ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS - Mandatory v Optional Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Application Question - Relating to proof of residency

Post by Rictastic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi

Just a few inter-related questions regarding the application form

I'm currently waiting until after 10th March to apply as I was back in NZ for a month 5 years ago

Covering the whole 5 year period I've been working as an IT Contractor through my own limited company, I'm not too sure what to put in the Details of Employment section, but am thinking about going with Ticking Employee and Director, then supplying my Limited company details and listing my contracts in the Employment history section (unless anyone has any better suggestions??)

As part of my application I've got 5yrs worth of SA302s from HRMC, also 5 years worth of P60s with a letter from my accountant (as I'm and IT Contractor working through a limited company)
and I'm just realising that this doesn't cover the current to the tax year so will get a letter from the company I'm currently working for as a "letter of employment"

Also the AN guide/form tells you what is required to prove your 5 years of living in the UK but also states you need to have been in the country 5 years to the day but is a bit vague on how this is checked/proved

What I'm wondering is what I'm supplying enough (I'm also be supplying my passport covering the 5 year period) to show I was in the country 5 years to the day? or do I need to go a step further? as a contractor 5 years ago I was out of work until April so would it be best to get a letter from them stating I was working for them at the time? or are your passports enough?

Also relating to my passport, I done a couple of Belgium trips via the Ferry and I'm not a 100% confident they always stamp you're passport on the way out (not sure if this will be an issue??)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application Question - Relating to proof of residency

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

As an ILR holder you only need to provide your passports (expired and/or current) to prove residency via stamps/visa in/out. Employment documents are only required by EU citizens as they don't get stamps in their passports. As for being present the days 5 years ago, you have to state it and it has to be correct - specific proof not required, and your list of absences should cross-check. State all absences even if there is no stamp in your passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Application Question - Relating to proof of residency

Post by Rictastic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks for that

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Online Application - Documents

Post by Rictastic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:24 am

Hi

I'm currently in the process of filling out the application form online, I had originally planned to use the NCS (which it seems is now finished)

Just wondering what's required in the online Documents section? Is it as simple as scanning you passport, life in the UK test, P60 etc and attaching them (then bringing the same documents to the appointment?) or is there more to it than that?

The photos raise questions for me, you can get digital versions for applications which I'm sure are easy to attach, but how does this work for also getting the referee to sign the back etc

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Online Application - Documents

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Rictastic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:24 am
Hi

I'm currently in the process of filling out the application form online, I had originally planned to use the NCS (which it seems is now finished)

Just wondering what's required in the online Documents section? Is it as simple as scanning you passport, life in the UK test, P60 etc and attaching them (then bringing the same documents to the appointment?) or is there more to it than that? I believe so but don't have experience of the system - remember P60s are not required - you'll need to bring your passport, perhaps easiest to bring everything as you don't have many documents. Payment is also online. Biometrics will be done at the appointment.

The photos raise questions for me, you can get digital versions for applications which I'm sure are easy to attach, but how does this work for also getting the referee to sign the back etc can't answer this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Online Application Checking in London

Post by Rictastic » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am

Hi

I've nearly got my Naturalisation (online) application ready to go, although I'd like to have it checked by an immigration lawyer before submitting, I don't want to go with the around £1000 full service, I'd just like an immigration lawyer to spend 10/20 mins going over it and give their opinion

Does anyone know of this kind of service in London (preferably London City) that they would recommend?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application Checking in London

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:33 am

Rictastic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am
Hi

I've nearly got my Naturalisation (online) application ready to go, although I'd like to have it checked by an immigration lawyer before submitting, I don't want to go with the around £1000 full service, I'd just like an immigration lawyer to spend 10/20 mins going over it and give their opinion

Does anyone know of this kind of service in London (preferably London City) that they would recommend?
Members are not permitted to post names and details of immigration advisors or lawyers on the forum.

It really is not a difficult application to make.

british-citizenship/online-application- ... l#p1748982
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Online: English requirement questions have changed

Post by Rictastic » Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 am

Hi

I've been saving my applications questions (online) while I gather the right information and gather the necessary documents

I was at the stage where I filled out all the questions and got my referee signatures over the weekend and documents needed, when I logged in today, the first sections questions have changed and I was required to fill out a new section

I'm lead to believe that because I have a New Zealand passport I'm exempt from the language requirement and previously there was an option to select this exemption, now the first question asks if I have a degree taught in English (which the answer is yes) and then ask me to supply degree and proof the degree was taught in English (although according to the Gov website NZ is still exempt)
I actually have to lie and select No and then No to the next questions (pass language test etc) to use NZ passport as proof

Ideally I would want to be truthful and say I do have a degree taught in English, but I'd rather use my NZ nationality as Language proof as it's far more straight forward, Am I likely to have issues if I select Yes Degree Taught in English and then don't provide proof

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 07, 2019 11:07 am

You should say NO. NZ citizens are exempt from English language requirements
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Rictastic » Tue May 07, 2019 12:12 pm

Would that not be considered untruthful/deception?

Given that I do actually have a degree that was taught in English, and this was also a requirement of my ILR, which they would no doubt have a record of

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Rictastic » Tue May 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Note: My ILR was obtained around March 2013... so before the inclusion of recent ILR exempts you also

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Rictastic wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:17 pm
Note: My ILR was obtained around March 2013... so before the inclusion of recent ILR exempts you also
A NZ citizen is still exempt. Nothing has changed in regards to this for citizenship. You only need LIUK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Rictastic » Tue May 07, 2019 1:23 pm

I'm fine with the fact I'm exempt via my NZ Passport, I'm more worried about a rejection due to the application not being filled out correctly

If I select Degree = No, Test = No, Medical = No, then the the document list falls on my to my NZ passport for the English requirement.. but Degree = No is untrue and easily provable as they would have this on record, potentially reject my application for lying

If I select Degree = Yes and then don't supply the required proof (degree and letter etc) I could be rejected for not supplying the required documents (from list)

So it nearly seems that I'm forced to jump through even more hoops to prove my degree was taught in English because of a major design flaw in the website (whereas until today a option of "country from list" was available but on logging in today seems to have vanished, only giving me the 3 options of Degree/Test/Medical)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm

You are overthinking.

The degree question is ONLY relevant to meeting the English requirement using a degree rather than the English test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm

No. It is not deception when the information is not relevant to the application as you qualify without a degree.
If you are a national of a majority English speaking country, you will not be required
to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. Nationals of majority English
speaking countries are considered automatically to meet the English language
component of the Knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement. You will
still be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate your knowledge of
life in the UK.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Rictastic » Tue May 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Awesome, thanks for your help

Rictastic
Newly Registered
New Zealand

UKVCAS - Mandatory v Optional Documents

Post by Rictastic » Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 am

Hi

I've been reading through a lot of posts/topic regarding what documents go in what categories and it seems like a lot of people have gone with Passport in Mandatory and the rest spread across the Optional Categories....

I read the mandatory section as all mandatory documents, which would be all on the checklist (e.g Passport, BRP Card, Referees, Life in the UK Test, Language proof

Then just a few extra backups in Optional (e.g. Birth Certificate, P60s)

Should the Mandatory category only have the Passport and the rest in Optional or does it not really matter as long as all the documents are there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS - Mandatory v Optional Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 am

Then just a few extra backups in Optional (e.g. Birth Certificate, P60s)
Not required.
Should the Mandatory category only have the Passport and the rest in Optional or does it not really matter as long as all the documents are there?
It really makes no difference. As long as everything is uploaded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ChrisDes
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by ChrisDes » Tue May 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi all,

First of all, many thanks for the many useful posts on this forum it is very much appreciated.

Further to the above, I inadvertently included details of my English Degree as follows:

Did you have a Degree that was taught in English? Yes
Country your degree was taught in: New Zealand
What will you use to prove your degree was taught in English: Degree certificate

I am similar to the original poster on this thread, applying for naturalisation/British citizenship, New Zealander with Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (just over 1 year ago).

I definitely do not need to prove my English language skill as I am from an exempt country. The only issue with this is now the checklist for my application includes:

"The degree certificate to prove the level of English language required" and "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK".

How should I proceed when I attend my appointment (scheduled for Monday 17th June)? I was planning on bringing my degree certificate and explaining that due to the bug in the online form, I inadvertently filled out a section of the form I was not required to complete. Any ideas if this will pose any issues for me?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance,

Chris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:35 pm

ChrisDes wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:32 pm
Hi all,

First of all, many thanks for the many useful posts on this forum it is very much appreciated.

Further to the above, I inadvertently included details of my English Degree as follows:

Did you have a Degree that was taught in English? Yes
Country your degree was taught in: New Zealand
What will you use to prove your degree was taught in English: Degree certificate

I am similar to the original poster on this thread, applying for naturalisation/British citizenship, New Zealander with Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (just over 1 year ago).

I definitely do not need to prove my English language skill as I am from an exempt country. The only issue with this is now the checklist for my application includes:

"The degree certificate to prove the level of English language required" and "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK".

How should I proceed when I attend my appointment (scheduled for Monday 17th June)? I was planning on bringing my degree certificate and explaining that due to the bug in the online form, I inadvertently filled out a section of the form I was not required to complete. Any ideas if this will pose any issues for me?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance,

Chris
Simply add a covering letter (brief) to explain your error and exemption.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ChrisDes
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by ChrisDes » Tue May 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Will do and thanks very much for your prompt response.