ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test requirements for ILR(Expired IELTS ACADEMIC)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muskan ali
Pakistan

English test requirements for ILR(Expired IELTS ACADEMIC)

Post by muskan ali » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi All senior members I need some advice please I am going to apply for ILR based on long residency But confused about English test requirements. In 2008 I came on student visa and gave IELTS ACADEMIC with score 6.5 band and used it for entry clearance.

I also found Test center number (010) and place (Karachi) on UKBA websites In the list of approved test centers

So my Question is IELTS ACADEMIC which I have given in 2008 acceptable or I have to re do the English test?

Thanks for your advice

vinny

Re: English test requirements for ILR(Expired IELTS ACADEMIC)

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:06 am

2.2 wrote:(b) the applicant-
(i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and
(ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
(iii) at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State as specified in Appendix O to these Rules.
Indefinite leave applications wrote:The English language test must have been taken no more than 2 years before the date of application. However, tests that have been taken more than 2 years ago and have since expired, can still be accepted where the qualification:
• is from one of the providers on the current SELT list
• has previously been accepted by us as part of another immigration application,
such as for entry clearance. A qualification that is not from one of the providers on the current SELT list, is not acceptable even if previously accepted by us as part of another application
Applying to settle in the UK wrote:You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter
Warning: Unfortunately, a member on another forum reported having witnessesed a number of cases where the UK BA refused Settlement applications, because the test certificate was over 2 years old, despite applicants relying upon the above.

He noted that the B1 CEFR test at the Trinity College costs £150 and takes 15 minutes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:49 am

It means it’s a best to do test again instead of wasting £3000 for fee , and sometimes UKVI grant leave on 10 years route if somebody does not fulfill English language requirements so better to spend £150 for new test fee.

mrashid10249
Mood:

Post by mrashid10249 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:08 am

I believe for IELTS, to be successful for ILR applications, it must be of SELT type and the test centre should be on the UKVI approved list unless the same certificate was used previously in some previous immigration applications