ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need to provide back up for the immigration history?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mengnan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR final confirmation please

Post by mengnan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Dear All,

I have booked the premium services centre for the ILR application. Please could someone help with the following queries?

1. My initial Tier 2 visa was issued on 22 Aug 2013. Is it correct that I will be qualified for an ILR from 25 Jul 2018?
2. I am living in London but due to availabilities of premium services centres, I've booked my appointment in Belfast. Would that be an issue?
3. I was technically unemployed for five days between two employers. However, the new Tier 2 visa was granted before the end of first employment. Therefore there is no gap on the Tier 2 visas. Would that be an issue under the new rule for the removal of 60-day grace period?
4. For all reference lettters, do they have to be dated within one month?
5. Is it correct that I cannot use the online application if I am applying through the premium services centre. This means I will have to print out SET O form and manually fill it and bring it to the appointment?

Thanks very much everyone,
John

Echoes

Re: Tier 2 to ILR final confirmation please

Post by Echoes » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:42 pm

1. Correct.
2. Not a problem.
3. Not a problem.
4. The letters from your current employer should be dated within 30 days of the application. Any letters from previous employers can be dated within the period you worked for them.
5. You can use the online form as long as you haven’t already booked a PSC appointment. The online form provides you an opportunity to choose postal or premium service before you make payment.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Post by mengnan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I used the link from premium services centre directly. Do you think that I should cancel my current appointment and resubmit an online application? I am unsure if that would result some issues.

Thanks,
John

mengnan
Newly Registered

Post by mengnan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:57 pm

I just realise I might lose my appointment time slot if I cancel it now.

On my booking confirmation page. It has two pdfs to download.

1. Checklist.
2. SET (O) - Settlement - other application form: this is just a summary of my personal information and payment confirmation. Don't really understand why it's called other application form.

Is that right that I have to print a SET O form separately and manually fill it?

Thanks,
John

Echoes

Post by Echoes » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:07 pm

If you cancel your appointment, you’ll lose your slot and you’ll have to pay the fee again. Fees paid for your current appointment will be refunded but that may take some time.

I believe the document you’re talking about is incorrectly labelled as SET (O) form on appointment booking website. You need to download and fill in the latest SET (O) form. Also, don’t forget to take your appointment booking checklist to the PSC as you’ll be asked for it as a proof of payment.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Post by mengnan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:58 pm

The 'application form' is currently labbeled as 'application for SET (O) - Settlement – other'.

I will continue with my current appointment as long as this 'Settlement - other' would not cause any confusion during my actual application appointment.

Thanks for your reply!
John

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 am

A reminder that you apply for settlement selecting Tier 2 and not "other" which is for a different visa route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Post by mengnan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:00 am

Hi CR001, thanks for your reply. I've tried again by choosing SET O - Tier 2, it got automatically confirmed to be SET O - Settlement - Others before the payment page. I don't think there is any other option.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 am

I was referring to the paper form. Not the appointment booking or online form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Post by mengnan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi CR001, so as long as I take the correct paper application SET O form. What the online summary says doesn't really matter?

One last question please, on the online premium services centre appointment summary, it says 'Date of Application' being the actual date when I make the online appointment. This is like 1.5 month early than my appointment date. I take this wouldn't have any impact on the application? Should I write a cover letter to explain this?

Thanks,
John

Echoes

Post by Echoes » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:33 am

Your appointment date is the actual application date. No need to write a letter about this.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Post by mengnan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:56 pm

Thank you very much for all of your replies, all the best.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Do we need to provide back up for the immigration history?

Post by mengnan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi All,

I understand that we won't get a visa stamp every time we leave the UK and sometimes we don't have a passport stamp if you go through those automatic gate at your home country.

Therefore I am just wondering do we need to provide further back up for the immigration history?

Thanks.

mengnan
Newly Registered

Re: Do we need to provide back up for the immigration history?

Post by mengnan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Can someone help this query please? Thanks a lot!

Akorotaeva

Re: Do we need to provide back up for the immigration history?

Post by Akorotaeva » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:23 am

You don't need to provide anything extra.

But if possible, have printouts of your flight tickets or boarding passess on you just in case.