ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Bank Statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

engineer86
Canada

ILR - Tier 2 - A day's absence from the UK

Post by engineer86 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Good Morning,
I just started filling out the online SET(O) form. In the section where you're supposed to provide details of absences, if I enter the same date in the departure and return date fields an error message pops up saying: "Enter an end date that is after the start date". I visited Brussels, Belgium for less than a day back in 2014. I left the UK in the morning and returned later in the evening on the same day. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm unable provide enter details for this absence through the online form.

I'm going to give UKVI a call in the morning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - Tier 2 - A day's absence from the UK

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:33 am

If you left and returned on the same day, that does not count as a day of absence from the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 am

Hi Zimba,
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Would you please be able to direct me to the source of your information. Where can I find a precise definition of an absence? I know this may sound a bit daft but I just want to put my mind to rest.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:56 am

You must only include whole days in this calculation. Part day absences, for example, less than 24 hours, are not counted.
Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:59 am

Thank you very much. Really appreciate it!

engineer86
Canada

T2 to ILR - Some questions

Post by engineer86 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Good afternoon,
I was granted a Tier 2(G) visa on 08-05-2014 and intend to apply for ILR on 11th April. I would very much appreciate if anyone could answer the following questions:

1) Would it be possible to book a next day premium appointment with Sopra Steria, once I have submitted my application online?

2) I switched to a new employer in 2016. In my previous job, I made several trips abroad for attending project meetings/workshops. My last employer issued me a letter last year, detailing all absences.

• The letter in question is dated 22nd October, 2018. Is there a requirement for the letter from previous employer(s) to be issued N number of days prior to the application date?

• The letter is addressed to UKVI only, with the address fields left blank, as I wasn't sure at the time. Is this acceptable?

3) Below is the text of the letter issued by my current employer, in support of my application for ILR. Does this sufficiently cover all details required by UKVI?

UKVI
[by hand]

04 April 2019

To Whom It May Concern

RE: Mr X: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. (Residence Permit Reference Number:__)

I write to confirm details in relation to the above employee here at [Organisation Name]. I can confirm that Mr X has been employed by the company in a full-time permanent capacity since 01 July 2016 and remains with [Organisation Name] in a full-time permanent position of [Position] on a Tier 2 (General) visa.

I can confirm Mr X's current salary is £NN,NNN per annum and he work works a 37.5 hour week. Travel allowances are paid in addition due to the nature of the role and the requirement to travel within the UK, as and when needed. The applicable Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code for Mr X's job role is NNNN. He is entitled to 20 days annual leave, in addition to the standard bank and public holidays.

All payments are made to X's are made to a UK bank account, in line with our payroll requirements, and NI and tax deductions are made.

I can also advise that we have a continuing need to employ Mr X in our company for the foreseeable future.

In addition to the above, I can confirm that X has not been required to travel outside of the UK for any work-related purposes, and to the best of my knowledge, has not travelled outside of the UK for any personal reasons.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

HR Manager

• Is there a need for HR to include UKVI's address in the above letter? If so, what should this be?

Thanks

engineer86
Canada

Re: T2 to ILR - Some questions

Post by engineer86 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Good Evening,
Could anyone please answer the above questions?

Thanks.

engineer86
Canada

Tier 2 to ILR - Bank Statement

Post by engineer86 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Good Afternoon,
I asked my bank to provide a statement for the last three months. The branch manager printed this and stamped each page but refused to sign or certify it as a true copy. I remember when I first applied for my Tier 2 visa 5 years ago, the same bank issued a signed statement with a stamp on each page saying “CERTIFIED AS A TRUE COPY OF ORIGINAL”. Now they say they no longer certify statements. Would this statement be acceptable to UKVI? Has anyone else here experienced the same issue?

I intend to apply for ILR through the online system within the next couple of days.

I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Bank Statement

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 am

It should not be an issue

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba. Please would you be so kind to briefly answer the questions in my previous post, as I’m going to complete my application tomorrow.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:07 am

1) Would it be possible to book a next day premium appointment with Sopra Steria, once I have submitted my application online?
Yes, depending on availability. You may have to pay a fee for a next day appointment

Your employer letters are good

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Zimba,
As always thank you very much for your advice.

I have now submitted my application through the online system and made a payment for the super priority service. Sadly Sopra Steria's booking service is down at the moment. Really hope they fix the issue quickly and I'm able to book an appointment for tomorrow or Saturday.

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:07 am
Yes, depending on availability. You may have to pay a fee for a next day appointment

Your employer letters are good
Hi Zimba,
It may sound a bit daft, nevertheless I would still ask these questions in order to put my mind to rest.

I was issued my first Tier 2(G) visa on 08-05-2014. I submitted my application for ILR on 11-05-2019, which is well within 28 days until end of the qualifying period. I travelled abroad on a number of occasions for work related reasons. These absences add up to a total of 14 days. Does this break continuity of the qualifying period or push back the date when I become eligible to apply for ILR?

I know you or CR001 posted a link to the Home Office guidance document, but I would still really appreciate a concise answer from yourself or any other moderators.

Many thanks!
Last edited by engineer86 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 pm

No they don't as absences of 180 days per residence year are acceptable

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 pm
No they don't as absences of 180 days per residence year are acceptable
Zimba, As always thank you so much!

Correction for a typographical error in my previous post: I submitted my application for ILR on 11-04-2019

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,
I just uploaded all evidentiary documents for my application. Perhaps inevitably, I have yet more questions and would be really grateful if Zimba or any other moderators here are able to assist.

1. In line with Sopra Steria's document upload policy, I scanned all documents in grey-scale. I'm slightly worried because for all my previous visa applications, the case workers always demanded I show them the original bank statement, pay slip, degree etc. I hope Sopra Steria are following the Home Office guidelines here. Do you foresee any problems with this?

2. I uploaded only the first page of my current passport and the signed declaration in the mandatory documents section. In the Travel History section, I uploaded all pages of my current and previous passports. Would this be acceptable?

3. In the immigration status section, I uploaded a scan of passport pages with the first UK visa and entry stamp. I had to return my past residence permits at the time of my last two applications. I still had photocopies of those residence permits which I duly scanned and uploaded, in addition to that of my current residence permit. Do you think this is ok?

4. In the immigration status section, should I also upload scans of visa approval letter I've received from the Home Office in the past? I already provided reference number for my previous applications when I completed the UKVI online form.

5. In the finance section, I uploaded scans of my original bank statements for the last three months as well as my pay slips for the 3 month period. The bank statements are originals which I receive in post each month. While the address of the branch is listed on each page, there is no phone number. I also got stamped printouts of my account statement for the same period, from my local branch which has both the address and the phone number. Should I also upload this statement as an additional precaution?

6. It's a bit late to book Sopra Steria's document checking service, as my appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm heading to their 'Premium Lounge' in London. The scan quality for the first page of my passport, isn't great. Would they be able to scan this again for me?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Carry all documents with you. If anything missing they will upload them for you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm

engineer86 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 pm
Hi,
I just uploaded all evidentiary documents for my application. Perhaps inevitably, I have yet more questions and would be really grateful if Zimba or any other moderators here are able to assist.

1. In line with Sopra Steria's document upload policy, I scanned all documents in grey-scale. I'm slightly worried because for all my previous visa applications, the case workers always demanded I show them the original bank statement, pay slip, degree etc. I hope Sopra Steria are following the Home Office guidelines here. Do you foresee any problems with this? With the new system, evidence can be originals or copies. Only passport has to be original nothing else

2. I uploaded only the first page of my current passport and the signed declaration in the mandatory documents section. In the Travel History section, I uploaded all pages of my current and previous passports. Would this be acceptable? Its fine. If i was you I would upload the full current passport in proof of application section which is mandatory. But what you did is okay also

3. In the immigration status section, I uploaded a scan of passport pages with the first UK visa and entry stamp. I had to return my past residence permits at the time of my last two applications. I still had photocopies of those residence permits which I duly scanned and uploaded, in addition to that of my current residence permit. Do you think this is ok? This is not needed. You passports and current brp is enough

4. In the immigration status section, should I also upload scans of visa approval letter I've received from the Home Office in the past? I already provided reference number for my previous applications when I completed the UKVI online form. not needed

5. In the finance section, I uploaded scans of my original bank statements for the last three months as well as my pay slips for the 3 month period. The bank statements are originals which I receive in post each month. While the address of the branch is listed on each page, there is no phone number. I also got stamped printouts of my account statement for the same period, from my local branch which has both the address and the phone number. Should I also upload this statement as an additional precaution? Scan copies of originals are fine. Evidence can be originals or even online statements

6. It's a bit late to book Sopra Steria's document checking service, as my appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm heading to their 'Premium Lounge' in London. The scan quality for the first page of my passport, isn't great. Would they be able to scan this again for me? I went to london premium myself. They will scan your current passport anyways. I was told they scan 15 pages to make sure the passport is genuine. Many times they dont scan full passports as they say its not required. Good thing is you have done it yourself so they will have no problem to submit it. We as applicants have to make sure we are providing everything as per our satisfaction. Sopra staff does not know about any immigration stuff. They are just there to take your biometrics and double check your documents as per the checklist. Its best to carry all documents with you. They will not even see any document except for the passport, brp and your appointment barcoded letter. But its best to have so incase there are any problems with the scan they can scan again for you.

Thanks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

engineer86
Canada

Post by engineer86 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:21 am

Dear Zimba, CR001 and tier11417
Thank you so much for your patience in responding to all my queries over the past couple of weeks or so.