ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Spouse Schengen Visa Refusal

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mariamir
Newly Registered

EU Spouse Schengen Visa Refusal

Post by mariamir » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I read some of the cases in the forum and I realised that unfortunately my case is not the only one.

I am Italian, my husband is Pakistani and we live in London.

My husband has obtained a residence card as EU spouse back in 2015.

In November 2016 my husband applied for a tourist visa for Denmark. We know that we can travel without visa but as none of us trusts the Schengen area, we decided that he would be better for him to have a free visa anyway.

Application for visa done, one week later the Danish embassy called my husband to tell him that one country required more checks on him. Let's underline now that my husband has been living in the UK for 7 years and he has visited the EU a lot of times with 4 Schengen visas granted in the past.

Time went by, the day before our supposed travel to Denmark my husband received a refusal from Denmark due to security reasons, box ticked and no explanation provided.

The Danish authority did not tell us the specific reason for the alert even if they knew that my husband is an EU spouse. Not checking what the nature of the alert was and not corresponding quickly with the author of the alert, the Danish authority breached the terms of the Schengen Convention and my husband's rights under Directive 2004/38.

Shocked by this refusal, my husband appealed the decision.

In the meantime he had an important business meeting in Warsaw and I had been forced to take days off from work and go with him, no issues at the borders there.

A couple of weeks later we also had to travel to Italy for Christmas, luckily no issues there either.

My husband is a security threat but he can travel anyway, so much logic behind all this.

Our rage though has not diminished with the time passing by.

One month ago, four months after the appeal was sent, Denmark sent us him a mail saying that maybe there had been a mistake and the Immigration Services had to check on his case again.

Today, almost 5 months later, the Danish Embassy has called my husband and asked him to go for a one hour interview to discuss his previous travels.

Now, all this situation seems to me absolutely out of this world, however I know it's not. I'm trying to consult a lawyer because I had enough of all this and I have been informed by the EU that there has been at least one similar case that ended in court and they suggested me to talk to a lawyer.

If anybody has any suggestions it would be very helpful as sometimes I just feel like screaming.

shakeel2017
Newly Registered

Re: EU Spouse Schengen Visa Refusal

Post by shakeel2017 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi h r u. i hope your are fine. i am in the same situation and searching the similar story like me. i have found you to share my story about danish visa. i also applied danish visa in september 2016 and got refusal by on the reason no:6 in refusal letter. i am spouse of eea national and living in uk 6 years.
the reason is same as yours like,,,, one or more member state consider me thread to public and security. I also did appeal . Last month receive a letter from danish immigration and integration to wait more month as case is under process. i also have hired lawyer from denmark. I also have travelled to denmark recently with my spouse. My lawyer is defending me in appeal process. 8 months have passed, no response and no interview call. your husband attended interview . would you like to tell me about interview question? we are in the same boat. kindly contact me. on my persona number on mobile phone number removed by moderator to discuss more. i can give you more tips to win this case.
my email is: email address removed by moderator
i would be very happy if you contact or reply here,
regards

shakeel2017
Newly Registered

Post by shakeel2017 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 pm

to y mariamir
i also have visited many eu countries. good travel history. nothing have done since living in UK. but danish embassy refused visa on puclic and security thread. that is totally wrong and unlawful. I would be happy if you contact me to share experience and information.

shakeel
email address and mobile number removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:52 pm

shakeel2017 wrote:to y mariamir
i also have visited many eu countries. good travel history. nothing have done since living in UK. but danish embassy refused visa on puclic and security thread. that is totally wrong and unlawful. I would be happy if you contact me to share experience and information.

shakeel
email address and mobile number removed by moderator
Strongly suggest you read the forum rules if you wish to be a member of the forum. Posting of ANY form of contact info (social/phone/email etc) is NOT permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:42 am

The decision is not legal. I was in the same back in 2012. Same decison was received by embassy of Belgium in Pakistan. These kind of decisions are normal for Asians.

They told me Switzerland is refusing my entery. But no reason was given my swiss. I contacted with Swiss authorties and tbey told me there is no alert in SIS database against my name.

After that i got Schnegen visa from Netherlands without having any problem.

If you people are traveling without having any problem it means there is no alert against ur name in SIS database. I advise forget about Denmark and try get schengen visa from any other EU country.

They are just waisting ur time and money.
Regards,
Waqas

shakeel2017
Newly Registered

Post by shakeel2017 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:58 pm

thanx waqas:

would you like time when you got nethreland visa? when you applied for netherland embassy for visa , did told them about prevoius visa refusal by belgium embassy? or did told them that you contact to swiss embassy and there was not any alert in SIS?
usaually all schengen countries stores all informaiton till 5 years. so would you like to tell that you got netherland visa after 5 years or after your first refusal from beguim embassy.
regards

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Shakeel,

I got Netherlands visa back in 2014. I did not told them about refusal from Belgium and SIS alert. I got visa from Netherlands within 2 years after refusal.

The visa process was very simple they did not require any further information. You can also for SIS information from Denmark. But i advise just apply for another Schengen country and see the result.

Regards,
Waqas

shakeel2017
Newly Registered

Post by shakeel2017 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 pm

thank you waqas:
so what would you suggest me? should i apply visa for other schengen country. i got refusal from denmar in october 2016 and appeal is still in process.
I have recieved my all information in SIS.. there is nothing against my name.
if i apply other country, there may b refusal becuase of denamark refual.
kindly give me advice how you got visa? are living in Uk or pakistan. i am in UK

regards

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Shakeel i advise you apply Schengen visa for another country. I applied visa from Pakistan. As per my personal experience if you your circumstances are change it will not effect your future application.

In your case you are not threat for national security and your name is not in SIS list so you dont need worry about that.

The Decision was illegal.

Imran44
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Imran44 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:16 am

I need to seek advice on my Schengen visa refusal: I am a family member of EU citizen and I’m a regular traveler to Schengen area, hold many multiple Schengen visas, 10 years valid UK visa and holder of Canada PR.
But my visa was refused from Spanish Embassy on basis of “one or more member state consider you to be threat to public policy, internal security, public health as defined in Article 2(19) of regulations (EC) No. 562/2006 (Schengen Border Code) or the international relations of one or more of the member states'

What shall I do?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:36 am

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your Refusal.

You can appeal, re-apply to the same embassy or another one. Unfortunately there are the only options.

You can also request your info held in the SIS.

Where is your residence?
Imran44 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:16 am
I need to seek advice on my Schengen visa refusal: I am a family member of EU citizen and I’m a regular traveler to Schengen area, hold many multiple Schengen visas, 10 years valid UK visa and holder of Canada PR.
But my visa was refused from Spanish Embassy on basis of “one or more member state consider you to be threat to public policy, internal security, public health as defined in Article 2(19) of regulations (EC) No. 562/2006 (Schengen Border Code) or the international relations of one or more of the member states'

What shall I do?