ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MC kaiser

Re: Financial requirements....

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:39 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:47 am
Gaps does not matter for CAT B. For this category you just need to show 12 months worth of payslips, bank statements and employment details for all jobs. It's much more paperwork. CAT A will be much less paperwork.

You meet the requirement for both.

It's your call

Thank you ever so much. This a relief to both I and my Wife. We will be seeking a solicitor (someone we know) to handle our application this time...

I read somewhere (on this forum) that one has to "idiot-proof" it for the Entry Clearance Officer I.e. explain why there were gaps in employment such as travel to visit spouse (even if one meets the financial requirement and evidence of flight tickets etc)...

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:51 am

Not necessarily, each case is different. Sometimes people further explain things to make sense of it, for example why they didnt visit the spouse for a long time etc etc.

. CAT B they expect gaps etc.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:51 am
Not necessarily, each case is different. Sometimes people further explain things to make sense of it, for example why they didnt visit the spouse for a long time etc etc.

. CAT B they expect gaps etc.
Thank you ever so much. Honestly, we are very grateful for your advice.

I think on that basis it will be best to explain the gaps in employment for e.g. agency/temp work from October till December 2017 and especially the 6 weeks I went to visit my Wife between December 2017 and January 2018 for our 1 year anniversary....

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:08 am

Also, we are still yet to receive our NHS surcharge refund on the 12th October. We appealed for my wife's visa but our understanding is that it can take up to 6 weeks from when the Tribunal has refused it (this was in August).

Is there a way to contact them as it should have been automatically refunded?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:50 am

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:50 am
You can email: IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk
Thank you very much. I am grateful especially as we would like to make another application as I've been trying to get hold of them via phone but no luck.

I'm guessing we will give them our GW reference number and NHS surcharge details etc?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:22 am

Yes - and attach any letter or emails that will provide proof of your refund request / entitlement.

They can take 6 weeks or so to do refund but like most government places when you are owed money they will dodge as much as possible but when they owe 1p from you they will chase you like mad.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:32 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:22 am
Yes - and attach any letter or emails that will provide proof of your refund request / entitlement.

They can take 6 weeks or so to do refund but like most government places when you are owed money they will dodge as much as possible but when they owe 1p from you they will chase you like mad.
Thank you. I will also attach the refusal letter and Tribunal letter which confirms my entitlement.

You are so Kind....

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am

Yes good idea. Make sure you firmly state to them that you have waited more than 6 weeks already and require a refund immediately.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:44 am

Thank you once again. You have been a great help to us.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 am

I have emailed them after our last conversation...I am yet to receive a refund or even an acknowledgement.

It is now 9 weeks

What else can I do?

P.s. my Wife is also 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant....

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:19 am

Contact your local MP and explain situation

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:27 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:19 am

Thank you.
I contacted my MP a few weeks ago. And spoke with one of the case workers (I also have a case reference number- given to me prior to the appeal) and they told me over the phone that they will email them for me...

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 am

I managed to finally receive my IHS refund after 12 weeks! What a miracle!

I have now submitted and paid for my online application (Personal Details Form) and the IHS Surcharge with the assistance of a solicitor. My documents will be posted to Sheffield tomorrow Morning (recorded delivery).....

However, I just remembered that APPENDIX 2 (Financial Requirement Form) was not completed as I remember completing it on the previous application last year....

Is it necessary to complete it? If so, how will it affect the application? And will I need to complete it and post off with my other documents (payslips/bank statements etc)?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:25 am

MC kaiser wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 am
I managed to finally receive my IHS refund after 12 weeks! What a miracle!

I have now submitted and paid for my online application (Personal Details Form) and the IHS Surcharge with the assistance of a solicitor. My documents will be posted to Sheffield tomorrow Morning (recorded delivery).....

However, I just remembered that APPENDIX 2 (Financial Requirement Form) was not completed as I remember completing it on the previous application last year....

Is it necessary to complete it? If so, how will it affect the application? And will I need to complete it and post off with my other documents (payslips/bank statements etc)?
Without appendix 2 the application won't be considered as completed. Get your solicitor aware too about it if he doesn't know that 8)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 am

[/quote]

Without appendix 2 the application won't be considered as completed. Get your solicitor aware too about it if he doesn't know that 8)
[/quote]

Thank you. The online application has been paid in full and submitted.
He is now aware. I have printed out the Appendix 2 financial requirement form, completed it and will now scab over to him and my Wife. He will print it out and post off with my other supporting documents to Sheffield....

MC kaiser

Decision timescale....

Post by MC kaiser » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:47 pm

I submitted my wife's online Visa Application on 20th December 2018 (this is our 2nd application).

The supporting documents were posted and received (signed for) in Sheffield on 28th December 2018.

My Wife went for her Biometric in Lagos on 16th January 2019 (the online tracker states UKVI have received the application form and documents etc).

I believe it takes up to 8 weeks for a decision to be made....

On the dates I provided...when will it start the 8 weeks?

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:17 am

Londoner007 wrote:

On another note....
I submitted my wife's online Visa Application on 20th December 2018 (this is our 2nd application).

The supporting documents were posted and received (signed for) in Sheffield on 28th December 2018.

My Wife went for her Biometric in Lagos on 16th January 2019 (the online tracker states UKVI have received the application form and documents etc).

On the dates I provided...when will it start the 8 weeks to process?

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:42 pm

Londoner007 wrote:

On the dates I provided...when will it start the 8 weeks?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:32 am

Usually from date of biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:32 am
Usually from date of biometrics.
Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated.

On another note, my Wife's TB Certificate will expire by 22nd March 2019 and she's just over 5 months pregnant. We would not want a situation that it expires by the time her visa is issued....

How could we get round this if it happens?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am

There is no requirement that it must be valid when she travels to the UK. She can simply carry it with her and if the IO feels she needs a test to check, one will be arranged here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am
There is no requirement that it must be valid when she travels to the UK. She can simply carry it with her and if the IO feels she needs a test to check, one will be arranged here.

Thank you for this. This is a massive relief for us as my Wife can be at ease as this will give me time to get her and my tickets once they issue it.

You have been so kind. We are grateful. Thank you....

MC kaiser

Post by MC kaiser » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm

CR001 wrote:

My Wife's Visa was refused for the 2nd time (refusal letter 22/02/2019). The ECO claimed that she does not meet the "English eligibility requirements" and they "do not believe she's from an English majority speaking country."

My Wife has a degree in English (which is met by UK NARIC) and she was born in Nigeria which the official language is English and a former British colony.

Our first application was refused due to insufficient payslips and every other documents required was met and verified when submitted to the Entry Clearance Officer (including her English eligibility at the time).

Have you heard of similar cases? And how do we go about this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 pm

MC kaiser wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm
CR001 wrote:

My Wife has a degree in English (which is met by UK NARIC) and she was born in Nigeria which the official language is English and a former British colony.
HO is chained up with their own guidance and if you are not from English speaking country/got the UK degree they have no discretion on this. Haven't you got NARIC red route degree comparability and English proficiency report??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.