ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on FLR(IR) re: IHS & Being a Ltd company director

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katiezoe
Newly Registered
Australia

Questions on FLR(IR) re: IHS & Being a Ltd company director

Post by katiezoe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi,

I am applying to extend my ancestry visa for another 5 years and have a few questions. I can't apply for ILR as I got the visa in 2013 (intending to move then) but due to family circumstances, didn't move until July 2015, so only have 2 years 6 mths towards my needed 5 yrs for ILR.

Questions are:

1.11 Immigration Health Surcharge
- What is this? Where do find it? I have an NHS number if that's of any relevance.

Section 5 Finances
I am a sole director of an LTD company, I receive dividends but as yet (it's a newish company) no salary because as I have overpaid personal tax to HMRC from when i was employed so don't need to take salary till Q2 this year.
- In completing the finances page do I put in my dividend amount in the salary (Q5.3)?
- Do i need to provide any company information?
- Do i provide confirmation of my current consulting contract to prove income/ability to support myself?

6.13 Length of time in UK
As I have lived here only since July 2015, not since start of visa, April 2014, do i just indicate the 2yrs 6mths I have lived here?
I have had no 6mth absences since July 2015 so assume i leave the 'absences' table blank?

Checklist
Bank statements / Savings:
- Do u need to see AUS savings as well as UK accounts?
- Is a printed statement (printed PDF) ok or do I need to formally request a paper statement which is the same PDF, just printed by Lloyds or my AUS bank and sent to me)?

One more question out of interest...
- As I have already proved my ancestry before (English Maternal Grandmother) in Australia for original visa, why do these original documents all need to be provided again?

Many thanks for the assistance.

Katie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions on FLR(IR) re: IHS & Being a Ltd company director

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

1.11 https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

Section 5 - not sure.

6.13 - If you have any absences I think they need to be noted, but I stand corrected. Always better to say than not to say.

Bank Statements must be original and if online ones, have to be stamped or authenticated by the bank./

You have to provide all the same documents again (birth, marriage etc).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katiezoe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by katiezoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

1.11 re IHS
So do I get this number once i have paid the health surcharge?

It says 6+ mths absences are to be explained so it doesn't make sense to list shorter absences (like long weekends in Europe. I'd be there for days trying to list things like that over last 2.5 yrs :) Longest absence has been 10 weeks but generally 3-4 days).

Question I had was more around what I say about dates between April 2013 (when visa was issued) and July 2015 (when i actually moved here). Perhaps I will just explain this in the application in a letter or something.

Bank statements
Thanks I will take print outs to get stamped / verified

Section 5: Finances
Is there any where i can look for more info on this?
I will otherwise just send in everything and hope it all makes sense for the officer reviewing the application

Many thanks for the assistance!

katiezoe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by katiezoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

katiezoe wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am
1.11 re IHS
Ignore my other question on this, I have re-read what's needed and now have this number. Blonde moment before.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm

It says 6+ mths absences are to be explained so it doesn't make sense to list shorter absences (like long weekends in Europe. I'd be there for days trying to list things like that over last 2.5 yrs :) Longest absence has been 10 weeks but generally 3-4 days).
If the form only asks for longer than 6 months absence, then do that but disclosing all absences won't harm your application.
Question I had was more around what I say about dates between April 2013 (when visa was issued) and July 2015 (when i actually moved here). Perhaps I will just explain this in the application in a letter or something.
Irrelevant as your residency starts from when you entered the UK.
Section 5: Finances
Is there any where i can look for more info on this?
I will otherwise just send in everything and hope it all makes sense for the officer reviewing the application
Send what the form asks for re your visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katiezoe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by katiezoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Ok thanks for the help

Re Section 5. It's unclear so I have sent basically everything I possibly can think of to support the application :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Bank statements, payslips, SA302 self assessment, NI records ......
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katiezoe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by katiezoe » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Rather than start a new thread:

It's been 7 weeks and no word other than doing biometrics. Is there any way to check progress? Appreciate timeline is 8 weeks but it does say 'within' and I'm just a bit anxious.

Is there a timeline thread/post for FLR(IR) applications so i can gauge others experiences?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:11 pm

No way to check online and no timeline thread as such as it is not a common application.

If HO cannot decide your application within 8-12 weeks, they do usually write to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katiezoe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by katiezoe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Thanks. Came through bang on 8 weeks so all good :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Congrats :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tins
Newly Registered
Macau

Post by tins » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am

[quote=katiezoe post_id=1608803 time=1520950650 user_id=186885]
Thanks. Came through bang on 8 weeks so

congrats after biometric how long did u wait? then they just email all u documents?