ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2018 restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londondreams2018
India

Re: July 2018 restricted COS

Post by londondreams2018 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Sunjam wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:45 pm
43K 2K Allowance Visa Granted ! Non SOL Non PhD .
I am in UK on Tier 2 ICT dependant and my company is sponsoring me Tier 2 General , not sure if that adds any point .
Cheers !

Being in U.K does not matter or contribute to any points. May I ask if the allowance you have is fixed or variable?

Sunjam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sunjam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm

londondreams2018 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 pm
Sunjam wrote:
I am in UK on Tier 2 ICT dependant and my company is sponsoring me Tier 2 General , not sure if that adds any point .
Cheers !

Being in U.K does not matter or contribute to any points. May I ask if the allowance you have is fixed or variable?
Well it is not included in my yearly pay , it is basically moving allowance. I can claim only if I submit my moving expenses . I don't know how they have projected this allowance while submitting the application .

naomi229
Newly Registered
India

Post by naomi229 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

NHS doctor. Got my COS! Finally!
They have issued an unrestricted COS for doctors.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Sunjam wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm
londondreams2018 wrote:
Sunjam wrote:
Cheers !

Well it is not included in my yearly pay , it is basically moving allowance. I can claim only if I submit my moving expenses . I don't know how they have projected this allowance while submitting the application .
This allowance is one that is not counted for the purpose of salary for RCoS. I hope you sponsor has not made something up to over inflate your 'income'.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_v1.0.pdf
26.18 The salary package on the CoS must not include:
• bonus or incentive pay which is not guaranteed
• employer pension contributions
• other payments which cannot be guaranteed
• overtime pay, whether or not overtime is guaranteed
• allowances to cover business expenses including (but not limited to)
training, hotels and business travel within the UK, or travel to and from the
migrant’s country of residence or home country
• one-off payments, such as those associated with the cost of relocation,
which do not form part of the migrant’s regular salary package

• any payments or allowances (whether monetary or in-kind) for which the
migrant must reimburse the sponsor
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sunjam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sunjam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm
Sunjam wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm
londondreams2018 wrote:
Sunjam wrote:
Cheers !

This allowance is one that is not counted for the purpose of salary for RCoS. I hope you sponsor has not made something up to over inflate your 'income'.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_v1.0.pdf
26.18 The salary package on the CoS must not include:
• bonus or incentive pay which is not guaranteed
• employer pension contributions
• other payments which cannot be guaranteed
• overtime pay, whether or not overtime is guaranteed
• allowances to cover business expenses including (but not limited to)
training, hotels and business travel within the UK, or travel to and from the
migrant’s country of residence or home country
• one-off payments, such as those associated with the cost of relocation,
which do not form part of the migrant’s regular salary package

• any payments or allowances (whether monetary or in-kind) for which the
migrant must reimburse the sponsor
If thts the case thn 43 is my points ( which is granted) . Or they might have increased my salary to 45K removing 2K allowance ( which I am not aware ) . Its good to have a salary hike for the sake of Visa, without my knowledge ;)

ChanCaal20
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by ChanCaal20 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Had to post - our solicitor confirmed that one of their RCoS requests was approved at 41points, I have been waiting at 30 points and she promised to inform should they get approvals for under 45...

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:32 pm

ChanCaal20 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 pm
Had to post - our solicitor confirmed that one of their RCoS requests was approved at 41points, I have been waiting at 30 points and she promised to inform should they get approvals for under 45...
Great news! Thanks for sharing :)

londondreams2018
India

Post by londondreams2018 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:40 pm

ChanCaal20 wrote:
Thank you for posting. It's really nice of you to make everyone aware. Good
Luck. May you get your approval soon.

engineer201832
United States of America

Post by engineer201832 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm

ChanCaal20 wrote:
This is great news. Thanks for posting! I am waiting at 30 pts as well. Great to hear this :) :) Soo happy. I've been waiting since december!

movchange
Newly Registered
India

Post by movchange » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:02 pm

thisB wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:32 pm
ChanCaal20 wrote:
Great news! Thanks for sharing :)
Was this Non SOL.. Non NHS ?

hpr0716
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by hpr0716 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm
ChanCaal20 wrote:
This is great news. Thanks for posting! I am waiting at 30 pts as well. Great to hear this :) :) Soo happy. I've been waiting since december!
This is amazing! I am waiting at 30pts too! This month really looks quite positive, hopefully we can all get RCoS next month!!!!

m2rkk
Newly Registered

Post by m2rkk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:28 pm

I can categorically say 100% that we are through with 43 points. Salary was 43K non NHS, non sol, points were 20 RMLT and 23 points for salary.

Have been waiting since December. Good luck all.

anilisanil
Mood:

Post by anilisanil » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:35 pm

m2rkk wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:28 pm
I can categorically say 100% that we are through with 43 points. Salary was 43K non NHS, non sol, points were 20 RMLT and 23 points for salary.

Have been waiting since December. Good luck all.
Great news!! Congrats mate!!

I think the visa system was systematically attacked and arm wrung to get doctors and nurses off the cap, a good deed, but people like us have had to suffer!! But good that it is finally over!!

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Those who are waiting for last 7/8 months, can you confirm how many times did your employer was sent queries and when?

In my case, my employer received queries in November and since then it's being refused. Now, my employer received queries this month directly after December!

In FOI figures, HO always provide information of 'granted' and 'refused' but not 'rejected' ones!

I can now understand why point is dropping to 41 even though there is a huge backlog. The applicants were getting refused in each band below 45 for last 8 months. However, their applications were never verified.

This month, HO is sending queries and verifying applications below 45 level too. This means a lot of applications may have been 'rejected' or kept on 'pending' to next month due to non submission of information to queries.

So, valid and verified applications are being granted. That means not the whole lot had valid applications and that's the reason the cut-off is dropping.

engineer201832
United States of America

Post by engineer201832 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm

tej_san wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:03 pm
Those who are waiting for last 7/8 months, can you confirm how many times did your employer was sent queries and when?

In my case, my employer received queries in November and since then it's being refused. Now, my employer received queries this month directly after December!

In FOI figures, HO always provide information of 'granted' and 'refused' but not 'rejected' ones!

I can now understand why point is dropping to 41 even though there is a huge backlog. The applicants were getting refused in each band below 45 for last 8 months. However, their applications were never verified.

This month, HO is sending queries and verifying applications below 45 level too. This means a lot of applications may have been 'rejected' or kept on 'pending' to next month due to non submission of information to queries.

So, valid and verified applications are being granted. That means not the whole lot had valid applications and that's the reason the cut-off is dropping.
I understand what you're saying. However, Having been on this forum since December, I have seen instances where applications have had queries from HO for their application even though they were well bellow the threshold for the month.

I don't know what other people's opinion is though and if other people have had queries on their application when they did not meet closely to the threshold for the month

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:17 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm
tej_san wrote:

I understand what you're saying. However, Having been on this forum since December, I have seen instances where applications have had queries from HO for their application even though they were well bellow the threshold for the month.

I don't know what other people's opinion is though and if other people have had queries on their application when they did not meet closely to the threshold for the month
Yeah, it's been hit and miss for us. More often than not though, they have asked for more information.

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
tej_san wrote:

I doubt if everyone received queries. One of my friends's employer is trying for RCoS for last 3 months at 31 points and it's being refused. However, his employer never received queries yet! I don't think his application is verified without submitting any documents!

engineer201832
United States of America

Post by engineer201832 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm

tej_san wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
tej_san wrote:

I doubt if everyone received queries. One of my friends's employer is trying for RCoS for last 3 months at 31 points and it's being refused. However, his employer never received queries yet! I don't think his application is verified without submitting any documents!
Not everyone is going to received queries from HO or need to provide additional docs. Only sometimes does HO ask for more information if they have questions or need more information for the application. I am unsure if they do this if they know the application has points way below the threshold

However I have seen instances in the past few months where the the threshold is at 50-55 pts for the month and people with 30-40 pts are getting requests for more information for their application.

Sachu
Mood:
India

Post by Sachu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm

hpr0716 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm
ChanCaal20 wrote:
This is amazing! I am waiting at 30pts too! This month really looks quite positive, hopefully, we can all get RCoS next month!!!!
What a magical month July has been so far.. the points have now fallen to 41 and it conveys that people waiting at 30-40 points are very likely to get through next month. It seems the desperate wait for the past 8 months is going to end. Finally, something to cheer up to all of us.
Congratulations to all who got their approvals this month and best of luck for all who are still waiting like me.

Regards

belmonte
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by belmonte » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a question. I've been following this board from the last 4 months. I've applied twice to get RCoS, but both have been refused. I suppose I have 38 points. No NHS, No Phd, No shortlist occupation. So, my employer needs to re-do the RLMT. In this case, should I participate in the whole process again or do they just need to advertise and that's all?

I mean, should I need to re-apply to the job position, do everything again or it is unnecessary?

Thanks for the help.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:06 pm

tej_san wrote:

I don't think so. If they needed more information they would have requested before 10th July. Since it has happened to you that doesn't mean that it's the same scenario with others as well. Having said that your point will get confirmed once the other with 45 gets rejection.

anilisanil
Mood:

Post by anilisanil » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:16 pm

belmonte wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I've been following this board from the last 4 months. I've applied twice to get RCoS, but both have been refused. I suppose I have 38 points. No NHS, No Phd, No shortlist occupation. So, my employer needs to re-do the RLMT. In this case, should I participate in the whole process again or do they just need to advertise and that's all?

I mean, should I need to re-apply to the job position, do everything again or it is unnecessary?

Thanks for the help.
Short answer is no.

Long answer is also no. :)

Kat259
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kat259 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm

The secondary school teacher again. I posted yesterday about my questions. We heard today I’ve been rejected, however, they told us to apply again. Is that a good sign?

I am non-SOL, non-NHS and was sitting at 29 points.

With the redo I am now at 30 points as they have upped my salary and have also redone the RLMT. I’m so much more optimistic reading through people’s posts. We can do this everyone!

UKdecapp2017
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by UKdecapp2017 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm

belmonte wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.
Hi, the answer will be no.
I am just confused, and I have some questions for you:
Have you been refused for this month, July, and they will re-run the RLMT because is expired? or It was in June and you are waiting for the RLMT to be done to re-apply for RCOS?

Also, can you confirm your base salary please?

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm
tej_san wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
tej_san wrote:

Not everyone is going to received queries from HO or need to provide additional docs. Only sometimes does HO ask for more information if they have questions or need more information for the application. I am unsure if they do this if they know the application has points way below the threshold

However I have seen instances in the past few months where the the threshold is at 50-55 pts for the month and people with 30-40 pts are getting requests for more information for their application.
Are you sure? How then HO verifies applications without going through the docs. I've seen the screenshots of the SMS system and there is not much an employer can submit. Also, there are no ways to upload documents as attachments. Only 2 boxes where employer writes RLMT procedure, which is never full proof.

Can anyone throw some light on this?