ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-country T1E Dependant Maintenance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

In-country T1E Dependant Maintenance

Post by snt » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:21 am

I am in the UK on T1E 200k for a little more than an year now. I got 2 dependants (my wife and a child).

We have recently been blessed with two (02) boys and need to make their visa application.

I have got a couple of questions regarding the maintenance.

1. Since I will be making application for the new additions only, do I need to show maintenance for whole family (£1,890 x 4 = £7,560 + £630 = £8,190) OR just the new additions and me (£1,890 x 2 = £3,780 + £630 = £4,410).

2. as I see my UK bank account, there is an occasion in last 90 days where the funds have fallen below the required maintenance amount. Can a foreign bank account be shown as a proof of maintenance fundns OR does it have to be a local bank account?

3. I already asked about the recent timelines in the pinned post for such applications but that thread seems dead. I will appreciate if someone could share their recent experiences.

TIA!

marcnath

Re: In-country T1E Dependant Maintenance

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 am

Congratulations on the new arrivals.

1. Just for the dependants - £1260
2. Yes, I haven't seen anything in the rules that says it has to be a UK bank account

Were they born in the UK ?
If so, just curious why you are applying for the dependant visa ? Are you planning to travel ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 am

2. Yes, I haven't seen anything in the rules that says it has to be a UK bank account

If so, just curious why you are applying for the dependant visa ? Are you planning to travel ?
Thanks! yes, they were born in the UK. Yes, we plan to travel hence looking to get their visa sorted.

£1260. isn't it applicable (£630 each) after you have stayed for two (02) years? In my case, it is only a little over one (01) year on moving in. as per my understanding from the rules (no. 69 - 72), it would be £1,890 each until we have stayed for two (02) years. can you clarify?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

snt wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm
marcnath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 am

Thanks! yes, they were born in the UK. Yes, we plan to travel hence looking to get their visa sorted.

£1260. isn't it applicable (£630 each) after you have stayed for two (02) years? In my case, it is only a little over one (01) year on moving in. as per my understanding from the rules (no. 69 - 72), it would be £1,890 each until we have stayed for two (02) years. can you clarify?
Not sure where you get that from.
The PBS guidance says:

70. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have £630 to support yourself.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:11 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

The PBS guidance says:

70. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have £630 to support yourself.
I agree but here we are talking about support/maintenance for kids (child). isn't it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:13 pm

snt wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:11 pm
marcnath wrote:

The PBS guidance says:

I agree but here we are talking about support/maintenance for kids (child). isn't it?
Who is applying for a PBS Dependent visa isn't it??? Why do you believe it is different to the guidance notes??

You are applying within the UK, the website and guidance is clear.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members
Savings
You must show that your dependants can be supported while they’re in the UK.

Each dependant must have a certain amount of money available to them - this is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.

The amount depends on your circumstances. You must have £1,890 for each dependant if you’re applying from outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months. If you’ve been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £630 for each dependant.

You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:13 pm
snt wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:11 pm
marcnath wrote:

The PBS guidance says:

Who is applying for a PBS Dependent visa isn't it??? Why do you believe it is different to the guidance notes??

You are applying within the UK, the website and guidance is clear.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members
Savings
You must show that your dependants can be supported while they’re in the UK.

Each dependant must have a certain amount of money available to them - this is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.

The amount depends on your circumstances. You must have £1,890 for each dependant if you’re applying from outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months. If you’ve been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £630 for each dependant.

You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply.
got that. thanks!! wasn't reading aloud probably :)