ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help about family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AmigoToto
Newly Registered
Portugal

Help about family Permit

Post by AmigoToto » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello friends,

This is my situation.I have been living in the UK for 5 years now. 2years ago I invited my parents to the Uk, through the joint invitation by myself and my wife who is an EEA Citizen.However, my situation has changed as I have also become an EU citizen as well.

My father is currently needing a prostate cancer treatment. I am thinking of him going for radiotherapy in other parts of EUROPE where treatment might be cheaper but I am also planning to have him to stay with me post-treatment. I am thinking of applying for a family permit as a dependent family member for him, the reason being that he will be able to receive better care whilst living with me and can easily go for his check-ups in any country of choice he is to have his intervention done. I am currently a full-time student.

Please help, I really don't know which route to go. Either apply for a 6 months visa, which would mean he would have to leave after 6 months and reapply from Africa.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Help about family Permit

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:25 pm

He can apply for an EEA family permit if he is a dependent family member. Will be able to apply for a residence card upon entry.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

AmigoToto
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by AmigoToto » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:25 pm
He can apply for an EEA family permit if he is a dependent family member. Will be able to apply for a residence card upon entry.
Thanks Obie for your reply.
My fear is that I do not have evidence at the moment of him being dependent on me. I have been sending money but not constantly and more often than not to my Mum. That's my dilemma.

AmigoToto
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by AmigoToto » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:09 pm

He has been referred by the doctor from Africa for a radiotherapy. All his medical report has been sent to me.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:37 pm

AmigoToto wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:09 pm
He has been referred by the doctor from Africa for a radiotherapy. All his medical report has been sent to me.
He may succeed depending on the circumstance and how their essential needs have been met in the country from which they are coming.

Only those dependent family member in the ascending line who need the support of the EEA national to meet their essential needs will be entitled to an EEA family permit.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

AmigoToto
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by AmigoToto » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Thank you Obie.