ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS charge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

superda
Newly Registered
India

UK BORN VISA APPLICATION

Post by superda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:36 am

Hello,

I am in Tier 2 General and I am going to apply my ILR end of this year.

Recently my daughter born in UK and we are planning to travel to India by April. I am waiting for Indian Passport (hope I will get by next week)

1. Can you please advise or point me the right link to submit Visa application ( I can see a lot of links and not sure which one I need to pick).

2. IHS do I need to pay for 3 years or I need pay only for my visa duration which is 2020?

3. What are the documents required?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK BORN VISA APPLICATION

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:57 am

1. https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... dant-child

2. For as long as your visa is valid as that is the duration the child will get a visa for. Note also that IHS fee is doubling on 8th January.

3. The online system will tell you what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:03 am

Thank you.

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 am

is it possible to pay IHS before 8th and submit the application later? As I am waiting for my newborn passport.

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:12 pm

help, please?

superda
Newly Registered
India

IHS charge

Post by superda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Hello,

To pay IHS charge do I need a Passport?. I am waiting for my newborn passport but IHS surcharge will increase double by 8th of Jan (I have UK full birth certificate). If so I can pay IHS now and apply for the VISA after week is that ok?

Can you please help with this.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS charge

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 pm

My understanding from other members experience is that a passport is not mandatory for a UK born child
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Thank you :-)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:51 pm

superda wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 am
is it possible to pay IHS before 8th and submit the application later? As I am waiting for my newborn passport.
i think you have 30 minutes from the time you pay the IHS to complete the application.

When you fill in the online form and get to the PAY stage, you will be asked to first enter the IHS reference number or a link to go and pay for it. Open up a new tab and go to the IHS website, register again, pay and you'll get a reference number. Go back to the tab and you'll have to complete the original application within 30 minutes of IHS payment.

I was thinking of doing what you were planning: pay IHS now and do the application later. But dont think that's possible.

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Hasmil

Thanks for your reply.

I was in the confusion that I don't have my daughter's passport, so let's pay now and apply the application after week. Since you confirmed as part of the process, also CR001 confirmed that I don't need a passport if the child is the UK born.

So my understanding now that with the UK full birth certificate I can apply before 8th and pay IHS surcharge within the application process and submit the application. Then do a Biometric to post office.

Required documents (not sure it's correct?)
1. Birth certificate (Original & Copy)
2. Photographs
3. My passport copy (recently I renewed my passport, do I need to attach both old new passport copy?)
4. My BRP copy?
5. Last 3 months bank statements?
5. Address proof?

Can you please confirm whether my understanding about documents correct or I am adding more or missing something?

Thanks lot!

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Today I filled application for my daughter. After my BRP & COS license then baby details, document section about maintenance details. Then it's redirecting me to the payment section. I am not sure where I have to upload documents like birth certificate, bank statement. Can you please guide me whether the procedure is correct or where to upload a document?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

superda wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:39 pm
Today I filled application for my daughter. After my BRP & COS license then baby details, document section about maintenance details. Then it's redirecting me to the payment section. I am not sure where I have to upload documents like birth certificate, bank statement. Can you please guide me whether the procedure is correct or where to upload a document?

Thanks
It is after you pay and choose the service you want to use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Thank you CR001.