ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT dependent to Tier2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shrutis
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 ICT dependent to Tier2 general

Post by shrutis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:23 am

Hi,
I am currently working in UK on tier2 ICT dependent visa (my husband has tier 2 ICT long term visa).
There is a company which is ready to offer me sponsorship. can you please let me know if it's possible for me to switch to tier2 general(primary visa applicant) without doing a cooling off? If yes, then can my husband work as my dependent then without having to do a cooling off?
also, If both are yes, then after some time (may be an year or so), Can my husband switch back to his original sponsor(which is our current sponsor) and have his own tier2 general visa(not dependent) without having to do cooling off?

Thanks in advance,
Shruti

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 ICT dependent to Tier2 general

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

There is a company which is ready to offer me sponsorship. can you please let me know if it's possible for me to switch to tier2 general(primary visa applicant) without doing a cooling off?
There is no cooling off period in you are changing visas from PBS Dependent to Tier 2 General. You are not 'switching' which is done within the UK. You are applying for a new entry clearance visa from your home country.
If yes, then can my husband work as my dependent then without having to do a cooling off?
There is no cooling off period in you are changing visas from Tier 2 ICT to to Tier 2 General dependent. He can switch within the UK to dependent visa.
also, If both are yes, then after some time (may be an year or so), Can my husband switch back to his original sponsor(which is our current sponsor) and have his own tier2 general visa(not dependent) without having to do cooling off?
Yes. He will have to be on PBS Dependent visa for the full 12 months and then apply from home country for a new entry clearance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.