ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is my country of residence?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Stephlu88
Newly Registered
Australia

What is my country of residence?

Post by Stephlu88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello,

My employer and I are quite confused what to put as my country of residence when assigning the COS to myself. I'm applying for a Tier 2 General new hires visa. I currently reside in the UK and have done for the past 4.5 years however will be applying outside the country. Not sure to put my home country as my residence or the UK given I am applying to enter under a new immigration route?

Appreciate any advice!

sidrat28
Newly Registered

Re: What is my country of residence?

Post by sidrat28 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:39 am

Stephlu88 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Hello,

My employer and I are quite confused what to put as my country of residence when assigning the COS to myself. I'm applying for a Tier 2 General new hires visa. I currently reside in the UK and have done for the past 4.5 years however will be applying outside the country. Not sure to put my home country as my residence or the UK given I am applying to enter under a new immigration route?

Appreciate any advice!
What type of visa do you currently have? Why can't you apply from the UK? You would need the RCOS when applying from outside the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What is my country of residence?

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:13 am

sidrat28 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:39 am
Stephlu88 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Hello,

Appreciate any advice!
What type of visa do you currently have? Why can't you apply from the UK? You would need the RCOS when applying from outside the UK.
User is currently on FLR M so cannot apply within the UK.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... l#p1680116
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.