ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual-citizenship born British query - spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lcyprusforme18
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Dual-citizenship born British query - spouse visa

Post by lcyprusforme18 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 am

I am a born British citizen and have recently applied for Cypriot citizenship from descent (my family are all Greek Cypriot from Cyprus) both sets of grandparents born in Cyprus but my parents were born in UK. I should receive my citizenship by the end of October this month which will mean I will have dual UK-EU nationality.

I am in a long-term relationship with my boyfriend (been together 15 months) and we want to get married. He is a non-EU illegally in the UK. We have been living together since February 2018 and have bills and a tenancy agreement in both our names. I earn well over the £18,600 threshold and I am in full-term employment.

We are seeking advice on whether I am able to use my EU Passport (Cypriot) for his visa as a family member. I know that I am able to use my British passport for a spouse visa but I would like to know if we can apply via EEA route as an EU citizen seeking my non-EU spouse to reside with me in the UK as a family member. Any advice would be really helpful.

We plan to get married in either Cyprus or his home country soon.

Case law we have looked into is McCarthy, Zambrano, Metock and Lounes.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dual-citizenship born British query - spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 am

Please continue in your topic you have started in the EEA Route sub forum.

eea-route-applications/dual-citizenship ... l#p1691321
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.