ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(General) PBS Dependent 5 Year route apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Tier 1(General) PBS Dependent 5 Year route apply for ILR

Post by Sanja123 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi,

"
Re:Taken from historical query

I came to UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant in Nov. 2008 and got ILR in Oct.2013.
After the marriage, my wife came to UK as a Tier 1 (General) dependent in Sep. 2012(Grant VISA on 20th Sept. 2012 - So in 5 year route)
Initially she got VISA until end Oct.2013 Since my Tier 1 was due on. However in beginning on Oct. 2013, I've got ILR. My wife got Teir 1 (General) dependent extension for another 3 years which mean till Oct 2016. In Oct 2016, we applied for another Tier 1 (general) dependent extension and she got visa valid until 2019 Oct.

"

First of all I would like to thank for all of your support on my wife's extension in year 2016 Oct. She got the extension valid until 2019 Oct.

Now she is qualified to apply ILR in 5 year route. So I am just trying to find out proper guideline document on the Gov site. Unfortunately I couldn't find any PDF kind of document so far. And also it looks like, she may need to apply via Online Form.

With regards to this situation, it would be great if someone can direct me to the right path(or web links) to follow all the requirements.

Specially on following points if required.

- Absence rule
- Financial/maintenance requirement
- Is the B1 Test from Trinity enough for English language requirement?
- She did LIFE IN UK test in year 2013. Is that still valid?
- List of required proof of documents to proof various thing?
- Can she straightaway apply for Citizenship as well OR need to wait another year?

Hope you would be able to see my historical queries in relates to my wife's visa extension in case if you required to know where she is right now in the VISA process.
If the information are not enough, please let me know.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1(General) PBS Dependent 5 Year route apply for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:33 pm

- Absence rule
NO absences limit
- Financial/maintenance requirement
NO such requirement
- Is the B1 Test from Trinity enough for English language requirement?
As long as it was used before in an immigration application and the test itself is still accepted by HO
- She did LIFE IN UK test in year 2013. Is that still valid?
LIUK pass certificate is valid for life
- List of required proof of documents to proof various thing?
The only thing is evidence of cohabitation with you, last two years in three pieces of evidence (bills, council tax, etc)
- Can she straightaway apply for Citizenship as well OR need to wait another year?
If you are British at the moment, she can go for straight for citizenship after her ILR. Otherwise she must wait a year
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Post by Sanja123 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

However I am bit of confusing about some matters as I could't find a straight forward guideline document.

1) "The only thing is evidence of cohabitation with you, last two years in three pieces of evidence (bills, council tax, etc) "

Is that enough to show cohabitation evidence since October 2016 (Last extension granted date) instead of the complete 5 year qualified period?

2) May I know the Application Fee please?

3) Do I need to provide cohabitation evidence for every month from all 3 sources ? otherwise please explain.

4) Do my wife still go for an appointment in person to any of their public enquiry centre? if so, at which stage I need to arrange the appointment please?
At the moment I am filling the online application form. Not yet proceed beyond the Declaration signing step.

Kind regards,

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Post by Sanja123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi,

Can someone please advice me on this.

KR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 pm

1) "The only thing is evidence of cohabitation with you, last two years in three pieces of evidence (bills, council tax, etc) "
Is that enough to show cohabitation evidence since October 2016 (Last extension granted date) instead of the complete 5 year qualified period?
I clearly said the last two years no ?
2) May I know the Application Fee please?
Fees
3) Do I need to provide cohabitation evidence for every month from all 3 sources ? otherwise please explain.
No, the 3 pieces of evidence can cover different parts of the 2 years, in total they should cover two years. It also does not need to be covering every month
4) Do my wife still go for an appointment in person to any of their public enquiry centre? if so, at which stage I need to arrange the appointment please?
At the moment I am filling the online application form. Not yet proceed beyond the Declaration signing step.
You will be given the options when you submit it online
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Post by Sanja123 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:13 am

Hi,

Thank you very much for all of the previous explanations.

I would like to clarify little bit more about Finance Requirement.
I just followed the following link to check the eligibility. At the end of this, it has given the Finance requirement as follows.

Link : https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk

"
Proof of finances
If you’re on the 5-year route, you and your partner usually need to prove that you have at least:

£18,600 a year if you have no children
£22,400 a year if you have 1 child
£2,400 a year for each additional child you have
Count all your dependant children under 18, even if you do not add them to your application. Do not count children who are British citizens, European Economic Area (EEA) citizens or settled in the UK.

"
Could you please kindly explain/ or send me the link where it says as we do not need any finance requirement for ILR in this type of case ?

KR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 am

That does NOT apply to PBS dependents applying for ILR and is NOT relevant to Set O form.

You are reading and looking at the Set M requirements which is a completely different visa category and rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sanja123
Newly Registered

Post by Sanja123 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:27 pm

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who continuously advised me on my wife's ILR - PBS dependent application.

At the end of the Online application form, we were able to go through the 'Existing System' option and book in person appointment at Glasgow office. I think those were the last few appointments before the system completely move into 'New System'.

My wife visited there at 9am by train and had provided all the supporting documents along with some photocopies. By 12pm, they had confirmed it is success and Bio-metric will send by post.

Seems all went very well.

Thanks again.