ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (G) - Renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

williampereira0906
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (G) - Renewal

Post by williampereira0906 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:52 am

Good Morning,

I was trying to find a topic related to this but could not find it.

I have some questions as below about the documents that I`ll need to provide:

- your certificate of sponsorship reference number - Does my employer needs to provide a new COS for me or can I use the old one? If I could use the old one, does my employer needs to be active or his licence can be expired?
- proof of your knowledge of English - Do I need to do a new test? Does my wife needs to do it as well?
- a bank or building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you) - Ok
- a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel - you need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa - Ok
- expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history - Ok
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country - Ok NR
- a criminal record certificate - if you’re working with vulnerable people - Ok NR

Thanks a lot,

Will

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (G) - Renewal

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am

- your certificate of sponsorship reference number - Does my employer needs to provide a new COS for me or can I use the old one? If I could use the old one, does my employer needs to be active or his licence can be expired?
You need a new CoS. You cannot use the 'old' one. Your employer must be active. They will not be able to sponsor you if their license has expired.
- proof of your knowledge of English - Do I need to do a new test? Does my wife needs to do it as well?
Not for your dependent. Don't think for you either for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

williampereira0906
Newly Registered

Post by williampereira0906 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am
You need a new CoS. You cannot use the 'old' one. Your employer must be active. They will not be able to sponsor you if their license has expired.
Not for your dependent. Don't think for you either for an extension.
Thanks for the answer. So my employer will need to advert the job again and do all the process to generate a new CoS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am

RLMT is NOT required if you are applying for an extension with the same sponsor in the same job.

You need an unrestricted CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

williampereira0906
Newly Registered

Post by williampereira0906 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks for your time. You are really helpful.

Jayjolly

Post by Jayjolly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am
RLMT is NOT required if you are applying for an extension with the same sponsor in the same job.

You need an unrestricted CoS.
I have a Restriced CoS issued to me when I started with the company. Can my sponsor renew this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 am

Jayjolly wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 am
I have a Restriced CoS issued to me when I started with the company. Can my sponsor renew this?
Please ask your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)