ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lots of trouble with Previous Employer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lawscott1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Previous employer refuses to give official Proof of Employment

Post by lawscott1988 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm apply for naturalisation through the online application process.

One of my previous employers will only give my proof of employment over an email. They will not draft an official document and sign it. Would Home office be fine with just a printer email confirmation? This employer is just outright refusing to give it to me. I'm being ignored by them now.

I still have all my p60s and payslips from that time period, which is about 5 years worth. Are p60s a good enough proof?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Previous employer refuses to give official Proof of Employment

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:42 pm

P60s are ok to submit.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lawscott1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Lots of trouble with Previous Employer

Post by lawscott1988 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi There,

I've posted here before about trying to get a proof of employment from a previous employer and they outright have refused.

I've now requested to get a p60 i'm missing from them to get some record of me having worked that year (since they're not going to give me a proof of employment) and now they are refusing to give me that p60.

Can I pull the new GDPR law on them and say I officially request it because it is information about me? It feels like they are now just withholding information for no reason other than laziness.

Are there any other ways to prove my employment history with an employer who just won't provide anything?

I was thinking of drafting a letter for Home Office with my application with the email correspondence saying that this employer is refusing to provide information.

Would payslips from that period qualify as well?

Can HMRC help with this information?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Lots of trouble with Previous Employer

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:28 pm

You may be able to find this listed in your online tax account - check on HMRC as to how to register and login.
If all else fails, and GDPR is unlikely to be a help, you can always just state the information and provide an explanation why you don't have employment details. And/rr enclose another type of official document (tax correspondence, council tax, probably).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lawscott1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by lawscott1988 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Sweet, i created an online profile at HMRC.

I can see the tax information on there as described. Would it just be a matter of printing this information out? Is that really proof of employment?

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:34 pm

You need to given them in writing and they normally takes 28 days search how to request employment history from HMRC

Or call hmrc they will tell you how you can request

lawscott1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by lawscott1988 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Team,

The reason I was chasing proof of employment was because I thought it was to prove I was in the country.

I just realised on my check-list for the online application that I'm a NON-EEA National and that I only need to include passport for proof of being in the country as I'm an Australian with an Aussie Passport.

So is this whole chasing proof of employment a complete waste of time for me considering it says that I just need to include my passport as NON-EEA national?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Had you stated your nationality in your opening post and ILR route, you would have been advised that it was not necessary. You only need your passports as you state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lawscott1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by lawscott1988 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:21 pm

I didn't even think of it to be fair

People come to these forums because they're not really sure about things!

Anyway I have an aussie flag over there as well ---->

Thanks for the help! Saves me heaps of trouble

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:25 pm

it is a little difficult to give you advice without knowing your circumstances but this board is full of stories where applications were rejected because people provided only the bare minimum for the Home Office. Unfortunately HO staff are not known for their competency.

While with a non-EEA citizenship it's easier to prove your residency in the UK since your passport gets stamped, it helps to provide further information.

You have the luxury of printing off your records from the HMRC website rather than wait for the official paperwork, send your P60s and other paperwork you have anyway and explain your history in the UK with a cover letter. It certainly won't hurt your case.

lawscott1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by lawscott1988 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Great information! Thank you very much!

You guys have been a dream