ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS surcharge says no dependants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yuldo
Newly Registered
United States of America

IHS surcharge says no dependants

Post by yuldo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 am

Hi, this is very frustrating! I finished my tier 2 application and went to pay the IHS surcharge, but the surcharge summary page says 'You don't have any dependants' and afterwards wants me to hit the 'correct' button without any way to change this statement. But in fact I do have a wife and child, who are applying at the same time as me, as dependants. Did I do something wrong in my application? Or else what should I do here? Hope someone can help me...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS surcharge says no dependants

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am

Did you complete separate forms for your dependents??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yuldo
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by yuldo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 am

Yes, I did. I completed and signed both under the 'apply for someone else' part of the form. The only potential complication I can think of is that both are planning to come a few weeks after me, but I can't see why that would make a difference.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Pay their IHS separately to generate their own number if you have done a separate form for them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yuldo
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by yuldo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks, yes I assume that is what will happen if I just continue with all three applications. I am just a bit nervous about hitting that green 'correct' button under 'You have no dependents'. Hopefully it will be ok.

jdp3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jdp3 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Yuldo, I have encountered the same confusion in my application. From this thread, it seems that I should just ignore the 'no dependants' line and continue on. Based on your completed visa application experience, can you confirm that this is correct?

Thanks in advance!

Joe