day. so many things to check, sometimes there are doubts sometimes material does not arrive on time. Why cant you be patient and let them do their job. If you dont like how this country works go back to your home country.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 pm

venomby wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm
fairness777 wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

You expect to be treated like a VIP. They receive something like 500+ applications a day. so many things to check, sometimes there are doubts sometimes material does not arrive on time. Why cant you be patient and let them do their job. If you dont like how this country works go back to your home country.
Yes venomby ,Why don't you shut up your mouth ? If you can't say nice word's 🤔🤔

fairness777
Newly Registered

Post by fairness777 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 am

venomby wrote:
fairness777 wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

Being attacked/abused racially on the one hand, and treated unjustly and unfairly by the Home Office on the other hand, yes, it is not only appalling but also painful. I am sure that everyone here agrees with the extreme vetting, there is no problem with that at all. However, this checking must be applied to everyone regardless of race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin or religion, belief or lack of religion/belief and sex and disability.
We are all first human beings and deserve to be treated equally. I am sure that no one here has any problem with this.
I wish everyone all the best and I hope you all get your approvals soon.
Happy Easter

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 am

fairness777 wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
Thank you .

Where did you get that average from? If you look back through this and others the vast majority are three, four and five months decision times. Ours took over four months and nothing you can do until six months is up. And then there's not much you do, they take as long as it takes.

fairness777
Newly Registered

Post by fairness777 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:58 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 am
fairness777 wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

Where did you get that average from? If you look back through this and others the vast majority are three, four and five months decision times. Ours took over four months and nothing you can do until six months is up. And then there's not much you do, they take as long as it takes.
A solicitor told me this. However, as you rightly mentioned she said that she had some cases as well took three and four months. We must be patient and wait.

venomby
BANNED

Post by venomby » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:31 pm

fairness777 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 am
venomby wrote:
fairness777 wrote:
Kurabor wrote:

Being attacked/abused racially on the one hand, and treated unjustly and unfairly by the Home Office on the other hand, yes, it is not only appalling but also painful. I am sure that everyone here agrees with the extreme vetting, there is no problem with that at all. However, this checking must be applied to everyone regardless of race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin or religion, belief or lack of religion/belief and sex and disability.
We are all first human beings and deserve to be treated equally. I am sure that no one here has any problem with this.
I wish everyone all the best and I hope you all get your approvals soon.
Happy Easter
Where does race or abuse come into this equation?? Does everything have to do with race or nationality. Or are they just punching bags used to get rid of your frustrations. The delay is to be expected. WE DO NOT KNOW HOW HO WORKS. They have supervisors and everybody is not dearly beloved. They have a job to do and they do it to the best of their abilities. Otherwise there would be a lot of cases. One does not know the reason for the delay so dont go around accusing HO of being biased. Some case workers may but to presume that the delay is because of unjust and unfair treatment is totally wrong. Too many people believe they are blameless and deserve special treatment. NO YOU DONT. Wait your turn and if you are eligible you will get it. Let people do their job without you accusing them of bias.