ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Infertility treatment under NHS for Tier 2

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noffy1111
Newly Registered

Infertility treatment under NHS for Tier 2

Post by noffy1111 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi,

I gone through various threads but could not find out the answer to my query and had to still post it. I am on Tier 2 ICT (12 months) Visa and same is my wife as a dependent on the same category Visa. We are referred by our GP to hospital for infertility treatment and Doctor at hospital has recommended to proceed with IVF. But they are not aware if we will get the funding from NHS for free IVF. I came to UK in Nov 2013 and my wife joined me in Dec 2013. Doctor said they have to check with Senior people and other department to check if we are entitled for free IVF treatment unedr NHS funding or else we have to pay. They have asked for my VISA documents to check back. Could you please throw some light on the issue? My visa is expiring Oct 2014.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Infertility treatment under NHS for Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 am

Due to the large costs of IVF treatment and not all NHS Trusts providing the service or free even to British citizens, I would be very surprised if you are successful in obtaining it for free given that your visa is also of such a short validity. You will probably need to pay for the treatment and your case will likely be referred to the NHS Trust Board for a decision, which could take several weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noffy1111
Newly Registered

Post by noffy1111 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Thanks! Lets see till where it goes.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:42 pm

You are not ordinarily UK resident, and they'll charge you for this service.
These days NHS is getting very strict upon charging people for their services for non-immigrants. One of my friend had a baby and he has been living in UK for 3-4 years, but the time of birth his visa application was due in home office. Since then NHS is keep sending him letters about the cost. If you can afford IVF, go back to your home country for this treatment. It will be cheaper and better service....
I know my 2 friends who's wives got it done with no joy and one friend's wife, she's had ectopic pregnancy twice and the tube was burst. NHS did operation cleanup, but removed the good tube rather than the burst one and then afterwards offered free IVF.
So don't think NHS is very good, check for other options as well....and good luck with the treatment...

amitc

Post by amitc » Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 am

Few NHS trusts offer free IVF for the first child to UK citizens. For second child it is chargeable and also chargeable for temporary UK residents. Please be clear with NHS trust regarding the cost of IVF before you start treatment or else you may end up paying more than 5 grand for treatment.

If you are lucky then might get it for free so no harm trying your luck. If not success then India IVF is cheap with good success rate.

I am working in NHS and this opinion is based on few patients I have seen here.

Baloch
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baloch » Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello .im quite new here .actually I'm non uk member.im on spouse visa .But my husband has British passport.im on infertility treatment but they want me to recommend for ivf .is anyone got ivf treatment on spouse visa.please reply .

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Baloch wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm
Hello .im quite new here .actually I'm non uk member.im on spouse visa .But my husband has British passport.im on infertility treatment but they want me to recommend for ivf .is anyone got ivf treatment on spouse visa.please reply .
You have tagged your question onto the end of a 4 year old inactive thread. Member noffy1111 only posted on the forum twice and hasn't logged on since Mar 23, 2014.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.