ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium service appointment after visa expired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Premium service appointment after visa expired

Post by Demi2393 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi all,

I’m sorry for piggy backing on someone else’s thread. I’m quite new to this and still trying to get the hang of how things work around here.

I’ve recently just booked a premium service appointment for flr(fp) parent route (mum to a British citizen). My visa has already expired. I saw on a thread (which I can’t seem to find) that it doesn’t matter if visa is expired or not as long as you have a compelling case which is why I went ahead to go down the premium service route.

Obviously it’s saying something different on this thread which is very confusing.

Please advice.

Thanks x

Casa

Re: Premium service appointment after visa expired

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm

A complex case which you appear to have, is unlikely to be processed by the junior level Caseworkers at the PSC.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm
A complex case which you appear to have, is unlikely to be processed by the junior level Caseworkers at the PSC.

I’m not sure how my case is complex. Complex in what way? Also in the event that my case is unable to be processed by a case worker on the day of my appointment what happens then?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:16 pm

I've split your post into your own topic to avoid confusion in another member's thread.

Although FLR(FP) applications can be submitted at a PSC the guidance notes also advise:
13. APPLYING IN PERSON
We offer a service to people who apply in person at one of our Premium Service Centres. This service is available only for applications which are straightforward and do not require further enquiries

If your visa has expired this is unlikely to be considered as a straightforward application. You will see from the FLR(FP) timelines on the forum that applications under this category can take many months to decide.

If a decision isn't made on the day at the PSC and assuming the application isn't refused, it would join the postal queue but there would be no refund of the premium fee.

It may help if you could explain your exceptional circumstances and your immigration history. When did your visa expire?
Do you live separately from your child's father?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Hi Casa,

Was wondering where my post went. Thanks for your reply. I entered the U.K. in 2013 on a tier 4 student visa. Visa expired in 2015, made an flr fp application via the partner route in 2017 which was denied mid this year. Now making an flr fp via the parent route. The child’s father is in no way shape or form involved in the child’s life but pays child maintenance every week.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:51 am

Dem2393 your case is definitely complex. Better to apply via post and save yourself the £600ish
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:02 am

Demi2393 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:19 pm
Casa wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm
I’m not sure how my case is complex. Complex in what way? Also in the event that my case is unable to be processed by a case worker on the day of my appointment what happens then?
The below is what makes your case complex. You have no valid visa and are an overstayer since 2015 based on yous last visa expiry and have a previous recent refusal for FLR(FP). So definitely not 'straightforward'.

If you choose to attend the appointment and your case cannot be decided, you will then join the postal route, having paid an extra £610 unnecessarily.
Demi2393 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:04 pm
Hi Casa,

Was wondering where my post went. Thanks for your reply. I entered the U.K. in 2013 on a tier 4 student visa. Visa expired in 2015, made an flr fp application via the partner route in 2017 which was denied mid this year. Now making an flr fp via the parent route. The child’s father is in no way shape or form involved in the child’s life but pays child maintenance every week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.