ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Tozlo2001 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:42 pm
Dear everyone I have done jcap back in Aug and mid September passport fees taken of my bank account but i have heard absolutely nothing from home office yet, is that normal? Been over 5 month now, opinions? Anybody same as me? Is no news is good news or should I expect bad news to arrive from homeoffice? Please help
Cr001 i would like to know what you think as you look expret
Please do not spam the forum with multiple duplicate posts as you have already been asked in your EXISTING topic where you asked the same question 12 and 10 days ago.

british-citizenship/applied-august-and- ... l#p1719788

You have also already been advised that HO won't inform you of every step and check they make and there is nothing you can do but wait to hear back on your application. Many people have been waiting much longer than 5 months, some over a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrstockport
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrstockport » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm

nabil777 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:59 pm
Hi all any one applied in Feb 2018 still waiting for approval as its almost over six months .please share some updates many thanks
Any Luck brother
please update

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 pm

Helll guys and Happy new year!

Was just wondering with the introduction of new these new visa centres (UKVCAS), does that mean we cant apply via post anymore? I mean make application online pay for it and then send off the documents by special delivery etc?

Thanks 😀

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 am

alsanober wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 pm

Was just wondering with the introduction of new these new visa centres (UKVCAS), does that mean we cant apply via post anymore? I mean make application online pay for it and then send off the documents by special delivery etc?

Thanks 😀
I think that's the idea.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 pm

alsanober wrote:

Thanks 😀
I believe you can still fill out the paper application (not the online form) and send off with your supporting documents. But UKVI have announced that they intend to withdraw this method in the near future.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 pm
alsanober wrote:

Thanks 😀
I believe you can still fill out the paper application (not the online form) and send off with your supporting documents. But UKVI have announced that they intend to withdraw this method in the near future.
Thanks alot

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:41 am

Hi, I've a URGENT questions, as I'm due to apply for naturalization this month.

1. Could any one would help me with the procedure? Shall I have to apply online or I can still send the form by post?

2. If it by post then how shall I use the nationality checking service as councils are not offering the service.

3. Do I need to send the original documents or I can keep with me (e.g, passport, BRP etc)?

Hope to some one soon.

Thanks
Vesh

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:37 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:41 am

1. Could any one would help me with the procedure? Shall I have to apply online or I can still send the form by post?
Have you reviewed the documentation? https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an. Online/UKVCAS or still postal available.

2. If it by post then how shall I use the nationality checking service as councils are not offering the service.
NCS has closed down - UKVCAS now - british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html

3. Do I need to send the original documents or I can keep with me (e.g, passport, BRP etc)?
For postal all originals need to be sent and you have to wait a few months to get them back. Use online/UKVCS and you keep all your originals

Hope to some one soon.

Thanks
Vesh
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:23 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:37 am
Vesh123 wrote:

Have you reviewed the documentation? https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an. Online/UKVCAS or still postal available.

NCS has closed down - UKVCAS now - british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html

For postal all originals need to be sent and you have to wait a few months to get them back. Use online/UKVCS and you keep all your originals

Hope to some one soon.

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks for your reply. One more thing If I apply online can I start filling the form now or have to wait for 12 months as only few days left in completing my 12 months?

Thanks
Vesh

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:23 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:

Hope to some one soon.

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks for your reply. One more thing If I apply online can I start filling the form now or have to wait for 12 months as only few days left in completing my 12 months?

Thanks
Vesh
You can start filling in - but don't hit "submit" . Not familiar with online but I expect there is a "save" option.
I always recommend people don't get hung up on an exact date they can apply, best to be flexible, i.e. after the "due" date.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Vesh123 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
You can start filling in the online form anytime you like. You can save what you input and recommence at a later date, but not longer than 10 weeks or all will be deleted.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:

Hope to some one soon.

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks
Vesh
You can start filling in - but don't hit "submit" . Not familiar with online but I expect there is a "save" option.
I always recommend people don't get hung up on an exact date they can apply, best to be flexible, i.e. after the "due" date.

Thanks.

1. I've been in UK for last 11 years so under employment section (Q 1.50) shall I need to give detail for last 5 years or 10 years , as for 10 years I don't have the payslips and employer letter for all employers?

2. How I fill up the referee section online as they required referee signature?

3. how long they take for the Approval?

Thanks
Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:20 pm
Thanks.

1. I've been in UK for last 11 years so under employment section (Q 1.50) shall I need to give detail for last 5 years or 10 years , as for 10 years I don't have the payslips and employer letter for all employers?

2. How I fill up the referee section online as they required referee signature?

3. how long they take for the Approval?

Thanks
Imran
1. 10 Years as the form asks. You don't need letters and payslips to submit.

2. Once complete you get option to print form out for referees to sign.

3. It varies form a couple of months to many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pheshi007
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Pheshi007 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:39 am

Happy New Year, been waiting since October 8th, it feels like l have been waiting forever .Sent through post and didn’t get it checked. :(

Pheshi007
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Pheshi007 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 am

Pheshi007 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:39 am
Happy New Year, been waiting since October 8th, it feels like l have been waiting forever .Sent through post and didn’t get it checked.Anyone waiting from October? :(

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi, If i use the new service for Naturalization do I still need to send the originals including Passport and BRP? Or they will do the copies and return back the originals to me.?

Hope to hear someone soon.

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Hi, If i use the new service for Naturalization do I still need to send the originals including Passport and BRP? Or they will do the copies and return back the originals to me.?

Thanks
Vesh
1. No

2. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks
Vesh
1. No

2. Yes.
Thanks

abola
Newly Registered
India

Post by abola » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi Good Afternoon,
I need urgent help I applied for Naturalisation Application online using new system there was a Question on online form. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? I answerd NO i was reading other disussion someone said answer should be YES have i made a mistake will this make impact on my application i am worring sick I am going to Croydon ukvcas on Monday 14th Dec for my appointment to submit the documents. what shall I do please help.

jafarkuku
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by jafarkuku » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm

abola wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Hi Good Afternoon,
I need urgent help I applied for Naturalisation Application online using new system there was a Question on online form. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? I answerd NO i was reading other disussion someone said answer should be YES have i made a mistake will this make impact on my application i am worring sick I am going to Croydon ukvcas on Monday 14th Dec for my appointment to submit the documents. what shall I do please help.
In my opinion, answer should be yes, assuming you have applied for any other uk visas (Tier1, tier 2 etc).

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 pm

abola wrote:
Hi Good Afternoon,
My suggestion is to write a letter to UKVI explaining the circumstances and providing any missing information. Then scan (or save as pdf) and upload the letter to UKVCAS with all your other documents. Take the letter and all your other documents with you on 14th JANUARY.

abola
Newly Registered
India

Post by abola » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 pm
abola wrote:
Hi Good Afternoon,
My suggestion is to write a letter to UKVI explaining the circumstances and providing any missing information. Then scan (or save as pdf) and upload the letter to UKVCAS with all your other documents. Take the letter and all your other documents with you on 14th JANUARY.
Thanks for the reply I first came to UK on settlement (spouse visa)

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Good Evening,

This forum is a great platform and I hope someone can answer my queries regarding my recent application submitted via online (UKVCAS) system :

(1) I’ve just realised that one of the dates in my previous employment (start/end dates) are slightly wrong (both months and years are correct), would this cause any issues?

(2) In the previous Immigration Applications, I’ve declared all to the best of my knowledge however seems like one of them were missed (although linked to my EEA PR status anyways) - what I meant is, I’ve declared my entry into the UK as a student, extension to PSW, then got married to EEA National and the application for original Residence Card was missed, ROR & PR were both declared, would this cause any issue?

Is it worth sending any covering letter as a follow up? Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi

I’ve a question. Could someone help?

I’m filling up the online form and need help regarding ‘Previous applications’ question

Should I click yes or No, if I click yes then it ask for the previous application reference. Do I really need to provide the detail or they do have all the applications history?

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm
Hi

I’ve a question. Could someone help?

I’m filling up the online form and need help regarding ‘Previous applications’ question

Should I click yes or No, if I click yes then it ask for the previous application reference. Do I really need to provide the detail or they do have all the applications history?

Thanks
Vesh
Yes you need to answer the question and state all your previous UK immigration applications made. If HO was simply going to check FOR YOU, they wouldn't ask the question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)