ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of 4 - 1 son got ILR before us

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Family of 4 - 1 son got ILR before us

Post by khalidhaku » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Dear all,

I got DLR in July 2012 and extended for next 3 years on Dec 15 and my ILR due in Dec 18. I came in this country with my family wife and two sons on visit visa. Applied political asylum which was refused and after 3-1/2 years got DLR (6 years route) in 2012 on out of immigration rule.

My married son applied ILR PSC separate and got his ILR on 20 Jul 18. (we mutually decided coz not sure about Set (o) form for all family as on Asylum).

Now me, wife and 1 son applied PSC and got appointment in the first week of Sep 2018.

I am bit scared coz Last year me and my wife and 1 son went to Pakistan and worried about grant of ILR to us whereas my one son got his ILR as my dependent.

Please let me know any idea or can they ask any question of PSC day for my travel to Pakistan?

Thanks & Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Family of 4 - 1 son got ILR before us

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:56 pm

The settlement under DLR is based on the assumption that you still qualify for DLR. If because of your travel to Pakistan, HO concludes that you are no longer eligible to be granted DLR then the settlement will not be granted.
There may be cases where it is clear that the basis for the (continuing) grant of DL is temporary. Settlement should not normally be granted if there is a clear basis for considering that within 12 months the factors giving rise to the grant of DL will cease to apply
Guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:56 pm
The settlement under DLR is based on the assumption that you still qualify for DLR. If because of your travel to Pakistan, HO concludes that you are no longer eligible to be granted DLR then the settlement will not be granted.
There may be cases where it is clear that the basis for the (continuing) grant of DL is temporary. Settlement should not normally be granted if there is a clear basis for considering that within 12 months the factors giving rise to the grant of DL will cease to apply
Guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
Dear Zimba,
Thanks for reply.

But my eldest son got ILR last week whereas he is dependent on my application. His application separate with two reasons, one is we did't have sufficient funds at that time secondly we don't know about set (o) form on asylum application, we took chance applied same form and he got it.

I spoke with a solicitor today and they said your asylum application was refused and you have been granted 3 years DLR on out of immigration rule and no restriction on travel, so don't to be worry.

I am still worried coz you said different and solicitor said different. Please please let me know more clear if any respected member have some information.

Best Regards

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Dear respected following members,

Please see my above post and I need your kind advise:

luqi2020

azharmahmood

Afrapasse

Muji87

Thanks & Regards,

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:49 am

khalidhaku wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm

luqi2020

azharmahmood

Afrapasse

Muji87

Thanks & Regards,

I think the main point of worry for you is that you applied for political asylum and was eventually granted discretionary leave. Although there was no restriction on travelling and returning, the home office will not be expecting you to travel to Pakistan if your initial asylum application was based on you wanting to leave Pakistan. By travelling to Pakistan, you have shown the HO that Pakistan is now safe for you and your family. I guess your son that got his ILR approved did not go to Pakistan with you?
The caseworker might have to use discretion to handle this. Only time will tell what the outcome will be.
Maybe your travel to Pakistan will not be considered as an issue
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:49 am
khalidhaku wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm

luqi2020

azharmahmood

Afrapasse

Muji87

Thanks & Regards,

I think the main point of worry for you is that you applied for political asylum and was eventually granted discretionary leave. Although there was no restriction on travelling and returning, the home office will not be expecting you to travel to Pakistan if your initial asylum application was based on you wanting to leave Pakistan. By travelling to Pakistan, you have shown the HO that Pakistan is now safe for you and your family. I guess your son that got his ILR approved did not go to Pakistan with you?
The caseworker might have to use discretion to handle this. Only time will tell what the outcome will be.
Maybe your travel to Pakistan will not be considered as an issue
Thanks for reply.

Agreed my eldest son did't go Pakistan, the reasons was very genuine my mother was very ill and later she died (I attached her death certificate). My wife mother was also died, her father is too old and healthwise very weak, so she went too to see last time.

I know 4-5 peoples claimed asylum on fear persecution and went to Pakistan 1 or 2 times but now got ILR.

I hope for my ILR coz since grant of leave to remain in the United Kingdom our private life and family connections have continued to strengthen (more than 10 years now).

Regards,

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:43 am

khalidhaku wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 pm
My married son applied ILR PSC separate and got his ILR on 20 Jul 18. (we mutually decided coz not sure about Set (o) form for all family as on Asylum).
They usually regard a married child as being independent from the parents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:43 am
khalidhaku wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 pm
They usually regard a married child as being independent from the parents.
Thanks Vinny. Regards

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:44 pm

khalidhaku wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 am
Agreed my eldest son did't go Pakistan, the reasons was very genuine my mother was very ill and later she died (I attached her death certificate). My wife mother was also died, her father is too old and healthwise very weak, so she went too to see last time.
When people claim asylum, it is generally assumed that if those people dared to return to their home country because of ailing parents (or for whatever reason AT ALL), they would likely shortly lose thier lives upon return or immediately/constantly be in grave danger of losing their live due to direct threat from the government or a regional situation so unstable that that government can't provide protection. By traveling back to that country, and from the statements you are making now, it appears this was not a valid claim. This draws scrutiny on the purpose and validity of your entire stay as well as your right to remain in the United Kingdom.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:34 pm

As mentioned by others, your son is living an independent life. His situation has no bearing on your situation.
Your travel to Pakistan tells the HO that it is not necessary for them to provide protection for you at all and so you have no basis to stay here in the UK on those grounds anymore
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:48 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:34 pm
As mentioned by others, your son is living an independent life. His situation has no bearing on your situation.
Your travel to Pakistan tells the HO that it is not necessary for them to provide protection for you at all and so you have no basis to stay here in the UK on those grounds anymore
Thanks.
I mentioned above 3-4 peoples had same situation like me and got ILR, why these double standard if anyone refuse ILR. Can we highlight these on any other government forum or court if anything happened wrong.

Regards,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:54 pm

It is up to HO to make that decision. We are simply telling that you may get this kind of reasoning from HO

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 am

khalidhaku wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:48 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thanks.
I mentioned above 3-4 peoples had same situation like me and got ILR, why these double standard if anyone refuse ILR. Can we highlight these on any other government forum or court if anything happened wrong.

Regards,
Let us know the outcome of your appointment in September.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 am
khalidhaku wrote:
Zimba wrote:
Thanks.

Regards,
Thanks. Yes, will let you know all respected members. Please pray for us. Regards

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Dear friends,

Good news: We got ILR Premium Service yesterday. Thanks to God no question been asked by HO, before application I was scared coz been to Pakistan.

Thanks all friends for always gives good advise.

Regards

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 am
khalidhaku wrote:
Zimba wrote:
Thanks.

Regards,

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 pm

[quote=khalidhaku post_id=1679037 time=1536430660 user_id=113925]
Dear friends,

Good news: We got ILR Premium Service yesterday. Thanks to God no question been asked by HO, before application I was scared coz been to Pakistan.

Regards

congratulations

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you so much dear respected member,

Regards,
Djsuccess wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 pm
khalidhaku wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:17 pm
Dear friends,

Regards

congratulations