ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best time to call dependent..

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Best time to call dependent..

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi All
Please share your valuable thoughts about my following query.
My intial visa was granted on 1/4/14
I successfully got extension on 17/7/18
I want to call my dependent
As i will be eligible for ilr on 5 years on 1/3/19 and eligible for long residency ilr on 15/4/19.
When shall i apply for my mrs, now or wait for ilr and apply afterwards
If i apply now and get her visa do i have to change her visa after my ilr or can she keep the same visa
Please share your valuable thoughts keeping in mind about 5 years dependent clock
@marcnath your kind advise is always much appreciated
Any questions or miss understandings please allow me to clearify as i dont want to consult a solicitor and pay for this
Many thanx
Saeed

marcnath

Re: Best time to call dependent..

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Saeedjansaeed wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm
Hi All
Please share your valuable thoughts about my following query.
My intial visa was granted on 1/4/14
I successfully got extension on 17/7/18
I want to call my dependent
As i will be eligible for ilr on 5 years on 1/3/19 and eligible for long residency ilr on 15/4/19.
When shall i apply for my mrs, now or wait for ilr and apply afterwards
If i apply now and get her visa do i have to change her visa after my ilr or can she keep the same visa
Please share your valuable thoughts keeping in mind about 5 years dependent clock
@marcnath your kind advise is always much appreciated
Any questions or miss understandings please allow me to clearify as i dont want to consult a solicitor and pay for this
Many thanx
Saeed
Guess that depends on what your criteria/concern is.

If you apply for your partner's visa now, it will be granted until the expiry date of your current extension (so July 20, I guess)

If you then go for the 5 year ILR, there is no impact on your wife's visa. She can continue until Jul '20 and renew it as a PBS dependant again until she completes 5 years.

If you go for 10 year route, your wife will need to change her visa one you get your ILR and start the 5 year period from then.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 am

thanx alot Marc for your kind reply as usual
what would be your suggestion, shall i go for 5 years ilr (from above circumstances) or long residency keeping in mind the facts that they are only a month or so apart from each other and also keeping in mind the current situation of HO taking very long on certain visas?
what is the difference between 5 year and long residency, which one will people find less scrutiny in?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:59 am

Saeedjansaeed wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 am
thanx alot Marc for your kind reply as usual
what would be your suggestion, shall i go for 5 years ilr (from above circumstances) or long residency keeping in mind the facts that they are only a month or so apart from each other and also keeping in mind the current situation of HO taking very long on certain visas?
what is the difference between 5 year and long residency, which one will people find less scrutiny in?
10 year needs less documentation, you can use premium service so maybe even get same day approval.

But it resets your dependent's 5 year clock.

So you need to decide.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

cutegirl21
India

Post by cutegirl21 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

Hi Marcnath,

Let say if he apply for his wife know as a tier 1 dependen and get his visa till 2020, Is it mandatory for his Mrs to change the visa asap once he will get ILR on 10 years route ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:15 am

cutegirl21 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am
Hi Marcnath,

Let say if he apply for his wife know as a tier 1 dependen and get his visa till 2020, Is it mandatory for his Mrs to change the visa asap once he will get ILR on 10 years route ?
See the rules in the link below regarding PBS Dependents of ILR Long Residence applicants.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html

She won't be able to apply for ILR as a PBS Dependent if you apply via the long residence route. She must switch visa category, which will reset her clock to zero, so the sooner that is done, the sooner her clock for ILR will start.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.