ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details of trips outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Baracocolo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by Baracocolo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Dear all,
I can't remember a few of the small holidays I took back in 2014 and 2015. In a couple of occasions I might be wrong on the exact day I took off and I might forget a couple of long weekend I got abroad.
Let's say I can remember surely about 90% of my trips and am 100% sure I did not spend more than 180 days/year outside uk (and 90 last year). What should I do?
Many thanks for your kind replies and am sorry if this topic has been already posted somewhere in the forum (I am new and could not find it).
Kind regards
B

Alien2017

Re: Details of trips outside the UK

Post by Alien2017 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:10 am

I couldn't remember all either, and anyway you should't count the weekends gateway as the ones under 2 days don't have to be declared. I have mentioned all that I could remember and left a comment that I can't remember the exact dates, but they were around that date and certainly for that length. I mean I know we went a week to Italy in October for half term 4 years ago but can't remember the exact dates, so I have put there a week in October and then when I've finished with them all there is a comment field somewhere when I have mentioned that they might be wrong and got approved and no other questions asked.

Baracocolo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by Baracocolo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:31 pm

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Baracocolo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by Baracocolo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:21 am

Hello,

I would need help: when calculating the 180 days outside uk, I know I should not count the days in which I take off and land.
what creates me confusion is that the online form speaks about "details of trips outside the uk", not days outside the UK. When I have to fill my absences on the online form should I insert the day I left and the one I landed back and then THEY will not count the first and last day? or should I insert the details of my trips not inserting the days in which I took off and landed?

For example: let's say I was off from the 5th to the 10th: clearly I have been absent from the 6th to the 9th.

When I fill in the form which date should I write down, 5-10 or 6-9?

Many thanks
B

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:51 am

What 180 days are you referring to?

There is no such limit for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:29 am

Baracocolo wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:21 am
Hello,

I would need help: when calculating the 180 days outside uk, I know I should not count the days in which I take off and land.
what creates me confusion is that the online form speaks about "details of trips outside the uk", not days outside the UK. When I have to fill my absences on the online form should I insert the day I left and the one I landed back and then THEY will not count the first and last day? or should I insert the details of my trips not inserting the days in which I took off and landed?

For example: let's say I was off from the 5th to the 10th: clearly I have been absent from the 6th to the 9th.

When I fill in the form which date should I write down, 5-10 or 6-9?

Many thanks
B
Yes, you only fill in the dates of departure and arrival. The online form will then calculate the total days of absence from UK for you in the final online submission.

Baracocolo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by Baracocolo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Many thanks for your help